10 Lines on Republic Day of India: The story of the Indian Independence movement is one that is remembered across the country even after six decades and will be remembered as long as the republic of India exists. The bravery, valour, courage and self-sacrifice of our freedom fighters stands as a testimony for the values that India represents on the international platform. The Republic Day of India holds a special place in the democratic process of the country.
In this particular article on 10 lines on Republic Day of India, we shall be talking about various aspects of the republic day of India and answer questions such as when is Republic Day of India celebrated, what is the history of Republic Day of India, what is the significance of Republic Day of India, why is Republic Day of India celebrated and why is Republic Day important for the country.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Republic Day of India for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Republic Day of India is celebrated on the 26th of January every year.
- It is one of the three national festivals of India.
- Given the nationalistic and patriotic fervour in the country in recent years, Republic Day holds a lot of significance in keeping India together.
- India is a diverse country with 9 religion, more than 20 languages spread across the length and breadth of the country and national holidays such as Republic Day and Independence Day brings people together.
- The constitution of India formally came into force on Republic day in the year 1950.
- The constitution of India is what makes India the world’s largest democracy.
- Republic Day is celebrated across all schools, colleges and universities in India.
- Parade, dance music and dramas with a patriotic theme are conducted across the country on the 26th of January.
- Republic Day of India also stands as a testimony for our freedom fighters and their sacrifices.
- India has one of the longest constitutions in the world.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Republic Day of India for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Dr Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar is known as the father of the Indian Constitution.
- It took more than three years for the lawyers, politicians and experts in India to prepare the Indian Constitution.
- Indian Constitution is an amalgamation of the best of the constitutions around the world such as the Russian constitution, the British constitution and the American constitution.
- While India got independence on the 15th of August 1947, Constitution and its values came into force on 26th January 1950.
- Dr Rajendra Prasad was the first president of India.
- Republic Day is usually celebrated with patriotic activities across universities, colleges and governmental institutions.
- BR Ambedkar was the chairman of the drafting committee of the Indian constitution which was formed on 29th of August 1947.
- Freedom, equality, brotherhood, unity, fraternity and liberty are some of the core values that are present in the constitution of India.
- The constitution of India and empowers by providing fundamental rights to its citizens
- The official closing ceremony of the Republic Day celebrations known as beating retreat which is on the 29th of November.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Republic Day of India for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- After being under British rule for more than two centuries, India gained independence in the year 1947.
- Approximately three years after India’s Independence, the Indian constitution was adopted on 26th of January 1950 which is known as the Republic Day of India.
- In the year 1930 on 26th of January, Purna Swaraj day or India’s Independence day was celebrated and this day gave an impetus to Indian Independence movement.
- The constitution of India is one of the longest in the world and is written in two languages, English and Hindi, both of which are handwritten.
- It took almost 2 years 11 months in 18 days to draft the Indian Constitution.
- Dr BR Ambedkar is known as the father of Indian constitution and he travelled around the world to gain insights from the constitution of Japan, Russia, America, Germany and British.
- The original copy of the Indian constitution, which was handwritten by Prem Behari Narain Raizada is present at the library of the Parliament House of India.
- Republic Day is celebrated as a three-day festival around the world starting from 26th to 29th of January with the beating retreat ceremony.
- The first chief guest of India’s first Republic Day parade was the president and head of the state of Indonesia, President Sukarno.
- The first chief guest who attended the Rajpath parade in the year 1955 under the prime ministership of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was the third governor-general of Pakisthan, Malik Ghulam Muhammad.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Republic Day of India
What is the significance of Republic Day of India?
Republic Day of India celebrated to honour the constitution of India which came into effect on 26th of January 1950 after over 200 years of British rule
When was Republic Day First celebrated?
Republic Day was celebrated as Purna Swaraj Divas on January 26th of the year 1930
How is Republic Day of India celebrated?
Republic Day of India is celebrated with flag hoisting ceremonies, distribution of sweets in schools, patriotic activities such as debates, cultural dances and speeches across universities, schools, colleges and governmental institutions
When was the constitution of India adopted?
Constitution of India was formally adopted on 26th of January in the year 1950, which is known as the Republic Day of India.