JNVST 2020: JNVST 2020 has organized by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS). JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test) conducted to provide admission to students in class VI and IX at Navodaya Vidyalayas. The test will be conducted in 2 phases for taking admission in class 6th. The first phase will be conducted on 11th January 2020. Whereas the second phase will be conducted on 11th April 2020.
JNVST for taking admission in class 9th will be conducted on 8th February 2020. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has the aim of bringing new empowerment in rural educational standards. Students will be selected to take admission in co-educational residential schools of NVS through JNVST. So, students should fill the form and apply online for JNVST on the official website of NVS. Read the complete article to get all the information about JNVST 2020.
JNVST 2020 can be applied through online mode to get JNVST admission in class 6th and 9th of NVs. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) established in 1986 by Govt of India in accordance with the National Policy of Education. Currently, JNVs spread across 28 states and 7 Union Territories (UTs). JNVs are co-educational residential schools. These are fully financed and administered by an autonomous organization NVS of Govt of India. Students can get admission in class 6th and 9th of these schools only by appearing JNVST entrance exam.
As per the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one JNV should be set up in each district in a phased manner. Currently, 661 Navodaya Vidyalayas has sanctioned in 28 states and 7 UTs out of which 636 are operating.
JNVs provide good quality education to talented students from rural areas. It provides environmental awareness, cultural components, adventure activities, inculcation of values, and physical education. It empowers students to attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages. It promotes national integration through migration of students from Hindi to Non- Hindi speaking State and vice-versa. It operated in each district as the focal point for enhancement of school education quality in general by sharing experiences and facilities.
JNVST 2020 for admission to Class-VI and IX in JNVs will be conducted in two phases as given below:
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
Phase 1: The state of Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, & West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep, Pondicherry, Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Chandigarh.
Phase 2: The state of Uttarakhand and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Districts of Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
|Conducting Body||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)|
|Exam Name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST)|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper mode|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Purpose of JNVST||To provide admission to students in class VI and IX at Navodaya Vidyalaya|
JNVST Important Dates
|Class 6th||Class 9th|
|Start of Application Form||July 1, 2019||October 24, 2019|
|Extended Last Date to the Online Submission of Application||September 30, 2019||December 15, 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||December 1, 2019 (Phase 1)|
March 1, 2020 (Phase 2)
|JNVST 2020||January 11, 2020 (Phase 1)|
April 11, 2020 (Phase 2)
|February 8, 2020|
|Result Declaration||March 2020 (Phase 1)|
May 2020 (Phase 2)
JNVST Eligibility Criteria
Students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for JNVST to take admission in class 6th and 9th:
- Students of all categories who have born before 1st May 2007 or after 30th April 2011 are not eligible.
- Students can only apply for admission if the concerned district has Navodaya Vidyalaya. However, if the Navodaya Vidyalaya opened in the district is bifurcated afterward then the old boundaries of the district will be taken into account for admission into JNVST. In the case of the newly bifurcated district, the Navodaya Vidyalaya has not yet started.
- The student must have studied class V in a Govt or Govt Aided or any recognized schools. Otherwise, the ‘B’ certificate competency course of the National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where they are seeking admission. But, the National Institute of Open Schooling should have the accreditation of NIOS.
- Students claiming admission under rural quota must have studied Regular class III, IV and V from a Govt or Govt aided or recognized school located in a rural area.
- Students who have passed the ‘B’ certificate competency course of the National Institute of Open Schooling on or before 30th September 2019 are also eligible. But, they have to submit the rural status certificate issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District. So that it will be considered as proof of residing in rural areas for the last three years.
- Students cannot appear in the test for the second time under any circumstances.
- There is no separate reservation for transgender category students. They will be considered in the Boys category for reservation purposes under various subcategories like SC, ST, Divyang, Rural, and Urban.
- Students who have studied in class III, IV, and V in a school located in an urban area even for a single day are not eligible.
JNVST Application Process
Students can apply for JNVST Admission online on the official website of NVS. Refer to the below points to apply for JNVST.
- Go to the official website of NVS.
- Click on the ‘Apply for JNVST for Class VI’ link.
- Students should register themselves to fill the JNVST Application Form.
- Fill the JNVST application form with correct and valid information.
- Upload the previous examination certificates issued by the Principal and photograph along with the signature.
- The uploaded document size should be between 10 to 100kb in jpg format only.
- Submit the JNVST application along with the supporting documents at the office of the Novadaya Vidyalaya.
JNVST Selection Process
Students will be selected for admission in Navodaya Vidyalayas based upon their marks secured in JNVST 2020. After this, the selected students have to bring their relevant documents for verification at the admission center.
JNVST Checklist of Documents
The below-listed supporting documents have to be carried to the admission center for verification.
- Previous examination certificates and mark sheets
- Domicile certificate
- Birth Certificate
JNVST Mock Tests
JNVST 2020 Mock Tests are available on the official website of NVS. Students who appear in JNVST 2020 entrance exam must prepare the mock tests. JNVST Mock Test contains the previous year question papers. The mock test helps students to estimate the level of the examination and the difficulty of questions. They can also understand the question patterns of the exam. It contains Mental Ability, Language and Arithmetic question papers in English and Hindi mode.
JNVST Exam Pattern
JNVST 2020 exam pattern helps students to know the type and level of questions asked in the exam. The exam pattern contains 3 sections with only the objective type of questions. The exam will be conducted in 21 languages in pen and paper mode. These languages are Bengali, English, Bodo, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Garo, Khasi, Malayalam, Kannada, Oriya, Mizo, Marathi, Sindhi (Arabic), Sindhi (Devanagari), Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Nepali, and Urdu. A total of 80 questions for 100 marks will be asked in the exam. JNVST will be held for a duration of 2 hours from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Refer to the below-given exam pattern of JNVST:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||40||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
JNVST has no negative marking for wrong answers. Students will get a separate answer sheet. They have to indicate their answers in an appropriate place on the OMR sheet. In the NVS website, a copy of the specimen OMR Sheet will be uploaded. Students should use only blue or black ballpoint pens on the OMR sheet. There will be 4 probable answers for each question out of which only one will be correct. Students should select the correct answer and darken the corresponding circle of the selected answer. Once darkened, no change will be allowed. Striking or applying white or correction fluid or erasing the OMR sheet will not be allowed.
JNVST 2020 questions will be asked from the below-given sections:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT): Analogy, Pattern Completion, Figure Matching, Odd-man Out, Space Visualization, Mirror Imaging, Embedded Visualization, Folding/Unfolding, Geometrical Figure Completion, Series.
- Arithmetic Test: LCM and HCF of numbers, Number and Numeric System, Fractional Number and Four Fundamental Operations on them, Factors and Multiples including their Properties, Distance, Time and Speed, Four Fundamental Operations on Whole Numbers, Percentage and its Applications, Simplification of Numerical Expressions, Approximation of Expressions, Decimals and Fundamental Operations on them, Conversion of Fraction to Decimals and Vice-versa, Measurement of number in length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc., Perimeter, Area and Volume, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest.
- Language Test: Grammar, Reading Comprehension.
JNVST Admit Card
JNVST Admit Card 2020 will be released on the official website of NVS. Each student has to appear for the entrance test at the allotted exam center as mentioned on the JNVST 2020 Admit Card. Students have to report at the exam center as per the details mentioned on the admit card. No request for change of the exam center will be considered once the center will be allotted to students.
JNVST Result will be released in May 2020 on the official website of NVS. Students can also check it at the offices of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, District Education Officer, District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, and NVS of the Region. The selected students will get admission in various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). Students should keep in mind that there is no provision of re-evaluation of the answer scripts.
JNVST Answer Key
JNVST Answer Key will be released a few days after the exam on the official website of NVS. The answer key contains the correct answers to each question asked in the exam. Answer key help students to evaluate their scores in the test. Students can estimate their chances of qualifying the test by checking the answer keys. Students can compare their answers with the answer keys to calculate their scores.
JNVST Reservation Criteria
|Girls||One -Third of total seats|
JNVST Regional Offices
The Regional Offices of NVS are located at Hyderabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Jaipur, Shillong, Patna, and Lucknow. The state-wise distribution of JNVs are given-below:
- Punjab 22+01
- Puducherry 04
- Jammu & Kashmir 22+01
- Assam 27+01
- Himachal Pradesh 12
- Arunachal Pradesh 18
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands 03
- Jharkhand 24+02
- Rajasthan 33+02
- Andhra Pradesh 13+02
- Karnataka 30+01
- Sikkim 04
- Bihar 38+01
- Kerala 14
- Tripura 08
- Chandigarh 01
- Lakshadweep 01
- Telangana 09
- Chhattisgarh 27+01
- Madhya Pradesh 51+02 +01
- Uttar Pradesh 75+01
- Delhi 09
- Maharashtra 33+01
- Uttarakhand 13
- Daman & Diu 02
- Manipur 09+02
- West Bengal 19+01
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli 01
- Meghalaya 11+01
- Goa 02
- Mizoram 08
- Gujarat 33+01
- Nagaland 11
- Haryana 21
- Orissa 30+01
- Total – 638+22+1 = 661
The districts having a large concentration of SC/ST population have sanctioned for the additional JNVs.
FAQ’s on JNVST 2020
What is JNVST?
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is an entrance test organized by NVS. It is conducted to provide admission to students in class VI and IX at Navodaya Vidyalayas.
When will be the JNVST 2020 conducted?
JNVST will be conducted in 2 phases for taking admission in class 6th and 9th. The first phase will be conducted on 11th January 2020. Whereas the second phase will be conducted on 11th April 2020. JNVST for taking admission in class 9th will be conducted on 8th February 2020.
What are the starting and extended last date of JNVST application submission?
The starting date of the JNVST application for class 6th is 1st July 2019 and 24th October 2019 for class 9th. The extended last date for application submission for class 6th is 30th September 2019. Whereas the extended last date for application submission for class 9th is 15th December 2019
When will be the JNVST result declared?
The JNVST result will be declared in May 2020 on the official website of NVS.
How many questions will be asked in the JNVST 2020?
A total of 80 questions for 100 marks will be asked in the exam. JNVST will be held for a duration of 2 hours from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
We hope this article will help you to get more information about JNVST 2020. If you have queries related to JNVST 2020, then leave it in the comment box.