JNVST Admission: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (JNVST) Admission falls under the purview of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, an autonomous Government body under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and Development). For the 2020-21 sessions, the last date for online registration was the 14th of September, 2019. Candidates who have already registered will have to appear for a dual-phase exam, with the first phase scheduled for 11th Jan 2020.
Phase two of the JNVST Admission exam is scheduled for 11th April 2020. The institution provides admission in class 6 and lateral entries for classes 9 and 11. Candidates who wish to apply for the upcoming 2021-22 session will have to await the official notification from NVS. The admission window is scheduled to reopen in August 2020 (tentative).
JNVST Admission Process
Interested candidates will have to apply online through the official website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti at https://navodaya.gov.in/. New applications are currently closed as of January 2020; the board will reopen their admission window in August 2020 (tentative). JNVST Application Form has been released in the online mode.
JNVST Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet the aforementioned criteria to be eligible for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST).
- Candidates must be above 8 years old, but not older than 12. Please note: the exact age criteria (with month and date) for 2020 will be prescribed by the board in their upcoming notification. This criterion is inclusive for candidates of all categories (SC, ST, OBC)
- Candidates must be studying in class 5 for the entire academic year in a Government/ Government-aided school.
- About 75% of the total seats in a district are reserved for candidates from rural areas.
- Candidates that wish to claim admission under rural quota must have studied their classes 3, 4 and 5 from a Government or a Government-aided school. Moreover, the candidate should have studied a complete academic session in class 5 from the very same district that admission is sought.
- Candidates that are studying under the National Institute of Open Schooling schemes must produce their rural status certificate issued by the Block Development Officer/ Tahsildar or the District Magistrate.
- Candidates who are not promoted to class 5 before the prescribed date (To be announced soon) are not eligible to apply. No candidate is eligible to apply for the selection test for a second time.
- Transgender candidates will not be provided any separate categories. Instead, they will be included in the “Boys Category” for the purpose of reservation under the various subcategories.
FAQ’s On JNVST Admission 2020
What is the official site for JNVST Admission?
The application form for admission into NVS can be found at https://navodaya.gov.in.
When is the next application window for JNVST Admission?
The next application window opens in July-August (tentative).