Migration Certificate: A migration certificate is a document provided by the School/College/University to the students so that they can get admissions into other institutions. The school or college officials are responsible to give the migration certificate along with necessary documents (like marksheets, transfer certificate, character certificate, etc.) to the students. These documents help students to get admission anywhere in the country without any objection.
The education board from where students have completed their course has to issue the migration and other important certificates. There are many education boards in India such as CBSE, ICSE and the State Boards (for each state). All these boards provide the relevant documents related to courses that students have completed.
Usually, when a student has completed his/her Class 10th or Class 12th, they tend to change their institution to get admission for another course. After 10th students usually try to attempt for Diploma courses and after 12th they proceed to get admission in colleges or universities to become a graduate.
The admission to higher courses in any institution is possible only if the candidates fulfill the criteria as stipulated by the particular school or college. They should score the cut-off marks in Class 10th and Class 12th. During the time of admission, the education institution demands marksheets, transfer certificate, migration certificate and character certificate.
Students can find more about certificates, explore the types used for academic purposes, professional purposes and more.
Sometimes, when the students are in school but since they need to move to another city and get admission to that school (another board), then also they will require the transfer and migration certificate from the school authority. These documents should have the signature of the school’s Principal, compulsorily.
How to Download a Migration Certificate?
The migration certificates are usually provided by the school or college authority in their premises. Students have to go to the respective office and get certificates. But some boards are also providing the migration certificate online in their respective website (in pdf format). These documents can be downloaded easily and they need to be filled with the required information. After completing the form students should get the signature from the respective authority.
Here we have provided the details of downloading the ICSE Migration certificate from its website in a step by step procedure.
- To facilitate the availability to the candidates, the issuance of the Migrations certificate has been decentralised by the Office of the Council.
- The school Heads or authority can place a bulk order to the ICSE board to get the MIgration certificate for the students who have qualified the exams and need the certificates to get the admission in higher-level courses.
- The fee to get a Migration certificate is Rs.150. The fees should be submitted online to the council of the Board. After receiving the payment, the council will dispatch the certificates from the Council’s Kolkata office to the Heads of Schools, by Registered post.
- It should be kept safe under the School authority or management to provide it securely to the students
- The school heads who are responsible to provide the certificates should make sure that it is given to the successful candidates only (who have passed their exams)
- Also, it should be duly signed by the School principal before it is presented to the students
- A record of successful distribution of migration certificates should be maintained in the school
FAQ’s on Migration Certificate
What is a migration certificate?
A migration certificate is a document provided by the School/College/University to the students so that they can get admissions into other institutions. The school or college officials are responsible to give the migration certificate along with necessary documents.
How to get the migration certificate?
After the successful completion of the Class 12th exam, students have to get a migration certificate to get admissions to other educational institutions. To get a migration certificate, students should apply to the current education board (State board/CBSE/ICSE) along with the attached marksheet and school leaving certificate. Also, they have to pay the required fees. The council of the board will dispatch the certificate to the School’s address from where you can collect the migration certificate, duly signed by the Principal.
Is a migration certificate necessary?
To get admission into another educational institute, a migration certificate is mandatory.
When a migration certificate is required?
A migration certificate is necessary when school students have passed their class 12th exam successfully and he/she needs to get admission to college or university to seek graduation courses.
What is the difference between a migration certificate and a school leaving certificate?
A school leaving certificate is required when a student is transferred to another school of the same board, due to certain conditions. But a migration certificate is required when students seek admission to another board.