The Existence of Chemicals
- Soaps, detergents, food additives and medicines play an important role in our life.
- These chemicals have helped us to improve the quality of life. However, these chemicals can cause side effects on life and the environment if they are not used wisely.
- The discoveries of chemicals such as detergents and antibiotics by scientists were due to patience, meticulousness, curiosity, perseverance, observance and skills to solve problems in science.
- When Sir Alexander Fleming was growing dishes of bacteria, one dish was accidentally contaminated with mould. Instead of discarding the dish, he kept it for observation. This eventually led to his discovery of penicillin which saved the lives of many people.
- Aspartame was accidentally discovered by Jim Schlatter when he was working on a project to discover new treatments for gastric ulcers.
Table shows some proper management of these chemicals.
People also ask