Pros and Cons of Living in a Common Wealth State: If you are one of them willing to move or relocate to commonwealth states then this article is for you. In this comprehensive guide we will list out everything you need to know regarding the pros and cons of living in a commonwealth state. This article will mention everything about the commonwealth states like Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
All of these states have common wealth in their titles but don’t have any political or legal authority. These states are just like any other states and just that they have a symbolic association with British Monarchy. Without any further delay let’s get started on the advantages and disadvantages of staying in commonwealth citizenship.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Commonwealth Citizenship
CommonWealth States have their own set of benefits and drawbacks. It’s better you evaluate these factors beforehand to make a decision on which one suits you. In the further sections, we will list the pros and cons of living in commonwealth states. Follow them and decide whether you want to settle down or not in the particular state.
Pros of Living in CommonWealth States
Below is the list of some of the highlights of residing in CommonWealth States. We have mentioned them below for your knowledge and they are as such
- Better Transportation: You can easily drive from one place to another with less traffic jams or road constructions. One can get higher expansive road networks and public transportation thus making travel hassle-free. The connectivity in the state allows residents to travel within the state or outside the state much more effectively.
- Secure form of government: CommonWealth States have got the safe and secure environment for their residents. The states are known for their low crime rate and exceptional quality of life. This is possible by the law and order followed in the states by the enforcement personnel. One can live with peace as their families are safeguarded by the law and order.
- Quality Education: There is no shortage of quality education in CommonWealth States as most of them have got the premium universities and colleges. The top tier universities and colleges offer students to study right from undergraduate to postgraduate. You can even get research spaces to grow in the universities making your life easier.
- Access to Cheap & Healthier Medical Care: Due to the expansive network of hospitals and clinics available residents can get high quality health care services. You will get highly trained personnel, nurses, doctors guaranteeing access to the medical care needed.
- Economic Opportunities: Another benefit of residing in commonwealth states is the numerous economic opportunities. Job market is diverse and offers jobs in multiple industries. Be it entry level or advanced job opportunities they have got them covered.
- Cultural Diversity: CommonWealth States are known for their cultural and inclusive community. People from various backgrounds come together and celebrate their traditions and festivals. The diversity present fosters tolerance and understanding among various communities.
Cons of Residing in Common Wealth States
Now let us discuss the drawbacks or disadvantages of living in the commonwealth states in detail. They are explained below
- Higher cost of living: Shifting or relocating to a commonwealth state can be extremely daunting due to the expenses. Housing and taxing are the 2 major factors that contribute to the expenses of residing in these states. Property prices can be an extreme burden for some people thus making it difficult for them to break into the market.
- Crowded cities: These places are dwelling ones among the nation’s most populated cities. Philadelphia, Boston, and Richmond are quite few places having high population density making it difficult to breathe. There can be issues related to safety and privacy concerns for people and it is a drawback for residents.
- Historical Ties to Colonialism: Commonwealth states are places that were British colonies. This can have an impact on imperialism and colonialism. This can be a con for people who have experienced cultural erasure and displacement during the colonial period.
- Language Barrier: As English is the common language used in these states it can be a linguistic barrier for some people. Not everyone will be proficient in English and it can limit the opportunities to residents.
- Extreme Weather Conditions: Climate conditions of commonwealth countries can be daunting to many residents due their blazing summers and icing winters. These climate conditions can cause significant inconvenience for locals residing. Staying comfortable outdoors or maintaining health can take a huge toll for residents.
If you are interested in knowing about the Republic form of government and its pros and cons refer to our guide on Republic Pros and Cons and resolve all your ambiguities.
FAQs on CommonWealth State Benefits & Drawbacks
1. Name some examples of commonwealth states in the United States.
Some examples of commonwealth states in United States are Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Massachusetts, and Virginia.
2. Is the Commonwealth still useful?
Yes, commonwealth is still useful and it is the key voice that is behind the sustainable development goals.
3. Is there any benefit to being in the Commonwealth?
Commonwealth states get benefitted from being a part of a mutually supported community.
4. What is the aim behind commonwealth?
The point of common wealth is to benefit the people in terms of democracy, peace and development.
We wish the knowledge shared on the page regarding the Pros and Cons of Living in a CommonWealth State has enlightened you to the possible extent. If you still need any clarity on the benefits & drawbacks of living in CommonWealth States feel free to write to us about your queries. Our team will guide you with the needed help at the earliest possibility. Stay tuned to our site for more updates on the Pros and Cons of Republic, Constitutional Monarchy and a lot more topics.