Essay on Rainy Season: Rainy Season, or the wet season, is one among the four seasons when the region’s average rainfall is achieved. It is generally caused due to changes in the flow of winds and other geological factors. Generally, the rainy season brings much-needed relief from the extreme heat of the preceding summer season, replenishing the rivers and lakes. Plants that were previously wilted spring to life in the rainy season.
Animals are also active during the rainy season. This is the season where farmers look forward to, as rain becomes the saving grace for their crops. However, the season also has the potential to bring about large scale destruction if preventive measures are not taken. Floods, hurricanes, storms and other water-related natural calamities usually occur during the rainy season.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Essay on Rainy Season for Students and Kids in English
Essay about Rainy season is an important topic for students of primary and lower primary classes. Moreover, it is easy to secure more marks for an essay if students prepare well and deliver their essays in an organised manner. Doing so should not be hard with the following tips and tricks. Rainy Season is the most amazing season of the year.
These tips and tricks will help students to write the perfect essay on the rainy season or any other topic. Furthermore, these guidelines will help students to improve their general writing and presentation skills for higher classes or future competitive exams.
Seasons are the part of a year. Most of the areas have four seasons, in some areas, there are a different number of seasons. In India the monsoons occur from as follows:
- Summer Season (March to May)
- Rainy Season (June to September)
- Spring Season (October to November)
- Winter Season (December To February)
Essay on Rainy Season Guidelines and Writing Tips
- When starting the essay, always include an introductory paragraph stating the topic’s history or any pertinent background information.
- An academic essay must always employ a formal style of writing. Slang must be avoided at all costs.
- Avoid jargon – these words reduce the clarity of the sentence. For technical essays, jargon is accepted.
- Always present content in small, digestible chunks
- Always organize the essay with subheadings
- Use bullet points wherever required
- Include specifics – such as names, places, dates. This will provide more clarity and context to the essay.
- Always use a concluding paragraph when ending the essay.
- If time permits, read through the essay before submission. This will help students eliminate most spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
Essay on Rainy Season 200 Words
Paragraph on Rainy Season Introduction: The rainy season, also called the “wet season”, is the time of the year when a region’s average rainfall occurs. In India, the rainy season starts in June and ends in September. Along with the looming clouds, the rainy season is characterized by high humidity and strong winds.
Though there is a significant reduction in temperature, humidity is significant near coastal areas. The exact duration of the season varies according to the location. In fact, places such as Mawsynram, Agumbe and Cherrapunji receive more than 7,000 mm of rainfall (average) in a year. Other places such as the Rann of Kachchh and northern parts of Jammu and Kashmir receive little to no rain.
Essay on Rainy Season Ecology & Impact
When the rainy season occurs, animals have to retreat to higher ground as the risk of flooding increases. Plant growth also gets affected as excessive rainfall washes away essential minerals and nutrients in the soil. In severe cases, soil erosion can occur.
From an anthropogenic perspective, the rainy season brings about its down dangers. Poisonous reptiles such as snakes will seek higher ground, often entering homes to seek refuge from the floods. Crocodile nestings also increase following the rains. Global warming has also led to an increase in the incidence of floods.
Essay on Rainy Season 300 Words
Essay on Rainy Season: The rainy season is commonly called the “wet season”. In the Indian subcontinent, it is called the “Monsoon” season. Elsewhere, the term “green season” is also used as a euphemism. Typically, the rainy season lasts at least a month; in India, the season begins from June and ends in September. Strong winds and spells of rain are the most common characteristics of the rainy season.
Essay on Rainy Season Definition
According to the Koppen Climate classification, rainy seasons are defined as months where the average precipitation (rainfall) is at least 60 millimeters. Regions have months that categorize the rainy season (such as the Mediterranean, which have dry summers and wet winters.) Interestingly, there is no such month (or rainy season) in tropical rainforests as their rainfall is equally distributed throughout the year.
Impact on Humans and Ecological Implications
Historically, people have always associated the rainy season with the growth of vegetation. However, from an agricultural perspective, food crops do not reach their full maturity and it can cause food shortages in some parts of the world.
During this season, an increase in the incidence of malaria and other water-borne diseases are also observed. The sudden onset of monsoon can also make people prone to other diseases such as jaundice, typhoid, and cholera.
Some animals, such as cows give birth during this season. Some species of butterflies, such as the Monarch butterfly migrate from Mexico. Some reptiles and amphibians also start nesting during this period. Animals that live underground also move to higher grounds in order to avoid flooding.
Excessive rains can lead to flooding which can erode soil and wash away essential minerals and nutrients. This impacts plant growth and development. Moreover, some poisonous reptiles may seek refuge by entering human homes.
Essay on Rainy Season Conclusion
In conclusion, the rainy season is characterized by at least 60 millimeters of rainfall or precipitation. It is also the season where some animals such as cows give birth. Certain amphibians and reptiles are also observed nesting during this season.
Rainy Season Essay 10 Lines
- Rainy Season is the most amazing season of the year.
- The rainy season is the season of joy and happiness.
- Women at home cook delicious dishes at home especially spicy items during the rainy season and serve family members.
- Heavy rains destroy crops and cause floods.
- Children enjoy this season to the utmost, they take shower, float paper boats and dive in the water of rain.
- All water bodies often get full of water, the rivers that dry get plenty of water.
- All plants and trees become green and greenery makes the environment more beautiful.
- The rainy season has always influenced poets and writers, especially poets compose poetry on the beauty of nature.
- Animals look very happy and enjoy the rainy season as men do.
- The black and dark clouds cover the sky for hours in the rainy season.
FAQ’s on Rainy Season
When is the rainy season beginning in India?
The rainy season begins in June and lasts until September. It is also called the monsoon season.