Process Analysis Essay: A, b, c, d and e is a chronological sequence in the English alphabets that even a 6-year-old child will know. Chronology sequence and the orderly process is something that is not just associated with businesses but is inculcated in our life right from our childhood. Being organised and conducting ourselves in an orderly fashion not only exhibit professionalism but makes our life easier. But maintaining a strong process sequence and a chronological order is not a walk in the park most of the time and that is when real-world theory comes into the picture. There are a lot of scientists who have produced papers on process analysis and sequential timing that businesses and corporates use to reduce lead times, improve efficiency and ultimately drive profits.
In this particular article on the process analysis essay, we shall be discussing why process analysis is important, how to write a process analysis essay and the most important thing, how not to write a process analysis essay. At the end of this article on the process analysis essay, one should be fluent and have a clear-cut idea of what a process is, what a process analysis is and how to write and articulate the process analysis essay easily so that the reader understands it at one go. This particular article on process analysis essay is written keeping in mind the general use of processes and hence students, employees, professionals business houses and university research associates can make use of this for their rudimentary research on process analysis.
The following are the questions to which one will have an answer after reading this article on the process analysis essay.
- What is a process analysis essay?
- How to write a process analysis essay?
- Sample essay on process analysis.
What is a Process Analysis Essay?
A process analysis essay is basically a commanding essay or a descriptive essay that explains a particular process or action that needs to be taken by someone to complete a task. The most important thing about the process analysis essay is the articulation of different steps that are needed to fulfill the task and process analysis essay does not give any outline about the task itself. Chronological and logical sequential order is the most important thing that one should keep in mind while writing a process analysis essay so that the reader, irrespective of his or her knowledge on the topic, can understand it thoroughly.
The topic on which process analysis essay can be written is from one end of the spectrum to another end of the spectrum because every abstract that is present in the universe has a particular sequence and process to it and hence process analysis essay can be used in science, management, engineering, art, entertainment, politics, diplomacy and every other aspect of our society that we can think about.
It is extremely important for leaders to know how to articulate a proper process analysis essay so that there is no miscommunication between the leadership and the management in doing the task and following the necessary steps involved in doing the said task. Writing a process analysis essay not only helps the reader understand the process and the task at hand but also helps the writer to slowly dissect the different steps and nuances of completing the task and can hence comprehend the complications that one might have through the cycle. It is not always easy to encapsulate a logical order of sequence because the tasks at hand can be more complicated when one digs deeper.
Now that we have understood the rudimentary aspects of what a process analysis essay is and why is it necessary, let’s look at how to write a process analysis essay.
How to Write a Process Analysis Essay?
Literature students and theorists have come up with a well-thought-out format to write a process analysis essay but then again it depends on the topic that we are tackling. The format might not always be helpful because of the variations in thought process and articulations of the writer, for example, a thought process analysis essay might be different for a student when compared to an old school professional in the business world. Although following a format might be easier which is proven and tested, the writer should be aware of his audience while articulating a process analysis essay.
If the target audience is well aware of the entire task at hand and the processes that are involved, then the process analysis essay can just be followed with the format of introduction, body and conclusion but if the target audience is not aware of the topic at hand then one needs to make sure that the process analysis essay includes the introduction of the topic and an outline of the task and goals to be achieved and steps of the process that is being described are thoroughly understood by the reader.
Format of Process Analysis Essay
The usual format that people follow is
- Analysis and
More often than not everything that should be there in a process analysis essay can be covered in the above 4 mentioned subheadings but if something extra that needs to be added in the essay, then it is left to the discretion of the writer to do so.
- Introduction: In any given article, the introduction is the bare minimum that should be articulated well and in a crisp manner. The word limit for introduction depends on the topic and the target audience and it might vary from less than 200 words to as big 600 to 800 words. Usually, it is considered decent enough if the introduction is less than 200 words but then again there are a lot of nuances in the world of content writing where many writers tend to give an outline or a basic introduction about the process in the body rather than the introduction about the topic. Different writers will have different styles of writing a process analysis essay and one cannot say with surety which is right and which is wrong and hence it is always safe to give an introduction about the topic in the first para and a brief introduction about what the reader can expect in the article henceforth in the second part.
- Body: The body of the process analysis essay should mainly concentrate only on the process that we are talking about and not the topic in itself. For example, if we are talking about a sales process in a particular company that sells computers the body should only talk about the basic materials, prerequisites, instruments and human resources that are required to fulfill this process of the sales cycle and not about the sales cycle itself. All the relevant materials and instruments that are needed to complete the process should be well articulated in the body of the process analysis essay. 360-degree overview of this process which includes the advantages, disadvantages, risks, warnings, the probability of success and failure should all be mentioned so that the reader gets a proper idea about how good this process is. The body of the process analysis essay should also contain the objective of the process, the goals of the process and the time limit for the same.
- Analysis: The analysis part of the process analysis essay is the crux of the article and this should be the biggest section of the process analysis essay. One would recommend that a minimum of thousand words should be present in the analysis part of the article because it is in this part of the process analysis essay that the sequential order of the tasks will be mentioned. One can use a flow chart, bar graphs, line graphs, bulletin points or just plain paragraphs for the description of each step thoroughly and in detail. At the end of this section of the essay, the reader should have an in-depth idea of what the process is and how this process will help in achieving the goal.
Conclusion on Process Analysis Essay
Usually, in the corporate sector, many leaders tend to skip the conclusion part in the process analysis essay but it is always useful to write this section from the point of view of the writer. The conclusion should give a brief outline of what has been discussed in the introduction, body and analysis part of the process analysis essay. It is best to keep the conclusion part of the process analysis essay within 200 words.
In the last [part of this article, we have given a small sample essay on the sales cycle process in a company so that the reader understands how to crisply write introduction, body, analysis and conclusion. The example given is less than 400 words but there is no hard and fast rule for word limit while writing a process analysis essay and every nuance of the essay will be left to the discretion of the writer.
Example of Process Analysis Essay – The Sales Process
The sales process for laptop is different from the ones that happen in FMCG companies. The objective of the sales process analysis essay is to make sure the employees have a piece of in-depth knowledge about the sales process that is being followed in our company which mainly consists of five steps. Our top products that are being sold are that of I5 and I7 processor laptops and the whole sales process emphasizes these two-star products.
Since the selling laptops is not a regulated market, one can approach possible leads and clients with more than 50% probability keeping in mind the I5 and I7 processor laptops. Especially in business to business sales (B2B sales), one needs to remember that samples and commercial products are two different and important steps in the sales process and it is the discretion of the sales executive to provide samples and commercial products to prospective clients.
Samples, equipment and specifications of the products come under a non-disclosure agreement with the clients and these are some of the basic requirements that one should have before approaching the client. The sales process that is being described here should be in sync with the supply chain process of our company.
- The first step in our sales process is finding the leads whose probability is more than 50% and also classifying the leads that are below 50% into future leads.
- The second and the immediate process that follows after finding the leads is approaching them and along with that doing a comprehensive competitor analysis for the particular market.
- Once the leads are approached and connected, qualifying the leads is the most important part and hence the sample requirements and other documentation should be ready with the sales representative.
- Once the above three steps are completed, objections by the client should be presented to the technical team in the company and all the objections should be overcome within the specified time limit from the client.
- The customer required date for delivery should always be longer than the earliest possible sell date in the company and it is the responsibility of the sales representative to maintain the equilibrium.
- Once all the objections are overcome, the deal should be closed within the mentioned time frame and the entire delivery of the materials and the payment receivables should be done according to the standard operating procedure (SOP) of the company.
- Once the deal has been closed, nurturing the deal and doing regular follow-ups is also important for client retention, client expansion and cross-selling.
In conclusion, the sales process should not be as rigid as the ones in regulated markets but it should follow the basic or bare minimum requirements of the cycle that have been mentioned above. One also needs to keep in mind that the process is strictly not sequential in order but is cyclic in nature and it is left at the discretion of the sales representative to do the needful.