Sachin Tendulkar Essay: One of the most celebrated cricketers in the world and not just in India is our very on Sachin Tendulkar. The crowd chanting Sachin -Sachin at Wankhede stadium whenever Sachin hits a sixer or a 4 is still etched in our minds. Sachin in India is known as the god of cricket. Other than being a legendary batsman, Sachin is known for his humble background, hard work and determination. As a result of which he is a true source of inspiration for millions of kids around the world who wants to get into the sports field and achieve big. In this Sachin Tendulkar essay, we shall be taking you on a journey of the most loved sportsman in the world.
You can read more Essay Writing about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Long and Short Essays on Sachin Tendulkar for students and Kids in English
If you are searching for a comprehensive Essay on Sachin Tendulkar then you have come to the right place. We have provided a 600 word long Sachin Tendulkar Essay and a 200 word long Sachin Tendulkar Essay in English for students, school children and teachers. These essays can be used by students of class 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 for test, examination, homework, assignment and essay writing competitions.
Long Essay on Sachin Tendulkar 600 Words in English
Sachin Tendulkar Essay is usually given to classes 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Sachin Tendulkar, known as the God of cricket was born in the city of Mumbai to a middle-class family. Having come from a very humble family, the only tool that Sachin Tendulkar had to achieve his dream was will-power, sacrifices, hard work, determination and dedication. This essay on Sachin Tendulkar will give an insight to millions of people across the world on how hard work and dreaming big can take you to great places. At the age of 16 years, Sachin faced legendary cricketers like Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram and proved his mettle. After having to face such great bowlers, Sachin made it to the Indian cricket team through his talent and competency.
The great partnership of Sachin Tendulkar and Virendra Sehwag is fondly remembered by cricketers all around the world. There was a time in Indian cricket where if Sachin Tendulkar does not score a century then the team would lose that match. Such was the responsibility that Sachin Tendulkar had on his shoulders to make India win in every cricket match. It is said that bowlers used to be scared to bowl to Sachin Tendulkar not just because of his talent and competency but also because of the kind of respect they had for him as a person. There are plenty of great knocks of Sachin Tendulkar that is remembered, some of which are mentioned below
1. The great knock at Rawalpindi against Pakistan when Sachin scored 141 runs in 135 balls. But the disappointing end was that Pakistan won the match with 12 runs but Tendulkar was declared man of the match for his great innings.
2. Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman on the planet to score a double century in one-day internationals. He scored 200 runs in just 147 balls against South Africa in Gwalior in the year 2010. On that day, India scored a massive score of 401 runs by losing just three wickets.
3. The greatest knocks in the history of cricket was a massive 664 run partnership between Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli. This inning is considered as a case study for students in cricket training camps.
4. The most remember innings of Sachin Tendulkar was the Sharjah ODI where he scored 134 runs and ultimately helped India single-handedly win the Sharjah Cup. This day was also a special day for Sachin Tendulkar because it was his birthday.
Players like Virat Kohli or MS Dhoni is considered as equals to Sachin Tendulkar. But as a true fan of Sachin Tendulkar, we can say that no cricketer in the history would ever come close to the legend of Tendulkar. One of the things that made Sachin great as said by his coach Ramakant was his sheer determination and willpower and also the love for the game of cricket. Sachin stands as a testimony for the gentleman of the game of Cricket. He can be called as the true gentleman of the gentleman sports.
I would like to conclude by saying that there is no cricketer or in fact sportsman in the whole world who can come even close to the greatness of Sachin. Sachin, in spite of being a great cricketer, is a very humble and down to earth human being. Even after his retirement from international cricket, he continues to serve India by being the Rajya Sabha member. Sachin Tendulkar will not only be remembered for his greatness in the game of Cricket but also for the greatness of his persona and eccentricity.
Short Essay on Sachin Tendulkar 200 Words in English
Sachin Tendulkar is one of the greatest cricketers of all time and has millions and millions of fans all over the world. He is probably the only cricketer in the world who is even loved by enemy countries of India such as Pakistan or Bangladesh. Being born to Ramesh Tendulkar, a novelist in the city of Bombay, Sachin Tendulkar was born in the year 1973 on 24th of April. Sachin Tendulkar was married to Anjali Mehta in the year 1995.
Sachin Tendulkar is usually known for his opening batting and some great knocks such as the Sharjah innings or the Gwalior knock. Sachin Tendulkar is also a Rajya Sabha member in the Indian Upper house of parliament. Sachin received Arjuna Award in the year 1994 for his achievements in cricket, he also received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 1997 which is one of India’s highest Honours in the sports field. In the year 2008 Sachin received Padma vibhushan award for his achievements in the field of cricket.
In the year 2012 December, Sachin announced his retirement from one-day international cricket and subsequently in the year 2013 he announced retirement from all forms of cricket. Sachin will always be fondly remembered for his unique style of batting, his gentle behaviour with cricketers and his humble and down to earth attitude.
10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar Essay in English
- Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar is an Indian cricketer who played cricket for India for more than 24 years.
- Sachin Tendulkar was born in the year 1973 on 24th of April in the city of Mumbai.
- Sachin Tendulkar is fondly remembered as Little Master or master blaster by his fans.
- Sachin Tendulkar is not only remembered for his cricketing talents but also for his epitome of excellence, humility and humbleness.
- Sachin Tendulkar started to play cricket at the age of 11 and had his first debut at the age of 16 in the year 1988 against Pakistan.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first man on the planet to score a double century in One Day International Cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first sportsperson to be awarded the honorary rank of group captain by the Indian Air Force.
- Sachin has won certain great honours in the country such as Bharat Ratna and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna.
- After his retirement in the year 2013, Sachin Tendulkar became a member of Rajya Sabha, the upper house of parliament in India.
- Sachin Tendulkar without an iota of doubt is one of the greatest sportspeople to have walked on the planet.
FAQ’s on Sachin Tendulkar Essay
How many centuries has Sachin Tendulkar scored?
Sachin Tendulkar has called 51 centuries in international cricket.
Which team did Sachin Tendulkar belong to in the Indian Premier League?
Sachin Tendulkar belonged to Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier Leauge (IPL).
How many world cups have Sachin Tendulkar played in?
Sachin Tendulkar has played in 6 world cups for India.
Who was the first person in the world to score a double century in One Day International Cricket?
Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman to score a double century in One Day International cricket in the year 2010 against South Africa