Is Polyester Synthetic or Artificial
Fibres that are made by human beings are called syntheticfibres. Most synthetic fibres are obtained from coal, petroleum, and natural gas. Rayon, nylon, polyester, acrylic, and spandex are examples of synthetic fibres.
Polyester is of different types. The most commonly used polyester is Terylene. It is blended with natural fibres to improve its properties. Terrycot, a blend of Terylene and cotton, has better absorbing power as compared to Terylene. Terylene is blended with wool to make Terrywool, which is warm in addition to all the characteristics observed in polyesters.
- It is strong, lightweight, and has good elasticity.
- It resists wrinkling and springs back into shape when creased.
- Polyester fabrics can be washed and dried easily and quickly.
- Polyester is used for making lightweight sails
- Polyester films (commonly known as Mylar) are used for making magnetic recording tapes in audio cassettes, video cassettes, and floppy disks.
- Terylene is used for making, conveyor belts as it is very elastic.
- Terrycot is commonly used for making shirts, skirts, and other dress materials. Terrywool is used for making formal suits.
People also ask