Courses in Polytechnic: Polytechnic Courses’ importance increases due to job opportunities in the country. Polytechnic is a technical education institute. It offers many industrial arts, applied sciences, and other courses. Polytechnic teaches many types of technical and vocational courses. Many people in India after completing 10th or ITI wants to build their career in Polytechnic. Polytechnics enable the students to perform an engineering job by providing degree courses.
Many students register themselves in their chosen polytechnic courses every year. A huge number of colleges incorporated Polytechnic in India and abroad. Polytechnic is fundamentally a diploma in technical education. The Polytechnic diploma is the most preferred course among technical courses. The main motive is to bring a lot of employment opportunities in fewer fees. Read this article to know the related information about Polytechnic Courses.
Polytechnic Courses Details
The polytechnic courses are suitable for students who want to make their career in technical courses. But, they cannot reach this destination by studying B.E. or B.Tech. just after completing class 12th. Polytechnic courses are a diploma in technical courses. Students can register themselves in polytechnic diploma courses. Later on, they can defer to B.E. or B.Tech. courses for pursuing a career in engineering. Registering into a B.Tech. course by lateral entry is also possible after pursuing the polytechnic diploma course. However, in the starting, the course trained by either govt. or government-aided colleges only. But, nowadays there are many private polytechnic colleges operating in India. These colleges providing diploma polytechnic courses in India.
Students can now change the branch of polytechnic followed by the state technical board. Suppose students have chosen automobile engineering and wish to change this branch. They can change it to mechanical engineering that can be implemented now. Students advised to check it with their admission department for further details. The qualified individuals can avail of this facility after completion of the first and second semesters of polytechnic courses.
Polytechnic courses increase employment in many sectors. These sectors include Mechanical, Automobile, Computer Science, Information Technology, and other technical factors. That is why the polytechnic course seemed like the best course after class 10th. In the survey, it has been found that polytechnic courses are increasing gradually. This is available around every state in India. The following are the types of polytechnic colleges available in India.
Polytechnic Colleges in India
- Government Polytechnic Colleges
- Private or Self Financed Polytechnic Colleges
- Women’s Polytechnic Colleges
Polytechnic colleges are popular for offering job oriented diploma courses in India. These diploma courses are divided into two types of courses.
- Technical Diploma or Diploma in Engineering Courses
- Non-Technical Diploma Courses
The Diploma in Engineering Courses is popular among the class 10th and 12th pass out students. Many colleges started providing polytechnic courses in various subjects in India. This has happened due to the increasing popularity of the polytechnic courses. Govt. of India has established some new colleges which offer only polytechnic courses. The following list contains some of the most popular polytechnic courses in India.
List of Best Polytechnic Courses after 10th and 12th in India
Polytechnic Courses list after 10th and Polytechnic Courses after 12th is as follows:
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
- Diploma in Food Processing and Technology
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in EC Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering
- Diploma in IC Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
- Diploma in IT Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Genetic Engineering
- Diploma in Plastics Engineering
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- Agricultural Information Technology
- Diploma in Power Engineering
- Diploma in Production Engineering
- Diploma in Infrastructure Engineering
- Diploma in Motorsport Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgy Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
Polytechnic Courses – Duration
- The Polytechnic colleges offer postgraduate/diploma courses. They provide the courses for a duration of 3 years, 2 years and also 1 year. The 3-year diploma courses are Electrical Engineering, Architectural Assistantship, and so forth. The curriculum of this course designed to improve student’s theoretical and practical knowledge. That means the polytechnic courses taught in such a way to get a job in the respective field.
- The 2-year diploma courses include Library and Information Science, Pharmacy, and so forth. The 1-year diploma courses include Marketing & Sales Management, Beauty & Health Care, etc.
Polytechnic Courses – Eligibility Criteria
The student has to satisfy the eligibility criteria of the polytechnic where they are applying for admission. The eligibility criteria of each polytechnic admission vary from the other one. The following are the eligibility criteria for getting admission in Polytechnic courses.
- Students must have passed class 10th board examination.
- Students must have secured the qualified marks in mathematics and science subjects decided by the college.
- Students who have passed class 12th examination are also eligible.
Polytechnic Courses – Admission Process
A large number of polytechnic colleges are operating in India. So, the admission process of each polytechnic varies from the other. Some polytechnic colleges are government-aided, whereas others are operating privately. The admission process of polytechnics based on the type of colleges or institutes. However, the admission process of the govt. or reputed Polytechnic is on the basis of merit.
The deserving candidates should have passed the relevant entrance exam with qualified marks. Some polytechnic colleges conduct first come first serve admission process in various courses. The qualified students can choose the polytechnic colleges of their choice for admission. But, students must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the chosen polytechnic for admission.
Students are eligible to enroll in a B.E. or B.Tech. course in the second year by lateral entry. But, they should have completed their polytechnic course. The guidelines for this process vary from college to college. Some colleges offer admission on the basis of student’s polytechnic diploma course marks. Whereas some colleges conduct entrance exams to test the student’s knowledge. After clearing the entrance exam students can get admission in their B.E. or B.Tech. degrees.
Polytechnic Courses – Fees
The nominal tuition fees of around 2000 to 5000 per annum charged by the Govt. Polytechnic Colleges. Whereas the Self Financed Polytechnic Colleges charges approximately higher fees. In general, the Polytechnic college fees vary from one college to another. So, it could charge an average amount of around 10000 to 30000 per annum.
Students advised to checking their college website to know the exact tuition fees. Apart from tuition fees, other expenses like uniform fees, lab fees, hostel fees, etc. may also apply.
Polytechnic Courses – Career Opportunities
Students have a thorough knowledge of various subjects. Since they get the training provided by the polytechnic. Students trained all the basic skills of engineering in the polytechnic diploma courses. It helps them to execute these skills after completion of the polytechnic courses.
Most of the companies hire polytechnic pass out students without making it compulsory to enroll a B.E.or B.Tech. course. Students can get a diploma as well as a graduation degree within 6 years. A diploma degree becomes satisfactory for junior engineering jobs. Working candidates can start their own industries. It provides excellent employment opportunities in gulf countries. Some Government Polytechnic colleges offer on-campus recruitment.
Students can get many public and private sector jobs. Polytechnic diploma holders can get job offers from many companies. The Government or Public Sector companies provide good salary packages to these students. After completing polytechnic courses, students can seek jobs in the junior as well as in the technical level positions. These jobs are for both engineering as well as non-engineering students. The following is a list of the top govt. as well as the Public Sector companies who hire polytechnic diploma holders.
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Indian Army
- National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Indian Petro Chemicals Limited (IPCL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Infrastructure Development Agencies
- Irrigation Departments
- Public Work Departments
- Indian Railways
Many public sector companies offer jobs to polytechnic diploma holders. Companies that work in the domains of electronics, constructions, and so forth. These companies offer many roles for polytechnic degree holders. The following companies recruit polytechnic degree holders:
- Computer Engineering Firms such as Wipro, Polaris, HCL, TCS, etc.
- Communication Firms such as Idea Cellular, Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, etc.
- Automobiles such as Bajaj Auto, TATA Motors, Mahindra, Toyota, Maruti Suzuki, etc.
- Electrical Firms such as Siemens, Tata Power, BSES, L&T, etc.
- Airlines such as Jet Airways, Spicejet, Indigo, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering Firms such as Voltas, Hindustan Unilever, ACC Limited, etc.
- Construction Firms such as Mitas, GMR Infra, DLF, Unitech, Jaypee Associated, etc.
Regardless of these jobs, some people choose to be self-employed. Whereas, some start their own business after completion of a polytechnic course.
Polytechnic Courses – List of Colleges in India
Polytechnic courses are well known for providing a lot of employment opportunities. That is why the polytechnic colleges are operating in each district all over the states in India. The following is the list of best polytechnic colleges in India.
- Government Polytechnic in Mumbai
- VES Polytechnic (Vivekanand Education Society’s) in Mumbai
- S.H.J. Polytechnic (S.H. Jondhale) in Thane
- V.P.M. Polytechnic in Thane
- Govt. Women’s Polytechnic College in Bhopal
- Ananda Marga Polytechnic in Kolar
- Kalinga Polytechnic in Bhubaneswar
- South Delhi Polytechnic for Women in Delhi
- Govt. Women’s Polytechnic in Patna
- Baba Saheb Ambedkar Polytechnic in Delhi
FAQ’s on Polytechnic Courses
What is Polytechnic Courses?
A Polytechnic is a technical education college. It offers many industrial arts, applied sciences, and other courses. It teaches many types of technical and vocational courses.
What are the types of Polytechnic colleges available in India?
The following are the types of polytechnic colleges available in India.
- Government Polytechnic Colleges
- Private or Self Financed Polytechnic Colleges
- Women’s Polytechnic Colleges
What are the qualifications required to apply for Polytechnic Courses?
Students should have passed class 10th or class 12th board examinations to apply.
Are the Polytechnic colleges available in all states?
Yes, the polytechnic colleges are operating in each district all over the states in India.
Which companies offer jobs to Polytechnic diploma holders?
The Government and Public Sector companies offer jobs to the Polytechnic diploma holders.
Hope this article will help you to know more about Polytechnic Courses. For any queries related to Polytechnic Courses, leave it in the comment box to get in touch with us.