Pondicherry ITI Admission 2020-2021: Admissions to Pondicherry ITI courses fall under the purview of the Government Industrial Training Institute, Pondicherry. The institute is responsible for overseeing all ITI-related activities within the Union Territory, such as framing the schedule of events, setting the criteria for the merit list, and more. Candidates that are interested to seek admission to various engineering and non-engineering ITI courses in Pondicherry must check their eligibility criteria before applying.
The application window will be announced shortly on the official site. Interested candidates must register themselves to be considered for the admission process. Moreover, candidates are selected on merit, which is calculated on the basis of marks secured in their last qualifying exam. An ITI course varies from traditional courses with respect to the primary goal. ITI courses aim to educate students with specific industry-based knowledge and skills. A traditional course, on the other hand, aims to provide a holistic approach to education.
Students can get other states of ITI Admission process from Here.
Pondicherry ITI Admission Dates
The following are the important dates and the events for 2020 Pondicherry ITI. Please note, the dates are subjected to change without prior notice as per the convenience of the relevant authority.
|Application availability||To be announced|
|Deadline to submit the application form||To be announced|
|Merit list announcement||To be announced|
|Commencement of counselling||To be announced|
|Classes starting from||To be announced|
Pondicherry ITI Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that the following criteria are fulfilled to be deemed eligible:
- Candidates must be domiciled in Pondicherry
- Candidates must clear their class 10 or equivalent exam
- Candidates who have cleared their Higher Secondary Exam (HSC) or equivalent are also eligible
- Candidates who have also cleared lower handwriting exam (along with HSC) are eligible to apply
- Candidates have must have studied the following subjects in their qualifying exam: Mathematics, science, English
- Candidates who hold a diploma certificate in any engineering disciple are also eligible to apply.
List of Pondicherry ITI Available Trades/ Courses
Candidates can apply for the following trades or courses under Pondicherry ITI
- Computer Operator & Programming Assistant
- Draughtsman (Civil/Mechanical)
- DTP Operator
- Electronics Mechanic
- Information Communication Technology
- Instrument Mechanic
- Plastic Processing Operator
- Sewing Technology
- System Maintenance
- Travel & Tour Assistant
Pondicherry ITI Admission Application Form
Candidates who are interested to apply can find the application on the official website. The candidates must follow the steps below to ensure that their application is accepted:
- Candidates are required to register themselves on the official website
- Mobile number, email ID and other relevant information must be furnished for the same.
- Login using the provided Login ID and password
- Ensure that the remaining details are entered accurately.
- Candidates must also ensure that they keep scanned copies of their documents ready for upload
- Candidates must cross-verify the information before submission. No second chances will be given to change the details.
- Candidates must take a print out of the application form after submission for future reference.
- Lastly, ensure that the application form is submitted well before the deadline. No applications will be accepted past the deadline.
Pondicherry ITI Admission Application Fee
- Candidates have to pay the prescribed fees, else their application will be rejected.
- The fee amount will vary according to the candidate, it will be updated on the official website when the notification is released.
Pondicherry ITI Merit List 2020
The merit list would be prepared according to the candidates’ marks in their qualifying exam. The process of preparing the merit list and its subsequent release is handled by the directorate commission of Pondicherry ITI. Candidates need to check the merit list for their names, and if successfully selected, they would be required to attend the counselling process.
Pondicherry ITI 2020 Counselling Process
The counselling process is held for the candidates whose names appeared on the merit list. Initially, the candidates would be subjected to document verification, hence, ensure that all the stated documents (in original and copy) are brought to the counselling centre. The date and time of the counselling process would be announced by the institution. The candidates are required to select their course of interest and apply for a seat. Furthermore, two subsequent rounds would be held in the counselling process. Candidates who do not appear for the counselling process would have their candidature cancelled. Hence, candidates have to ensure that they attend the counselling process without fail.
The admission process involves the candidate reporting to the selected institution of their choice. They have to register themselves there and pay the tuition fees before the prescribed deadline. Moreover, candidates may also have to carry certain documents for verification purposes.
Documents Required for Pondicherry ITI Admission
Documents Required during the Counselling Process/Document Verification
- Proof of address
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10 marks card/passing certificate
- Class 12 mark card/passing certificate
- A passport-sized photograph
- Other relevant supporting documents
Government Industrial Training Institute
GITI or the Government Industrial Training Institute is the official body of the Govt. of India that undertakes and oversees the ITI activities in Pondicherry. Moreover, the institute is approved by the Directorate General of Training (DGET) and the National Council on Vocational Training. The institute also provides separate training for men and women under the following institutions:
- Government Industrial Training Institute for Men
- Government Industrial Training Institute for Women
FAQ’s on Pondicherry ITI Admission 2020
Who conducts Pondicherry ITI?
Admissions to Pondicherry ITI courses fall under the purview of the Government Industrial Training Institute, Pondicherry.
What are the educational requirements to be eligible for Pondicherry ITI?
Candidates must clear their class 10 or equivalent exam (OR) Candidates must clear their Higher Secondary Exam (HSC) or equivalent (OR) Candidates must clear lower handwriting exam (along with HSC) (OR) Candidates who hold a diploma certificate in any engineering discipline are also eligible to apply. Lastly, candidates have must have studied the following subjects in their qualifying exam: Mathematics, science, English
Does the candidate have to be domiciled in Pondicherry to be eligible for Pondicherry ITI?
Yes, the candidate needs to be an Indian citizen who is domiciled in Pondicherry.
What is the list of trades available under Pondicherry ITI?
The following trades are available under Pondicherry ITI: Computer Operator & Programming, Assistant, Draughtsman (Civil/Mechanical), DTP Operator, Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Fitter, Information Communication Technology, Instrument Mechanic, Machinist, Mason, Mechanic, Plastic Processing Operator, Plumber, Sewing Technology, System Maintenance, Travel & Tour Assistant, Turner, Welder, Wiremen.