SN Bose Scholarship 2019-20: SN Bose Scholarship, also called SN Bose Scholars Program, is a student exchange program between top institutions of India and the United States. To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to develop a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States.
The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose (1894 – 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
In this article, you will get all the necessary details concerning the SN Bose Scholarship. The program has been introduced for both Indian students and US students. The details available here comprise key dates, scholarship rewards, eligibility criteria, the application process, and further information.
SN Bose Scholarship Important Dates
The significant dates or months related to SN Bose Scholars program are given here. These dates are tentative and are subject to change. Check the below table here for more information.
|Application for Indian Students||September – October|
|Application for US Students||December – January|
|Program Dates for Indian Students||May – July|
|Program Dates for US students||Summer/Fall|
SN Bose Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
For Indian Students
- Should be Indian citizens.
- Should pursue a Bachelors’s or Masters’ degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Open to students of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences.
For US Students
- U.S. Citizens/Permanent Residents/Indian Citizens
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States
- Open to students from all disciplines of Science & Engineering
SN Bose Scholarship 2019 Application From
IUSSTF grants candidates to apply online for the SN Bose Scholars Program by their Online Application Portal. Follow here the step by step information to fill the application form of this scholarship.
- First, the applicants need to visit the home page of IUSSTF and click on ‘Program Portfolio’ then on the ‘Visitation and Fellowships’ tab given under it.
- Now you can see the link for the ‘SN Bose Scholars Program’.
- Click on the particular link
- Now, the candidates have to choose the option ‘For Indian Students’ which leads them to the scholarship page for Indian students.
- Candidates who belong to the US can choose for the ‘For US student’ option and then proceed with the same way.
- Click on the ‘Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs’, where applicants can find the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Now, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and read all the instructions carefully.
- The applicants must click on ‘Start Application’ and fill all the necessary details to register as the new user. A link is sent to the registered email id which the applicants are expected to click to verify their account.
- Now, the candidates must log in to the Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs with the registered email id and click on ‘Apply for – Start Application’.
- Fill all the required data in the application form for the SN Bose scholarship.
- You may download the PDF of your completed application after submission. All online applications will receive an automatic email verifying receipt of your application. The PDF format of the application can also be downloaded using the link sent to your registered email id after submission. Please note your Application ID for future references.
- Finally, the applicants must upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents and submit the application form.
Note: Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
SN Bose Scholarship Important Information
- There are no partner universities under the program. As part of the application, the students have to fill in their area of interest / potential research idea. If the student is selected, they will be getting placements based on the area indicated by the student in the application form.
- The students are also free to get in touch with professors/ labs of their choice in the US (however it is not necessary). All in all, the program aims to provide the best possible internship experience to talented Indian students!
- The internship is a 10-12week program, tentatively scheduled to be held by mid of May to July 2018.
- Read carefully the eligibility criteria. Only those candidates who have a minimum of one year remaining for the completion of their course in India are eligible to apply.
- Kindly note that in case you are pursuing your first semester in your master’s degree (MSc/M. Tech degree), kindly ensure that you attach your bachelor rank certificate and mark list.
- Also, it is necessary that you are nominated by your current institute. They may nominate the candidate based on any internal assessments that they deem commendable.
SN Bose Program Rewards
Through this SN Bose Scholars Program, the government of India and the US provides a chance for the chosen students to communicate with students of top US institutions and exchange visions and ideas through science and technology. The students selected under this scholarship become eligible to receive the following rewards:
- Stipend for the duration of student’s stay in the US to complete the internship
- Health insurance
- Air-fare to cover travel expenses from own country to host country and vice-versa
Note: For US students stipend of Rs.50000 will be given.
SN Bose Program Envision
- To provide an opportunity for Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- Encourage and motivate students to take up research as a career;
- Pave the way for the next generation of pioneers and innovators in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
- Build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe.
About SN Bose Scholarship
The governments of the United States of America (through the Department of State) and India (through the Department of Science & Technology) have established the United States–India Science & Technology Endowment Fund (USISTEF) for the promotion of joint activities that would lead to innovation and entrepreneurship through the application of science and technology.
The aim of the Fund is to support and foster joint applied R&D to generate public goods through the commercialization of technology developed through sustained partnerships between U.S. and Indian researchers and entrepreneurs. The U.S. India Science and Technology Endowment Fund activities are implemented and administered through the bi-national Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF).
SN Bose Scholarship Contact Details
Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road,
New Delhi – 110001,
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone Number: 011- 42691712