Article on Female Foeticide: It is the process of abortion to terminate a female fetus from the mother’s womb. It happens before taking birth, after the sex recognition tests like an ultrasound scan. The practice of any sex determination is prohibited or illegal in India. It is an awful practice or shamed those parents who were abortion the girl child. It unbalanced the sex ratio of a particular state or country.
You can read more Article Writing about people, sports, technology many more.
Long and Short Articles on Article on Female Foeticide for Students and Children in English
The short article on Female Foeticide is helpful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. The long article on Female Foeticide is useful for students of classes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 12 and those preparing for competitive exams.
Short Article on Female Foeticide for Classes 1, 2, 3 and Kids
Female foeticide is unethical & illegal practice in India. It is a practice by the families who are despairing for a baby boy. There are various other reasons for female foeticide like social, religion, financial, and emotional. One of the many reasons behind this is the regressive thinking of the people that the son will earn while the girls will only consume. It has been the most important topic for social awareness in Indian society. Which youth of our country must know about it. We must empower our young girls to emphasize their rights diligently.
Long Article on Female Foeticide for Classes 4 and 5 Children
To spread awareness or enhance writing skills and knowledge of the students, a teacher must assign this topic to write a paragraph or a complete essay in the classroom during an exam or in any essay competition organized by the school. Furthermore, the government must ban the availability of sex determination medical equipment. Those who found guilty they must be jail and also terminate their license. And those parents were aimed to do so must be penalized heavily. All of the people must be made aware of this unethical practice at all levels.
It is evident by now that female foeticide is a crime as a significant social disaster. After recognizing the reasons behind this unethical practice, we must strive to eradicate it. Firstly, the predetermination of sex is a significant cause of this crime. Hence, the determination of the sex of the fetus must be made strictly illegal without any corruption. Also, we have to work on some social causes related to enhance this evil and resolved. We must aware our people to know this is the reality that NO PRESENT, NO PAST, NO FUTURE WITHOUT GIRL CHILD. Female foeticide is suicide. So, save the girl child and secure our future.
Long Article on Female Foeticide for Classes 6, 7 & 8 Students
The term FOETICIDE means killing the FOETUS in the mother’s womb. Female foeticide is a practice that removes the female fetus after 18 weeks of growth in the uterus. It is a very regressive and shameful practice that is still happening in many parts of the world. In India, the girl is worshipped as ‘Devi’ on the other hand, denying her existence, or we can say they don’t have the right to live. The time has perhaps come to get rid of male chauvinism and treat children as a gift of nature.
There are many reasons and beliefs that are ongoing in some families. Some main reasons for female foeticide are:
- Firstly a major social evil of dowry makes people commit to this crime. There is a long practice of dowry burdens the parents from the day a girl is born.
- This is a pride issue in society for the guardian to have a boy in the family.
- There is a stress on women of the family to give birth to a male child, so she is forced to go for sex recognition and abort if the baby is a girl.
- Science and Technological advancement and utilities this straightforward task for parents.
- Some doctors do this heinous act for money.
- Women are viewed as liabilities.
- Illiteracy, insecurity, and poverty in society are significant reasons for this act.
It is said that God creates mother’s because he couldn’t present everywhere. But it is unbelievable to realise God’s representative is continuously killing someone beautiful even before she comes out and see the beauty of nature. The government made many slogans to stop female foeticide like.
- Save the girl save the nation!
- Beti Bachao Beti padho!
- Our daughter is a knot that ties the family together!
- Female foeticide is a crime.
- When a fetus of a female is killed, it is anti-life; stop female foeticide!
- Say no to female foeticide!
Long Article on Female Foeticide for Classes 9, 10, 11, 12, and Competitive Exam Students
The practice of female foeticide is vital in the early of 1990’s when the Ultrasound technique was invented to check the health of the baby inside the mother’s womb, especially knowing the genetic disorder, and this technique was being used for this crime. The misconceptions of Indian patriarchal society have a male child, particularly in the family. This leads to the enhancement of this crime. Some adverse effects of this practice are shown as;
- Decrease the female’s population, which imbalance the sex ratio.
- Women are abused and sexually exploited in the society.
- It Leads to women trafficking.
- Also, adverse effects on women’s health physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- The suicide rate in women will increase.
- Due to a decline in sex ratio, women are kidnapped, brought, and sold for marriage.
The most preventive act against this crime is The PARENTAL DIAGNOSTIC TEST Act (PNDT Act) of 1994, which states that
- This act was brought in the year 1994 in all states of India but came into force in 1996.
- According to this act, prenatal diagnostic techniques are prohibited and regulated.
- PNDT Act was amended in the year 2003 with its main aim to ban the use of sex selection techniques as well as misuse of prenatal diagnostic techniques for sex selecting abortion.
Some magnitude estimation regarding female foeticide;
- In June 2007, a doctor was arrested for illegal practice of aborting 260 female fetuses after police recovered bones and skulls from a septic tank in a maternity clinic in New Delhi.
- June 23, in the year 2007, Nayagarh District (Odessa)police had discovered 40 dead female infant in a dry well near a private clinic.
- MacPherson estimate that 100,000 abortion every year to be performed in India solely because the fetus is female.
- In 2010, the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) reported approximately 100 male and female infanticide, producing an official rate of less than one infanticide per million people.
Only legislation enacted in this behalf is not sufficient. Orthodox views regarding women must need to be changed. The PNDT act should penalize and punish the violators for this crime strictly. The destructive act of female foeticide and coercive abortions has to end before women become endangered species. We must give equal opportunities to the daughters of our country. Girls do not have equal access to healthcare education and more as their boys counterpart. This is why parents consider them a burden. Therefore, all these facilities must be made accessible to them for the same. This will help them create an identity of their own.
FAQ’s on Article on Female Foeticide
What is female foeticide?
The termination of a female fetus from the mother’s womb during the gestation period after sex determination is called female foeticide.
When did the practice of female foeticide become crucial?
The practice of female foeticide is crucial in the early 1990’s, when the Ultrasound technique was invented to know the baby’s underlying health inside the mother’s womb, especially knowing the genetic disorder. But unfortunately, this technique was being used for this crime.
What measures taken when someone found guilty?
Those who found guilty they must be jail and also terminate their license. And also, those parents who were aimed to do so must be penalized heavily.
Why are Indian families despairing for a baby boy, not a baby girl?
There are many reasons and beliefs circulates in Indian society especially in favor of a boy child some are;
- There is a prestige issue in the society of parents and grandparents to have a boy child.
- A major social evil of dowry makes people committed to this crime.
- Women are viewed as liabilities. The related thoughts are girls are always consumers while boys are the producer.
- Illiteracy, poverty, and insecurity of people in society are the reason for a baby girl child.
What is the PNDT Act?
The PREVENTION AND DIAGNOSTIC Act is the most preventive action taken against female foeticide. It was enacted in 1994 and come into force in 1996. By this act, prenatal diagnostic techniques are prohibited and regulated. It was amended in 2003 to aim to ban the use of sex determination techniques and misuse of prenatal diagnostic techniques.