Sponsorship Letter: A Sponsorship Letter is a formal request sent to an individual or an organisation providing benefits or incentives in return for a cash or in-kind donation. Sponsorship letters are usually created to fund public events, such as marathons, walks, galas, celebrations, and more. Usually, the sponsors can display their brand name in these events, thereby increasing brand awareness and recognition.
Drafting an effective sponsorship letter is very important. This letter may be the difference between the organisation agreeing to fund the cause or just flat out refusing. Furthermore, the sponsorship letter must highlight the potential benefits and incentives that will be provided to the sponsors. If the offer seems enticing and the funds are reasonable, the sponsors may consider making a donation. Hence, to help you create the perfect sponsorship letter, we have provided guidelines and writing tips along with scenario-based samples. Consider adopting these strategies to help you secure a sponsor for your next event.
Get Other Types of Letter Writing like Formal, Informal and Different Types of Letter Writing Samples.
How To Write A Sponsorship Letter?
Following are a few writing tips and guidelines to help you draft the perfect sponsorship letter.
- Explain the event and its theme, locations and dates.
- State a few details about the organisation that is conducting the event. Highlight the exposure and the free branding that may be associated with the event.
- Next, convince how the sponsors will fit in and their implications for the event
- Provide options – a sponsorship letter must provide various levels of available sponsorships along with its respective incentives and benefits
- Be direct and straight to the point. Ensure to provide a high-level overview of the event
- If any organisations have sponsored you in the past, start with them.
- Lastly, a sponsorship letter is a formal letter, hence, use all formal letter writing conventions. Also, proof-read the letter for factual or grammatical errors.
Sponsorship Letter Samples
The following are a few sample letters for various scenarios.
Sample 1 – Sponsorship Letter for College Event
Sample 2 – Corporate Sponsorship Letter
Sample 3 – Sponsorship Letter for Food
FAQ’s on Sponsorship Letter
What is a sponsorship letter?
A Sponsorship Letter is a formal request sent to an individual or an organisation providing benefits or incentives in return for a cash or in-kind donation.
How do you write a sponsorship letter?
Explain the event and its theme, dates and locations. Highlight branding that may be associated with the event. Convince the sponsors how they will fit in with your event and their implications. Provide options – such as levels of sponsorships and their respective benefits and incentives. And lastly, ensure that the letter is strictly formal in tone.
Where are sponsorship letters used?
Sponsorship letters are used across various institutions and scenarios. Some organisations may also seek to fulfill their CSR duties through these community or event sponsorships.
How do sponsorships benefit the sponsors?
The most obvious benefit would be creating awareness of the sponsor’s brand. Other incentives and benefits depend on the type of event and the number of attendees for the said event.