National Scholarship Portal – Application Procedure, Dates and More
Higher studies have become costly each year and the costs are expected to go up further. In India, students aspiring to higher studies are unable to afford the costs because of their social and economic backgrounds. The government of India took a step up with the National scholarship Portal, to financially help the eligible students by providing National Scholarship.
Here’s the full information you should know about the National Scholarship portal from accessing, applying, last dates, availing benefits, etc
How is National Scholarship Portal Different
Scholarship schemes are not new in India, but they were all made with long processes and tedious paperwork. The NSP (National Scholarship Portal) is the most comprehensive, unique and simple to use portal that helps students get their National scholarships more efficiently. All the services like student application, application receipt, processing, sanction, and disbursal are all in one place. National Scholarships Portal is taken as a Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan (NGP).
National Scholarship Portal – Objectives
The NSP assures to provide Scholarship with a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) approach. The SMART system provides faster & effective disbursal of National scholarships, delivery of funds directly into the beneficiaries’ account transparently.
The objectives include:
- Timely disbursement of scholarships to students.
- Common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments.
- Transparent database of scholars.
- Avoid duplication in processing.
- Harmonization of different scholarship schemes and norms.
- Application of direct benefit transfer.
National Scholarship Portal – Why Register with NSP?
One of its objectives, that NSP is commonplace for different scholarship schemes of Central and State governments makes it important to register with the National Scholarship portal for the students.
- Simple process with a single integrated application for all National scholarships
- Transparency suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible and a reduction in duplication.
- Standardization with data of institutions and courses at pan India level and processing National scholarships.
- Decision support system (DSS) for various Ministries & Departments so as updated information is present whenever needed.
- MIS system that monitors every stage of National scholarships disbursal from the student registration to the delivery of funds.
National Scholarship Portal – List of NSP Scholarships
|Minority Affairs||Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities|
|Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional & Technical Courses CS|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority students|
|WARB, Home Affairs||PM’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles|
Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
|Pre-Matric Scholarships for PWD|
|Post-Matric Scholarships for PWD|
|Scholarships for Top-Class Education for Children with disabilities|
|National Fellowship for PWD|
Social Justice & Empowerment
|Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Student Only (UT)|
|Upgradation of Merit of SC Students|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students studying in Class IX & X in UTs only|
|Top-Class Education for SC Students|
Labour & Employment
|Post-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under Beedi Workers Welfare Fund|
|Post-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under Cine Workers Welfare Fund|
|Post-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under IOMC Workers Welfare Fund|
|Post-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under LSDM Workers Welfare Fund|
|Pre-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under Beedi Workers Welfare Fund|
|Pre-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under Cine Workers Welfare Fund|
|Pre-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under IOMC Workers Welfare Fund|
|Pre-Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under LSDM Workers Welfare Fund|
|Scholarships to the Children of Iron/Manganese/Chrome/Ore Workers|
|Scholarships to the Children of LSDM Workers|
You can check out the National Scholarship official website for more information.
National Scholarships – Application Process
Students can register in NSP and take advantage of scholarships under Central and State Governments. Let’s get into the detailed NSP registration process.
National Scholarship New registration
- Click on the tab ‘Student Login’ on the home page of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Fill up the application as per the system’s instructions
- Click on the ‘save’.
- After saving the application, you will get a “Temporary ID”. (The Temporary Registration Number is also sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number for future reference.)
- Submit Temporary ID, date of birth, and fill the subsequent details, as per the system instructions.
After submitting the details, a Permanent Registration ID will be generated, which is used to track the status of the application and also for Renewal.
Renewal of National Scholarship
- Keep the ‘Application Id’ and Date of Birth which was used in the previous year registration.
- A ‘Forgot Application ID’ is also available to retrieve the lost ID.
Only those students who had received the scholarship payments during the previous year from NSP can renew.
National Scholarship Portal – Application Procedure
After filling the necessary details and completing the registration process, there will be a list of all the scholarships that you are eligible to apply. Here are the steps after registration is done.
Filling Procedure for National Scholarship Portal Application Form
- After logging into the portal with a temporary registration number and Date of Birth, you should fill your personal details and academic details. Fill the present as well as previous academic details
- Then provide accurate bank account details.
- You can see the list of various scholarships that you can apply based on your qualification and category details i.e. SC/ST/minority/Disabled, etc.
Uploading Documents in NSP Website
You can apply for multiple National Scholarships. When you apply for a particular scholarship, the system will show a list of the documents that are to be uploaded for the scholarship opted.
Contact Details of National Scholarship Portal
After the necessary documents are uploaded successfully, your contact details must be provided and complete the application process.
National Scholarship Portal – Tracking Application Status
- Take a printout of the application form by clicking on the ‘Print Your Application’ tab.
- Check the status of your scholarship application by clicking on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab on the NSP Portal.
- Go through the Eligibility Criteria for the schemes available, before you apply for scholarships.
- And note that Aadhar number is not mandatory to apply for a scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal.
Documents Required National Scholarship Portal
However, students can register themselves using any of the following three things/documents:
- Aadhar Number
- Enrollment Id
- Bank Passbook
- Aadhaar Enrollment ID slip (if Aadhaar not Available)
- Application made for Aadhaar enrollment
- Voter Identity Card
- PAN Card
- Valid Passport
- Driving License
- Certificate of identity having a photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on official letterhead
- College ID Card
- State Government other documents with photo
The applications for the NSP scholarships can only be submitted online.
You can check out the National Scholarship portal Frequently Asked Questions PDF for more information and also step by step screenshots provided on the official website.