Ozone Day Slogans: Ozone is a shield that protects the Earth from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It is a gas which is very fragile but helps in the preservation of the Earth. The importance of World Ozone Day lies in the fact that it helps in spreading awareness about the conservation.
The depletion of ozone is a grave issue. The layer gets depleted when heavy chemical compounds are discharged from the industries, including chlorine, bromine, etc. Life on Earth without ozone will be hazardous as the UV rays are disastrous for the skin.
Students can read more Slogans about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Slogans on Ozone Day in English
Every year the day of 16th September is celebrated as the ozone day. As the ozone layer is suffering depletion, the plants and trees are under threat, and the human lungs are susceptible to threat as well.
Slogans are exceptionally good at catching the eye of the targeted audience. Ozone depletion is one such problem that has worried a lot of environmentalists and geographers and demands attention as soon as possible.
15 Unique and Catchy Slogans on Ozone Day
1. Ozone is just like our mother earth. It protects us from the harm, and we should protect it from suffering.
2. The future will go up in smoke in no time if we continue to neglect it. Protect ozone today and save yourself from a doomed future.
3. The ozone layer is just like an umbrella. Umbrella protects us from sun and rain; ozone does from radiation. Please protect it.
4. Let us go hand in hand to stitch up the ozone hole that we have created. If we protect ozone today, it will save Earth tomorrow.
5. When we go out in the sun, we protect our skin with a sunscreen. Ozone is nature’s sunscreen, and we should save it.
6. If there is no ozone, then we will be just like the fried chickens that we love so much. Save the ozone layer.
7. How would you like it to live in a house without a roof? When Earth is our home, ozone is that roof.
8. Did you know that by merely keeping our air conditioners clan we can help save ozone? Every small step counts.
9. If there is no ozone, then the Earth will be a no-entry zone. Save the Earth. Save ozone.
10. When we save ozone, we also save our skin. Neglecting ozone means neglecting the signs for skin cancer.
11. Let us pledge to make the Earth a safe living zone. Protect ozone to make Earth safe.
12. If we let the ozone live, it will make life possible for us too. Go green and save the ozone.
13. When we decide to buy an air conditioner or a refrigerator without CFC, we take one step forward to saving the ozone.
14. The hole in the ozone is a hole in our lives. The UVs seep through it and harms our skin. Stitch the hole and protect the Earth.
15. If we fail to protect ozone today, we will also fail to protect oxygen tomorrow. Are we ready for that disaster yet?
Frequently Asked Questions on Ozone Day Slogans
What is meant by ozone, and what are its uses?
Ozone is a gas that has three atoms of oxygen. In the atmosphere, it is mostly found in the stratosphere layer, and some quantity of it is also present in the lower troposphere. The stratospheric ozone has good purposes as it protects the Earth from the harmful rays of the sun, that is, the UV rays. As the ozone gets closer to the Earth it turns into something more like a pollutant affecting the lungs of the people. This stratospheric ozone is good, but the tropospheric ozone is harmful.
How can we contribute in saving the ozone layer?
We can take simple measures to help in stitching up the ozone layer. We should keep the air conditioners and the refrigerators in our homes clean because if we fail to do so, they release harmful chemicals. In our workplace, we can look at whether the fire extinguishers use halogenated hydrocarbons or not. We can also refrain ourselves from using products of CFCs. We should also stop buying products made by methyl bromide.
What are the reasons for ozone depletion?
There are several reasons for ozone depletion, some natural and some anthropogenic. Substances that are rich in nitrogen are harmful to the ozone. The refrigerators used at home also release CFCs that create holes in the ozone. Natural causes like volcanic eruptions, stratospheric winds, and sun-spots also cause a minimal amount of ozone depletion.