What is a Nativity Certificate?
A nativity certificate is a document issued by the respective state governments certifying that the applicant and/ or their parents and grandparents lived in that particular state. Nativity certificates are required for many purposes – such as claiming reservation for government jobs, educational institutions, or to claim a ration card. Nativity certificates are also needed if an individual wants to claim scholarship schemes provided by their respective state governments.
Difference between Nativity Certificate and Domicile Certificate
Another point to note is the confusion between Nativity Certificate and Domicile Certificate. It is also called a Residence Certificate in some states. In essence, all are one and the same. They serve the same function – which is to certify that an individual and their parents/grandparents lived in a particular state. Moreover, the document is used for all the same purposes as the nativity certificate – such as claiming reservation for a job, or a seat in an educational institution etc. In this article, we shall explore the requirements to obtain a nativity certificate in the state of Karnataka, the application process and other applications for this certificate.
Students can find more about certificates, explore the types used for academic purposes, professional purposes and more.
Eligibility Criteria for Nativity Certificate (Karnataka)
- For applicants who wish to apply for this certificate, they must be a permanent resident of the state of Karnataka for at least 6 years or more from a given date.
- The applicant must also be holding land in the state
Nativity Certificate Required Documents
Please ensure that the following documents are available before applying for the process.
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Birth certificate
- Class 10/ SSLC Certificate
- Parent’s school certificates
- Address proof – (Either a ration card, water bill, electricity bill, or telephone bill)
- Mobile number and email ID is mandatory for online application
- If the applicant has not attained the age of 18, then the nativity certificate of the applicant’s father is mandatory
Application Process for Nativity Certificate (Karnataka)
Applicants are requested to take their time and read through this process before applying. Moreover, ensure that all the details are filled properly and cross-checked before submission. Any inconsistencies in the application form may lead to the rejection of the application. Applicants can either apply online or offline. We shall explore both methods in this article.
Nativity Certificate Offline Application Process
- The applicant will have to visit the Nadakacheri office in their respective taluk. For detailed address, please refer this link – http://www.nadakacheri.karnataka.gov.in/Styles/Documents/NK_address.htm
- Write a written application letter (given below) to the respective address mentioned above and include an attested copy of all the stated documents
- Once the authorities verify the documents submitted by you, they will make entries and provide a record number for reference
- The application will then be verified and scrutinized by the Revenue Inspector and Village administrative officer
- Next, the application will be subjected to a ground level verification for the attached documents as well as the details provided
- Once the verification process is complete, the respective officials shall submit the application to the Tasildaar.
- Depending on the data provided by the officials, the Tasildaar will decide whether to issue the document or not.
- If approved, the Nativity certificate will be sent to the applicant by 7-10 days after verification.
Application letter for Nativity Certificate
Format of application letter for Nativity Certificate
The Tehsildar, and Taluk Executive Magistrate / Relevant Authority
Subject: Application for Issue of Nativity Certificate
Respected Sir/ Madam,
I, ____________ , am a resident of ____________ and I kindly request your consideration and action prompt action for my application:
I am a permanent resident of Karnataka, residing at ____________ since __(By the year of moving or year of birth)____.
I have pursued my primary education at _________ and my father was educated at ____________ . Now he is currently ___________________
I require this certificate for the purpose of _________________ only. I kindly request you to acknowledge and take prompt action for my application.
Nativity Certificate Online Application Process
- Applicants are required to visit Nadakacheri – Atalji Janasnehi Kendra’s official website at https://nadakacheri.karnataka.gov.in/ajsk
- Click on the “Apply Online” under the “Online Application” link from the home page
- Next, click on the “New Request” option from the menu and select “Domicile/ Residence Certificate”
- Applicants are required to select their respective regional language on the next page
- The next page will require the applicant to fill their respective details
- Enter your details and upload the required documents
- The next step will require you to enter your payment details (either through credit card/ debit card/ netbanking)
- Select your payment option and proceed with the payment.
- After the payment has been processed, you will receive an acknowledgment for the same.
- You would also receive an email and sms confirmation stating the same.
- Please ensure that you safeguard these details for future correspondence
- If the approval is granted after due verification, the applicant will receive their certificate after 7-10 days.
Nativity Certificate Validity
The validity of the certificate, once issued, is life long.
FAQs on Nativity Certificate
What is a Nativity certificate?
A Nativity certificate is a legal document issued by state governments certifying that the applicant and/ or their parents and grandparents lived in that particular state for a specific duration.
What is the purpose of a Nativity certificate?
Nativity certificates are needed for claiming special reservations or other government-aids such as reservation for government jobs, seats in top-tier educational institutions, as well as particular scholarship schemes.
What is the difference between a Nativity Certificate and a Domicile Certificate?
Nativity Certificate and Domicile Certificate are one and the same. I.E., it is a document certifying that an individual and their parents/grandparents lived in a particular state. It is also called the Residence Certificate in some states.
How do I apply for a nativity certificate online in Karnataka online?
Applicants must visit Nadakacheri – Atalji Janasnehi Kendra’s official website at https://nadakacheri.karnataka.gov.in/ajsk and click “Apply Online”. From there, they must follow the instructions presented on-screen.