TCS Internship 2020: TCS Internship is hosted by Tata Consultancy Services for some of the brightest graduate, post-graduate, and doctoral students from academic institutions around the world as research interns in its Innovation Labs. The students, who work in an industrial R&D environment, get access to industry-scale problems and data. They also get a chance to interact with some of the world’s best researchers. The internships can vary from six to eight weeks (short internships) or 16 to 18 weeks (long internships), with the option of tailoring the duration in certain cases. Read on how to get TCS Summer Internship 2020 India, TCS Internship Process, how to get an internship in TCS.
TCS Internship Program Details
|Name of the Company||Tata Consultancy Service (TCS)|
|Eligibility||Graduates, Postgraduate, Ph.D. Degree|
|Program Location||Across India|
TCS Internship Eligibility Criteria
- Exceptional and highly-motivated Ph.D., MS, MTech, or final year BE or BTech students with an aptitude for research in any area of computer science.
- Master’s and Ph.D. students from premier institutes in the fields of psychology, sociology, economics, mathematics, game design, and organizational behavior may also apply.
- Candidates with a consistent, shining academic record, coupled with a passion for R&D.
How To Apply for Internship In TCS?
For NRI students, there is a Global Internship Program and Indian students, you need to register on the TCS website and submit your resume and contact the TCS academic relationship managers through your college’s Training and Placement Cell. Usually, they will get back to the students if in case any vacancy is available and if not, then students have to follow up with their Training and Placement Cell.
- Go to the official website of the TCS Global Internship Program, globalinternship.tcs.com.
- Read the complete details about the program.
- Prepare a Resume with all your skills.
- Now send the Resume to the mail for the mentioned Email id in the “Careers” page.
- Finally, check whether the mail is done properly or not
TCS Internship India Selection Process
The applicants who get shortlisted by checking the profile have to give one or two rounds of interviews such as Technical and HR Interviews through a telephone or face to face. In the Technical Round, the candidates have to attend the questions in the area they have knowledge about or on the project for which they are playing a part. Usually, the technical questions are based on the programming languages. The HR Interview is conducted to check the behavior of the students by asking some pretty questions related to their careers.
TCS Internship Stipend
The Tata Consulting Company does not offer a salary or stipend for the applicants performing Internships in this company. Most of the candidates are not interested to do an internship if they are not paid for the work. But this experience will provide them with great benefits and real-time experience.
Roles and Responsibilities of TCS Interns
To conduct research in an industrial R&D environment and solve industry-scale problems under the supervision of senior researchers. The areas of responsibility include
Creation of R&D – Related Assets
- Define research problems and design solutions for them
- Develop prototype solutions by applying industry-scale data
- Publish research papers in top-tier conference and journals
- Perform a literature survey and identify opportunities and challenges
- Execute proofs of concept
- Contribute to the development of tools and products
Learning and Development
- Learn about emerging trends and technologies in industrial research
- Define the challenges involved in applied research
- Articulate research problems and systematically design solutions
Tata Consultancy Services Limited is one of the largest Indian multinational Information Technology Services and consulting, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. This company was founded in the year 1968. TCS is the subsidiary of the Tata Group and it has the operation in 46 countries. Now the TCS is placed amongst the most valuable IT Services Brands worldwide. TCS is ranked 64th overall in the Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2015. The mission of TCS is to help the customers in achieving their business objectives. The company provides innovative and best in class consulting services to all the stakeholders to work with them. TCS ranks 10th position in Fortune India 500 List.
FAQ’s on TCS Internship
Who can apply for the Global Internship TCS?
Students seeking graduate, post-graduate, and Ph.D. degrees can apply. In a few colleges, TCS has offered the top 2% of its campus-recruited applicants an internship offer. The company has also offered internships to the winners of a few coding-related competitions, like CodeVita, that they have organized in colleges.
How to Apply for Internship at TCS?
Candidates who are willing to do the TCS Global Internship Program need to register on the official website of TCS. At the time of registering for the Global Internship Program, the students have to submit the Resume/CV. Students of various colleges have to contact the TCS Academic Relational Relationship Manager through the Training & Placement officers to know about the vacancies.
Every year the TCS offers a TCS Internship 2018 program for the top 2% of the campus recruiting candidates. After applying the officials of the company shortlist the students by checking the skills in the resume. If the contender is having certain knowledge related to the project for which they are going to start they are called for the interview. Doing an Internship in the product based company adds value to the degree or life.