Types Of Nuts: Nuts are the most versatile dry fruits. There are more than 30 types of nuts that are popular and have high nutritional content. Nuts are a fantastic source of healthy fat, vitamin E, fiber, folate, and proteins. Many studies show that there are plenty of health benefits of consuming nuts. The most known health benefit of nuts is that they remove bad cholesterol from the body and helps keep your heart healthy. Did you know nuts are helpful in weight loss even though they are high in calories? Nuts are tasty and are a part of any diet. It suits the vegan as well as the keto diet. Consuming nuts every day can make you fit and strong.
Develop Verbal Skills among kids by exploring more Picture Dictionary Ideas through the visual techniques and interactive approaches used.
Please read the article further to know about nuts, their types, and their uncountable benefits.
Health Benefits Of Nuts
Excellent source of nutrients
Nuts are an excellent source of protein and are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, phosphorus, calories, fats, and more. For example, Brazilian nuts are famous for selenium. One bowl of nuts which is almost 28 ounces, contains all the essential nutrients that are important for the body. It can provide a 100% intake of RDI (reference daily Intake). On the other hand, cashews offer 8% of digestible carbs per serving. Thus, even if you are on a low-carb diet, to nuts prove to be a great food to consume regularly.
Helps in weight loss
I know you will be surprised to know that this high-calorie food can be an excellent source for weight loss. But, nuts like almonds and pistachios both indeed prove to be very helpful in weight loss. Studies clearly show that an overweight individual can lose much more weight than a dieting person or the one who is working hard at the gym. Studies also show that nuts have unsaturated fats that do not increase weight, especially when you eat nuts regularly.
Improves Heart Health and reduces bad cholesterol
Nuts are low in carbs that help to keep the heart-healthy. Consuming nuts allows your heart to work properly and reduces the chances of coronary heart diseases. It helps in controlling blood pressure and keeps diabetes regular. Hazelnuts and Almonds help improve the good cholesterol in the body. Pine nuts, walnuts, and peanuts have the capability of reducing bad cholesterol from the body.
Have anti-inflammatory properties
Eating nuts will help your body to recover from injuries and have anti-inflammatory properties. It helps keep the body safe from allergies and makes the immune system strong, especially for people suffering from diabetes and kidney problems.
Types Of Nuts
There are a variety of nuts shelled, unshelled, and fumigated. A few authentic nuts are
- Chestnut: is an edible nut available in three primary varieties European, Japanese, and Chinese nuts. It is further capable of maintaining heart health. Chestnuts are from the beech family and are a good source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Pine nuts: The buttery-flavoured nuts have a rich flavour and are also popular as Italian Pesto. Growing these nuts involves intensive labour. Pine nuts have high-fat content and must be eaten in limits. They are similar to cashew nuts, and you can easily store them in the freezer.
- Macadamia nuts: These nuts are grown after they drop to the ground. It is native to Australia and is also grown in Hawaii. It is rich in minerals, fibres, vitamins and has antioxidants that help the body fight diseases. Macadamia nuts also help to maintain your heart health. Cookies and chocolates are made using this nut.
- Hazelnut: Hazelnut comes from the hazel fruit, which is brown. Eating a hazelnut every day helps you stay fit and healthy always without increasing calories in the body. You can consume hazelnut to reduce body weight and also to increase metabolism. Twenty nuts in a day will keep you fit. It is used in making ice creams, chocolates, desserts, and more.
Nuts Rich in Fatty Acids (Culinary Nuts)
A few nuts rich in fatty acids are generally known as culinary nuts.
- Brazilian nuts: These nuts are grown in amazon and are rich sources of monounsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants, and polyunsaturated acids. Brazil nuts have high nutritional content that supports the heart and helps the brain to function well. Consuming it like this or roasting it can help improve the thyroid. Every 100 gram of Brazil nuts has 53 mg of magnesium. Brazil nuts have the highest source of selenium in them.
- Almonds: almonds are a rich source of fibre, vitamin E, minerals, and protein. Eating almonds every day helps keep the heart, brain, and muscles strong. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves blood sugar levels. Almonds help reduce weight as well as when taken with bananas and milk, which helps increase weight also. One hundred grams of Almonds have 579 calories, carbs 21.55 grams, protein 21.15 g, fats 49.93 g, and fiber 12.50 g.
- Cashews: these are grown in dry and wet climates. You will find the world’s best cashews from Brazil, East Asia, India, Vietnam, and Africa. The outer shell is removed, and then the nut is consumed. It grows on trees and can be eaten raw or by roasting. It helps improve joint pains, improves flexibility, improves the skin, and helps make the bones strong. Cashews are highly versatile and are used in desserts, ice-creams, and even in salads and food. A 100 grams of cashews has 553 g of calories, carbs 30.19 g, fat 43.85 g, fiber 3.30 g, and 18.22 grams of protein.
- Pistachios: The United States and Mexico are known to produce maximum Pistachios in the world. This dry fruit is grown on trees in the desert-like sand. The dry fruit is used in making desserts, puddings, cakes, food, ice-creams, and salads. Thus, most parts of Syria, Turkey, Italy, and Afghanistan are famous in producing pistachios. Pistachios are high in fiber, protein, and vitamins. Every 100 gram of pasta has 560 g of calories, 20.16 g of protein, carbs of 27.71 g, fiber 10.60 g, and fats of 45.32 grams.
- Walnuts: This dry fruit has a shape like the human brain. Thus, it helps to keep the brain sharp and strong. It is rich in omega-3 and antioxidants. You can eat it raw. Walnut is grown vastly in China, Turkey, the USA, Ukraine, and Mexico. One hundred grams of walnuts contains maximum calories of 654 grams, protein 15.23 g, carbs 13.71 g, fats 65.21 g, and 6.7 g of fibre. It is high in potassium 441 mg and high in phosphorus of 346 mg.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are legumes that help lower the risk of strokes and heart diseases and improve the body’s cholesterol. Peanuts are grown vastly in warm places like Asia and America. Peanuts grow in the soil, and the farmers first wash them, dry them and then roast them to sell in the market. Raw peanuts are popularly helpful in making chutneys and butter. Peanuts are also known to be used in making ice creams and chocolates. Indian food also contains peanuts, especially food prepared in South India. Every 100 grams of peanuts has 567 calories, 49.24 g fat, carbs 16.13 g, and protein 25.80 grams.
- Pecans: Pecans are similar to walnuts. These nuts also grow on trees known as hickory trees. Pecan is a rich source of fat and is used to make pies and butter. Pecan candies, chocolates and chicken are also very famous. Pecans are grown in North America and different parts of the country. It is also grown in Mexico. There is 71.97 g of fat, 13.86 g of carbs, and 9.17 g of protein in every 100 grams of Pecan.
- Marcona Almonds: Marcona almonds are different from other varieties of almonds. They have high nutritional content as they are rich in magnesium, potassium, iron, and fiber. These are sweeter and have a buttery flavor. The delicate aroma makes them taste great and thus are used more in baked foods. Marcona Almonds are considered the queen of almonds. They are grown in Spain and have high-fat content. There is 26.8 g of protein in every 100 grams of almonds.
How Can You Add Nuts Into Your Diet?
Eating nuts raw is the best way to consume their maximum benefits. But you need to know which time of the day is the best to have nuts. They have high-calorie content. Thus, you can have it as a snack but in limited quantities. A handful of almonds or pistachios are great regularly.
Today there are different forms of milk available in the market, which have made life easier. You can consume almond milk, cashew milk, pasta milk, and hazelnut milk straight away. Consuming nuts with milk also works great for those who are into the habit of going to the gym and working out regularly.
You can consume nuts in smoothies, butter by adding it to a salad, and low sugar desserts.
Conclusion on Types of Nuts
Nuts are highly versatile as they are nutritious, wholesome, and fit perfectly in every diet. Though they have a high-fat content, they have plenty of health benefits. They contain antioxidants that help protect the body from cell damage. The dry fruit is known all over the world. Nuts are edible seeds that are used in making unique dishes, sweets, and even medicines. Consuming it regularly will help you stay fit and healthy.