Cold Water Intake Pros and Cons: We all know the potential benefits of drinking water and not sure on the ideal temperature to drink it. However, people often tend to overlook drinking water as a daily routine resulting in many health problems. Keeping that mind we have come up with the article that outlines the potential benefits and risks associated with drinking cold water. Go through the entire article and decide if it is good for you or not and drink accordingly. Without any further delay let’s dive into the article.
Is getting in really cold water good for you?
As per ayurvedic traditions it is believed that drinking cold water can cause imbalance in the body resulting in a slower digestion process. Most of them even believes that cold water intake can cause long term health issues. Taking too much cold water can result in stomach contractions making it difficult to digest after a meal. We shall discuss the risks and benefits of drinking cold water in the following sections.
Benefits of drinking cold water
There are numerous benefits of having cold water and we tried to explain all of them in the below sections. Without ay further delay go through them and become familiar with advantages of having chilled water.
- Maintains Body Temperature After Workout: Consuming cold water after a heavy workout session will keep your body from overheating. Intake of cold water will help your body in detoxification as well as to maintain lower core temperature.
- Provides Energy: You can have increased energy throughout the day and stay away from fatigue.
Relieves Tonsillitis Symptoms: Drinking chilled water will help you relieve the symptoms of tonsillitis temporarily like throat pain and discomfort. Even after the tonsillitis surgery you can relief from the pain.
- Helps you with Acidity: Consuming cold water will help you in gastroesophageal reflux disease and other gastrointestinal (GI) problems like acid reflux. However, it cannot address the root cause of acidity.
- Promotes Energy Expenditure in Overweight Children: Drinking water will help to improve the process of digestion. Taking cold water in overweight children will result in excessive energy expenditure leading to weight loss. However, there isn’t any proven fact to aid weight loss but speed ups the process.
Risks of drinking cold water
Cold water intake has got its own set of disadvantages and we will highlight them here for your knowledge. It has got a huge impact on the digestive system as it contracts and shrinks. Consuming cold water will need your body to spend more energy inorder to warm up the cool foods and liquids. All this could result in constipation, and other digestive issues.
Taking chilled water will make the stomach and abdominal cramps feel worse. As the abdomen contracts and stiffens you might severe pain around the stomach area. Some people might even experience sore throat or cold. However, there is no proven facts for these claims.
Which body parts can be affected by cold water?
Consuming cold water can affect body parts like teeth, respiratory system, nervous system, immune system, digestive system, stomach and heart.
- Heart diseases: Drinking cold water will lower the heart rates compared to drinking normal room temperature water.
- Throat and Respiratory Issues: You might experience thicker mucus on drinking cold water resulting in respiratory distress. Drinking cold water even results in difficulty white swallowing and chest pain.
- Brain and Nervous System: The ones suffering from heat exhaustion when drank cold water can lose consciousness. Drinking cold water can even cause sudden headaches.
- Immune System: In extreme cases where the person is already exposed to wet and cold condition having cold water can lead the body to cold stress. This even reduces lower blood cells count.
Which is better, drinking hot or cold water?
Drinking hot and cold water has got its own pros and cons. However, drinking warm water can aid in digestion, circulation, and to get rid of toxins faster. Having warm water makes you less thirsty. However, this can be a problem especially when your body is trying to lose water via sweat.
On the other hand having cold water will keep your body from overheating and maintains lower core temperature. It is not a risk and it’s your choice on how you would like to have water into your body be it cold or hot.
To know more about articles on Pros and Cons refer to the quick link over here and get knowledge on various topics.
FAQs on Pros and Cons of Cold Water Intake
1. Is drinking cold water bad for your heart?
Drinking cold water can impact the veins and even increases the risk of heart attack.
2. What are the side effects of drinking cold water in the morning?
One of the serious side effects of drinking chilled water in the morning is its impact on your digestive system.
3. List out the benefits of drinking cold water for skin?
Drinking cold water will help tighten the skin pores, promotes pH levels and makes you feel look refreshed.
4. Does drinking cold water increase weight?
No, having ice water will not increase weight and turn helps you reduce or lose weight.
We as a team believe that the information prevailing on our page regarding Cold water intake pros and cons has been beneficial to you. If you need assistance on the potential advantages and disadvantages of consuming cold water feel free to reach us via comment section. Bookmark our site for more articles on pros and cons of various topics all in one place.