Online Classes is a form of distance learning which takes place across the internet. It is also known as Online learning or digital learning or e-learning. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, education departments decided to initiate remote learning ie., online classes for students’ future. Replacement of traditional learning with online learning can show different advantages and disadvantages for students, teachers, and even education industries. So, make use of this guide and check the Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Classes through prevailing free accessible links.
What is Online Learning? Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Classes 2022
Everyone right from parents, teaching staff, students, and education authorities is in dilemma about offering online classes for primary to high school standards. They have a lot of queries in their minds like how online learning is a great, revolutionary alternative to traditional training and many others. To avoid all such questions, we have come up with this ultimate solution ie., carefully weigh its advantages(pros) and disadvantages(cons). Benefits & Limitations of Online Classes can be reviewed from here.
- Advantages of Online Classes
- Disadvantages of Online Classes/e-learning
- Comparison Table for Advantages & Disadvantages of Online Learning/Classes
- FAQs on Pros & Cons of Online Classes for Students
Here are a few online classes /learning advantages that can help students & parents:
- Less in cost: The best part of this online learning is it is much more affordable compared to old-fashioned learning. In digital classes, parents are free to buy uniforms or spend travelling expenses and can save extra money. Due to this advantage of online education, economically weaker students can fulfill their dreams. You should pay for university credits and save a lot of money with digital classes.
- Time-Saving: In online classes, there is no commute included as a student can learn and get a degree while sitting at the comfort of their home.
- Tech-savvy: As you are using technology for learning so you can become tech-savvy by digital learnings. Yet, this is a good thing as in today’s age of technology most of the jobs require tech-savvy employees.
- Easy attendance: Students can give their attendance right from the comfort of their homes. So they can attend all online classes without any absence.
- Self-paced: Digital learning is often self-paced where you can do your work in your own time, unlike traditional classes. If there are no teachers, so you can easily take your own leisure time in finishing your work.
- Less competition & Less intensity: As you see there can be less intense and less competition in online learning compared to traditional classes. You have to memorize that the low level of competition makes students less stressed and more relaxed.
- Improves time management: A student has to learn how to manage their time efficiently. Digital classes make this possible as there are no teachers to guide the students physically in doing their work. This independence allows students to grow and improve their time management abilities.
- More accessible: Location-wise digital education is much more accessible. If a student wants to study at a particular university from another country or region but cannot travel due to financial issues or some restrictions, then through digital education a student can get a degree from that particular university without having to travel.
Are you waiting to read what are the disadvantages of online classes? Then here comes the list of online learning cons or limitations of digital learning:
- Lose Concentration: Without having proper care for students while online lasses by teachers they can easily lose focus on studies. Also, virtual classes can be done through phone or laptop gadgets where students can easily move to games or videos or youtube for entertainment. This completely makes them go off track from subject studies.
- Health Issues: Many parents are worried about their child’s health as it is unhealthy to sit for hours in front of a computer screen. Looking at the screen for too long can also damage their eyesight. Not only that, back problems due to incorrect sitting positions may arise.
- Expensive: We know that you have been confused after seeing this disadvantage. As we have said earlier that it is less in cost but it is also expensive for economically weaker students. Parents who are jobless due to covid can not afford smartphones or computers for students’ online learnings. In such cases, digital learning may be accessible but it’s not readily affordable.
- Lack of socializing skills: As there is no socializing included in digital learning several students who study through digital mode can not acquire socializing skills. Also, it may lead to a decrease in the cooperative skills of a student.
- Isolation: While digital education has its perks many students feel a sense of isolation and become depressed. This is due to little to no human contact and socializing with peers. Both students and teachers alike are prone to loneliness in virtual learning.
- Limited: Digital learning does not apply to all disciplines and subjects. Areas that require practicals like engineering, medical science, and other STEM subjects cannot be implemented fully with digital classes. Moreover, some practicals cannot be learned virtually.
- Lack of Good Internet connection: As we all know that online classes/learning are more flexible and accessible from anywhere conveniently with the help of a good internet connection. If you are failed to connect your phone or computer with good internet connectivity then you may miss a lot of important stuff because of buffering. Also, for a good internet connection parents need to spend money on a monthly or yearly basis which is a disadvantage for poor and middle-class families.
- Prevention of cheating is difficult: Unlike traditional learning where teachers can personally monitor students. Digital Online Classes make it quite difficult for teachers to assess their students during exams. The teachers will have no idea if students cheat on the test or not as they are not physically there to assess them.
|Increased convenience and flexibility||Lack of practice-based learning|
|Builds confidence in a child||Difficulty in adapting|
|Improved employee knowledge||Less personal|
|Ease of content update||Too much time spent in front of a computer screen may be harmful|
|Interactive session||Not easily accessible|
|Reduced costs||Not suitable for every topic|
|A huge variety of options||Reliance on technology|
|Less Intensity||Excess exposure to screen time|
|The comfort of your Home||Requires self-discipline and time management skills Diminished social interaction|
|Easier Attendance||Lack of trust between teacher and students|
To share the advantages and disadvantages of online classes during lockdown with friends and others, we have also given a shareable image of online classes’ pros & cons in png format.
Exploring more topics related to advantages and disadvantages is the perfect way to gain general knowledge. So, take a look at the available link and discover various pros and cons topics right from general awareness to international competitive exams within no time.
- How do online classes help students?
Students can discover various reasons why online classes/learning is the future of Education. As they are mentioned here:
- It’s flexible and easily accessible
- It’s more cost-effective than traditional education
- It offers a wide selection of programs
- Doesn’t require any traveling
- Self-paced coursework
- It builds confidence in students
- Why are online classes important?
With the rise of the Internet and covid crisis, government & education authorities decided to conduct online classes for students. Nowadays, online classes became very important as they are the future of learning, break barriers, more economical, time-saving, several opportunities, and many others.
- How can online classes be developed?
As you have already grabbed enough knowledge about online classes. Online classes are more flexible, time-saving, economical, and what not? So, one can imagine the scope of improvement in online classes and e-learning. By following some of these below changes, online classes can be developed more in the future. They are as such:
- By making classes more interactive
- By making students more vigilant towards rules
- By asking students/teachers for feedback
- By making technology more accessible