Types Of Houses: A House is a place which you build with love and care. It’s a place that makes you feel at ease. A building in which you share all your happiness and moments of togetherness with your family and loved ones. Home is the space that gives you your identity and a feeling of belongingness. It also gives security and a feeling of privacy. There are basically 5 types of houses that are very common: single, condo, multi-family, townhouse, co-op, and more.
Develop Verbal Skills among kids by exploring more Picture Dictionary Ideas through the visual techniques and interactive approaches used.
Everyone has a picture of a dream house in their minds. To make things more clear and to help you buy the house of your dreams read the article below. It will help you know about different types of houses.
- Basic Types Of Houses
- Different Types Of Houses Based On Structures
- Different Types Of Houses Influenced By The Structure Present In The 1600s
- Colonial Homes
- Conclusion on Types Of Houses
There are more than 20 different types of houses. Are you planning to buy a house for investment purposes, or are they buying it for the first time? It totally depends on the buyer and his/her preferences.
- Tent: it is made with canvas and cloth material. Usually, it is a house that stays at a place as it is attached to poles and ropes. People who keep traveling from one place to the other set up a tent for a few days and live in it. Banjaras and nomads live in such houses which is not permanent.
- Igloo: a house made up of blocks of snow. The house has a dome shape and Eskimo and Inuit live in such houses. You can say it is a type of hut built entirely of snow in a few parts of Greenland and Canada.
- Cottage: the cottage is a small house that looks again like a hut but is made of a single story. It is a house made by farmers usually where only one small family can dwell. People living in the villages and the countryside. This house is either made of bricks, timber and even large stones.
- Bungalow: Bungalows are not very houses that look like huts from outside as they have sloped roofs. Generally, a bungalow is a single storied house but few prefer buying bungalows with one story at least. These are not lavish houses but have a small garden area and a parking area that makes them look great.
- Caravans: a house on wheels is a caravan or a camper van. It is also called a moving van as it looks like a small bus. The word caravan is derived from the word meaning group of travellers. It is usually a large group of people who keep moving from one place to another. They love traveling and going on road trips.
- Villa: villa is a one-level lavish house with a huge garden and patio. Villas are houses that are owned by millionaires which are usually in the outskirts of the main city. A single-family owns a villa.
- Apartment: An apartment or is a building that people cannot buy but take on rent. A few apartments are tall buildings that have many flats in them. It is basically a residential unit inside a building with a large parking space. Most apartments have a garden, swings for kids and a walking area for people to have a nice walk. It is a house for people who live there and can even be called a condominium. As owners give their units to others who want them. In an apartment repair and maintenance are taken care of but you do not have the right of ownership until the owner wants to sell it. There is less flexibility in an apartment and there is interference from the owner of the building.
- Condominium: For all those who want to own an apartment, and want homeownership then a condo is best for you. It is a residential building that looks like an apartment but all the repairs and maintenance are on the buyer and not the owner of the building. When you buy the condo there is no interference from the owner of the building. It is perfect for a single-family.
- Single-family home: a home that is detached from the other houses based in the society is a detached single-family home. These types of homes are common in the U.S. as the homes are detached, there is high privacy and you are responsible for the repair, maintenance of the house. The area where you will find single-family homes is less populated and based in the suburbs. The buyers of a detached home are free to do anything in and around the house and its campus.
- Co-op: co-op can be a cooperative society, a farm, a building, and a shop. When you buy a co-op then you do not own the whole society but a part of it. The property is of the company itself and not the buyer of a part of the property. You can buy it but you will have to bear the maintenance cost, and share the common space like parking, garden with others living in the society. Keeping society clean is the responsibility of all who buy their share of the property and not only the property owner. You are not free to do anything as each society has its own norms. It is usually less expensive than buying a ready-made home.
- Town Home: A townhome is a home that has a common wall that is shared by the other house owner. But the entrance of each town-home is private and there is no interference from the neighbors. In cities where there is space-constraint there, these types of homes are popular. A hometown or a town-home is a house that is vertically tall as the vertical space is used to make the house spacious. But horizontally the space is small and limited.
- Tiny homes: In the U.S there are small homes that are owned by a single parents or single couples. Couples prefer buying these types of homes after their retirement and want to spend time with their spouse. The space of the house is around 60 to 400 square feet. These homes are movable and couples can shift from one place to the other. The best part about tiny homes is that it is sufficient for two people and you get the full freedom to use it as per your likes and dislikes. It is easy to maintain these types of homes and are quite budget-friendly. You get the freedom of movement which makes these types of homes better for couples and single users.
- Tiny homes: In the U.S, there are small homes owned by single parents or single couples. Couples prefer buying these types of homes after their retirement and want to spend time with their spouse. The space of the house is around 60 to 400 square feet. These homes are movable, and couples can shift from one place to the other. The best part about tiny homes is that it is sufficient for two people and you get the complete freedom to use it as per your likes and dislikes. It is easy to maintain these types of homes and are quite budget-friendly. You get the freedom of movement, which makes these types of dwellings better for couples and single users.
Back in the 1600 and 1700’s structure was large, and people have taken up the same old houses and have tried to restore the look and the design. If you are planning to buy such a house, then it is important to look around the house to know which part of the house will match the requirements and lifestyle of the other family members.
The Cape Cod-style of the house was typical in the 1700s, and people made it to withstand the winters of England. Massachusetts is a town that has these types of homes. Cape Cod design houses have wooden roofs and are not very spacious. With the main door and two windows on each side, the house looks charming but is tough to handle rough weather. Today the same design is taken, and the homes are good and spacious enough for a family to live.
These homes are inspired by the houses made in the1600’s. Earlier, these houses were occupied by the French, British, Dutch, and American Colonials. These houses have a grand entrance and a long staircase. This almost two-story house looks grand and is quite spacious. The house has a symmetrical look with a very decent look.
- Craftsman Style: These are handmade designs with beautifully constructed architecture. These houses are sturdy and are of horizontal format. You will find bookshelves that are inbuilt and look great. The homes are made with handworked materials and have tapered columns on their porches. There is a hand-laid fireplace in the house that makes the house cozy.
- Mediterranean style: Mediterranean homes are also known as Spanish Villas. You will find these villas in Florida, Italy, and California. With stone and wooden walls with tiled floors and metal worked balconies and windows, these villas look attractive. The villas have cozy spaces with white stucco and rigid design, making the estate look great.
- Farmhouses: Farmhouses are prevalent architectural houses that have a spacious interior and exteriors. A few farmhouses have a barn shape roof design and brick walls. With a lovely lawn, ample parking, and all the facilities available in a basic house are present in a farmhouse. A farmhouse has tall ceilings and a rectangular layout. The rustic walls, clean lines, and detailing of the house are transparent and look pretty appealing.
House is your place where you feel secure, and there is a feeling of belongingness. People make their houses with love and care. If you are buying one, it is essential to see all the features available and talk to the owner about the house in detail. It is a one-time investment; thus, choose it wisely. It’s a place that gives you your identity, thus making it worth living.