Article on Pollution: The process in which some toxic pollutants are added to our environment is called pollution. It makes the climate harmful for both all the living beings. Pollution mainly happens because of men made activities, whether done unknowingly or deliberately. Nowadays, it has become an important issue worldwide. Many countries are facing defective childbirths and high mortality rates due to pollution. It makes natural things like water, air, soil, etc. harmful for both the humans and the animals.
The pollutants that mix in the air directly affect living beings as they get into the body directly while breathing. Water pollutants are in the same way hazardous for living beings. In today’s time, manufacturing and construction units are significant sources of pollution. People living next to a manufacturing group often fall ill either by noise or air pollution. But the irony is that humans are the ones who are deliberately polluting the environment. They’re just opening their own. We can’t get an utterly pollution-free world. Still, we can decrease the level of pollution around us by becoming more sensible and controlling our activities, causing pollution.
You can read more Article Writing about people, sports, technology many more.
Long and Short Articles on Pollution for Students and Children in English
Pollution is increasing every day around us. Children are the future of the world. They need to know about the harmful effects of pollution and how it can be controlled. There are two articles here on pollution. One is a 200 words short article, and another is a 500 words long article on pollution. The short article on pollution is helpful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. The long article on pollution is useful for students of classes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 12 and those preparing for competitive exams.
Long Article on Pollution 500 Words in English
Pollution is the process in which undesirable toxic contaminants contaminate our environment like air, water, soil, etc. It is creating sudden changes in the ecosystem, which is directly on indirectly leaving adverse effects on the lives of human beings, animals, and plants. It creates an imbalance in the natural system. Many things which are making our lives easy are harmful to the environment. For example, vehicles leave gases that pollute the air. Industries and household garbage pollute both water and air.
Every living being on Earth depends on air and water. When these two things get polluted, all the lives on Earth come at a risk. It is seen that urban areas get more polluted than in rural areas. Though rural areas also get polluted by harmful pesticides used in farming lands. Because of pollution, many new diseases appear daily, which are extremely dangerous for the health of living beings. It has now become a serious problem globally. Global Warming is now the cause of headaches for all human beings worldwide. It is the pollution that is indirectly affecting the change in the weather. This global issue needs immediate action. Otherwise, it will be challenging to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Types of Pollution
There are various kinds of pollution around us. Here, we will discuss more on the types of pollution.
- Air Pollution: It is sometimes visible like we can see polluted air left by the vehicles on the road because of its different colour. In most cases, it is not visible. Polluted air mainly affects the eyes and lungs of human beings as well as animals. It can even kill a living creature within a few minutes. We know about many incidents where harmful gas leakage has killed people. Even natural disasters can make the air toxic. Like volcanic eruptions produce harmful gases that affect human health and other natural resources as well. Vehicles and factories produce harmful gases that, in reaction to sunlight, creates thick fog. Air pollution also contributes to Acid Rain. It can destroy water life, forests, etc.
- Water Pollution: Same like water, one kind of water pollution is visible like muddy water, water with garbage, etc. At the same time, some visibly clean water can contain chemicals that are dangerous to our health. Drinking polluted water can cause serious health issues. A lot of people die worldwide by consuming contaminated water. It can also indirectly affect humans and animals. Like if we eat a fish from a polluted river or sea, we also absorb the potential pollutants. Natural gas and oil can also contribute to the pollution of water. Liquid wastes from factories also pollute the water. Solid wastes disturb the drainage system. Sewages, agricultural waste, acid rain are essential causes of water pollution.
- Soil Pollution: Solid wastes from factories and households pollute the land. Harmful chemicals mix in the soil through the pesticides used in agriculture. Pollutants from landfills mix in the ground and pollute it. When we eat plants that have grown in the polluted land, we indirectly consume contaminants harmful to our health.
- Noise Pollution: When the sound becomes intolerant and reason of disturbance, it is noise pollution. The sounds of vehicles, mike, loud music, or machinery cause noise pollution. It causes serious health issues like migraine, depression, hypertension, aggressive behavior, etc. to humans. It also directly affects the health of animals. It sometimes becomes the reason for their death.
Many people and animals are losing their lives or experiencing severe health issues due to the increased level of pollution. This critical issue needs immediate attention. Most of the causes of pollution are human activities. So, we should control such activities that contribute to pollution. It can at least minimize the severity of its effects.
Short Article on Pollution 200 Words in English
Pollution is how toxins mix in the natural environment and make it harmful for both human beings and animals. Plants also get affected by pollution. Air, water, soil, and noise pollution are some prevalent forms of pollution. However, there are other forms of pollution, light pollution, radioactive pollution, etc. Both natural and human activities contribute to pollution. Volcanic eruptions or oil and gas leakage can cause pollution.
Most human activities cause pollution. It is because of the consumerist approach of us. We use more than our needs, which adversely affect nature. The gases from vehicles and factories pollute the air. Solid garbages from factories, households, etc. pollutes the land and water. Agricultural wastes, pesticides cause pollution in the rural area. The massive sound of music, vehicle, and machinery causes noise pollution. The whole world is now suffering from pollution, which is causing Global Warming.
Trees should be planted on a large level to increase oxygen in the air. We should compromise with our consumerist approach. We have to understand the difference between need and want. Plastic bags should be avoided to decrease the level of land and water pollution. We should not always use our vehicle as more vehicle creates more harmful gases and noises. We should maintain a proper drainage system to protect the water from getting polluted. Natural activities can not be stopped, but we can control our actions. If we do so, we can minimize the impacts of pollution in nature.
10 Lines on Article on Pollution
- Pollution is the process in which toxic pollutants mix in the environment and makes it harmful for all living beings.
- Some of the frequent pollutions are Air, Water, Soil, and Noise Pollution.
- Both natural and human activities cause pollution.
- Harmful gases from factories and vehicles cause air pollution. Acid air is caused by air pollution.
- Volcanic eruptions also contribute to the pollution of air.
- Solid wastes from factories, agricultural land, households pollute the land. Acid Rain also causes pollution in the soil.
- Liquid wastes of factories mix with river and sea and pollute the water.
- Excessive sound from vehicles and machinery causes noise pollution.
- All kinds of pollution cause serious health issues in human beings and animals.
- Pollution can get prevented if we control our activities that cause pollution. We need to leave our consumerist approach.
FAQ’s on Article on Pollution
What is Pollution?
Pollution is how toxic pollutants mix in the natural environment and makes it harmful for both human beings and animals. Plants also get affected by pollution.
What are the significant kinds of pollution?
Air, water, soil, and noise pollution are some popular forms of pollution. However, there are other forms of pollution, as well as light pollution, radioactive pollution, etc.
Can we prevent pollution?
Both natural and human activities cause pollution. Though we can’t control natural activities, we can control our actions that cause pollution.
Who is affected by pollution?
All living beings get affected by pollution. Children and older people are more vulnerable. Animals and plants also get affected by pollution.