Social Media Essay 500 Words: Essay about social media, Social media is a medium that is growing quite prevalent nowadays because of its user-friendly characteristics. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc are allowing people to unite with each other across distances. In other words, the entire world is at just one touch finger touch away and wholly thanks to social media. Today’s generation is particularly one of the most aggressive users of social media.
Social Media Essay 500 Words in English
All this presents you gape that something so compelling and with such a huge reach cannot be all stable. Just like there are two sides to a coin, in the same way, social media has its advantages and disadvantages. Consequently, several people have varying opinions on this controversial topic. So, here we will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of social media essay for class 10 and essay on social media for class 12.
“Don’t Use Social media to impress people; use it to impact people.”
Merits of Social Media
When we see the positive features of social media, we find many benefits. The most notable being a magnificent source of education. All the knowledge one wants is just a snap away. Learners can teach themselves on different topics using social media. Furthermore, live talks are now achievable because of this medium. You can visit a lecture occurring in America while you are seated here in India. Moreover, as larger the people are distancing themselves from publications, they are getting dependent on social media for stories. You are constantly refreshed on the latest happenings of the environment through it.
A person grows more socially informed of the matters of the world. Also, it reinforces bonds with your cherished ones. Distance is not a limitation anymore with the help of social media. For a case, you can quickly interact with your friends and relatives abroad. Most importantly, it further provides a comprehensive platform for young aspiring artists to showcase their skills for free. You can perceive great possibilities for a job through social media too. Another advantage serves companies who want to promote their trademarks. Social media has converted a hub for promotion and proposes you great shots for combining with the customer.
De-merits of Social Media
Instead of holding such huge advantages, social media is deemed to be one of the most dangerous elements of society. If the usage of social media is not controlled, it can commence to grave outcomes. It is dangerous because it penetrates your isolation like never before. The oversharing incident on social media delivers children a victim for predators and hackers. It also directs to cyberbullying which attacks any personality significantly.
Therefore, the status distribution on social media principally by minors must be observed at all times. Next up is the addition of social media which is very common among the youth. This obsession hinders the educational performance of a student as they spend more time on social media instead of reading. People who are obsessed with Social media also generate communal cracks. False news is published with the application of it, which destroys the mind of peace-loving civilians.
Positive Impact of Social Media Essay in English
- It is a good tool for education.
- It can create awareness for many social issues.
- There is a fast transfer of information online and hence the users can stay well informed.
- It can also be used as a news medium.
- There are few social benefits as well like communication with long-distance friends and relatives.
- It can provide great employment opportunities online.
- We agree that there are positive impacts of a social network but like everything else it also has cons.
Negative Impacts of Social Media
There are many negative impacts also
- Enables cheating in exams
- Dropping of grades and performance of students
- Lack of privacy
- Users are vulnerable to cyber-crimes like hacking, identity theft, phishing crimes, etc.
Conclusion on Social Media Essay
In short, certainly social media has both gains and losses. But, it all depends on the user at the end. The youth must especially create stability between their academic fulfillment, physical exercises, and social media. Excess use of anything is dangerous and the same applies to the use of social media. Accordingly, we must attempt to live a pleasing life with the appropriate balance.
FAQ’s on Social Media Essay
What is social media essay and its effects?
Social media is a gateway that provides social communication. It is spreading rapidly everywhere in the world. Majorly adults and teenagers are joining websites such as Facebook, MySpace, Instagram, and Twitter to socialize with friends, family, and strangers. The start of social media has transformed the world in several ways. It changes each person in many ways. Now it can be practiced as a very helpful means in changing a person’s life, but at the same time cause such disputes that can negatively affect a person.
Why social media is important in our life?
The use of social media has made drastic changes in all human beings’ lives today. People can communicate, interact, be social, gain knowledge of happening of the outer world, cook a variety of food, educate themselves, travel to any place and explore the world and can get a lot more advantages of using social media in daily life.
What are the famous Social Media Websites?
- Messenger on Facebook
- PinIntererest and more.
How Social Media can affect our health?
- Obsession: People who are obsessed with social media may encounter negative consequences such as eye stress, social abandonment or lack of sleep.
- Stress: If you waste your time investigating problems or fighting with people, you may encounter stress, which can harm your health.
- Emotional associations: Social media can assist you to attach with more people and stay in touch with those with who you’re previously close. Uniting with people has demonstrated health benefits.
- Knowledge: You can get a large amount of health-related knowledge on social media. This can be helpful. On another hand, if you take casual advice without doing conventional research, it can also be dangerous.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.