Notice Writing: A notice is a short composition which is direct, formal and straightforward in style. A notice is a very important form of written communication used by individuals and organisations to convey information about functions, events and occasions or to announce something that has happened or is about to happen. In the examination, it consists of 5 marks weightage.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of English Grammar Exercises for Class 9 ICSE. You have to learn basic English Grammer topics like Tenses, Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Notice Writing for Class 9 ICSE Format, Examples, Topics, Samples, Exercises
Points to be Kept in Mind while Writing a Notice
- Name of the organisation or institution issuing the notice.
- The word ‘Notice’
- Date of issue of the Notice – to be put on the left side.
- Heading (Subject of the notice).
- Contents include
- Target group (to whom it is addressed)
- What it is about.
- Why the notice is issued.
- Details of the event like date, time, venue, duration, number of persons and other details
- Signature, name and designation of the issuing authority
- The language used must be lucid and in third person, i.e. pronouns like I, me, you, mine, your etc should not be used.
- Usually present tense or future tense is used.
- Enclose the content of the notice in a box.
- Adhere to the word limit if given in the question.
- A notice should include some value points (necessary details) in order to make it precise and effective.
Format of Notice
You are Vandita of Class XII. As the Cultural Secretary of your school, draft a notice for an Inter School Fancy Dress Competition.
Type 1 Notice for Meeting
While writing a notice for a meeting, details need to be furnished are
- Who has called the meeting
- Purpose of the meeting or agenda
- Date and time/duration of the meeting
- Details of persons to attend/departments to attend
- Venue, specific instructions for the persons called for the meeting
- In case requiring further details, contact person with designation
Sample of Type 1 Notice
1. You are Abhishek/Avantika of Class X, Translam Academy, Kanpur. Being an Activity Coordinator, draft a notice to all the other Activity Council Members to discuss and plan the activities for Christmas Day celebration.
Translam Academy, Kanpur
20th December, 20XX
Activities for Celebration of Christmas Day
All the Activity Council members are informed to attend a meeting on 23rd December, 20XX at 10:30 am in the Biology Lab. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the activities for Christmas Day celebration. Members should come with their ideas and the estimated cost as well as the infrastructure required for the same.
1. You are Tripti/Trilok Lahiri, Secretary, ABI, School Cricket Association. It has been decided that a meeting of all.the members of the school cricket team be held to discuss plans and strategies for the coming Zonal Tournament. Write a notice informing the members of the team about the meeting and requesting them to attend it.
2. You are the Secretary of Sri Parthasarathy Sabha, Salem. Draft a notice to be sent to the members of the Sabha requesting them to attend an extraordinary meeting. Invent necessary details such as items on the agenda, date, time, etc. Sign as Kamal/Komal.
3. Your are Anuj/Anita, Head Boy/Girl of your school. Draft a notice inviting all the house captains to discuss about the coming annual day function.
4. You are Nikhil/Nikita, Secretary of‘Help Poor Child Club’ of your school. Draft a notice to be sent to all the members to attend meeting regarding fund collecting for flood affected poor children.
5. You are Manoj or Monika of class Xth. You are the captain of your school hockey team. Draft a notice towards all the players calling for an urgent meeting to discuss about the tomorrow match.
Type 2 Notice for Events
These notices include competition/tour/celebration/annual sports/cultural event etc.
- Who is organising it.
- Expenditure estimat
- Last date for depositing the advance (tour/visit)
- Contact person with designation
- Who can participate in it.
- Number of days (in case of tours/visit)
- Fare cost and other costs included
- Any specific instructions
Sample of Type 2 Notice
2. You are the Cultural Secretary of Delhi Public School, Roorkee. your school. You have been asked to inform students of Class VI to XII about an Inter-House Dramatics Competition. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words with necessary details.
Delhi Public School, Roorkee
20th January, 20XX
Inter-House Dramatics Competition
The school is organising an Inter-House Dramatics Competition (Class VI to XII) on 31st January in the School Auditorium. All the House Captains must submit the scripts of the play being enacted by their House to the undersigned latest by 25th January for making the necessary arrangements.
1. Your club is going to organise an Inter-Class Singing Competition. Write a notice inviting names of the students who want to participate in it. Give all the necessary details. You are Naveen/Navita, Secretary, Music Club, Akash Public School, Agra.
2. Every year in the central park of the city, a Flower Show is held in the month of February. Your school has received a circular from the District Collector inviting your students to visit it. Write a notice informing the students about the show and advising them to go and enjoy it. You are Amit/Amita, Head Boy/Head Girl, Sunrise Public School, Surat.
3. An Inter-School Kabaddi Competition is organised by your school. Write a notice, requesting the students to be present at the venue to encourage the players. Invent all the necessary details. You are Arjun, the Sports Captain of your school.
4. You are Mohan/ Mohini, Secretary, Social Activities Club of ABC School, Gokulpuri. The club has decided to launch a cleanliness drive in a slum colony near your school during the Dussehra holidays. Write a notice, informing Class X students of your school about the drive and urge them to volunteer their names for the programme. Give all the necessary details.
5. Your school has planned an excursion to Lonavala near Mumbai during the autumn holidays. Write a notice for your school notice board, giving detailed information and inviting the names of those who are desirous to join. Sign as Naresh/Namita, Head Boy/Head Girl, DV English School, Thane, Mumbai.
Type 3 Notice for Lost or Found
- Article/Object lost or found
- Where you lost or found it
- Description of the article like colour/size/model etc
- Date/Time/Day when you lost it/found it
- Whom to contact
- A suitable gift/reward for the person who returns that article/product
- Writer’s name and designation/class
Sample of Type 3 Notice
3. You are a student of Class X of Vanasthali Public School, Ludhiana. You have lost your hall ticket for the Board Examination. You have to put up a notice on your school notice board.
Vanasthali Public School, Ludhiana
1st March, 20XX
Loss of Hall Ticket
I lost my hall ticket for the Board Examination in the school playground during lunch time. It has my photograph along with my Roll No. 1234567. Anybody, who finds it, is requested to give it to me or to the Administrative Officer. The person finding it and handing it over will be handsomely rewarded.
1. You lost your Titan wrist-watch in your school. Draft a notice, in not more than 50 words, to be placed on your school notice board. You are a student of Class X of Rani Ahalya Devi Senior Secondary School, Gwalior. Sign as Rani/Ram.
2. You have lost your leather wallet, containing your examination entry ticket for Class X, while travelling by bus from Banshankari to MG Road in Bengaluru. Write a notice, to be published in ‘Deccan Herald’. You are Pranav/Parveen, 12 Gandhi Road, Bengaluru.
3. You are Ashok/Simi. You have lost your water bottle in the playground of your school. Draft a notice for the school notice board giving details.
4. You are Vikas/Vinita. You have found a bracelet near the washroom of your school. Draft a notice for the school notice board. Give details for the same.
5. You are Neha/Abhinav. You have found a gold earing in the canteen of your school. Write a notice for the school notice board.
Type 4 Notice for Seminar/Workshop/Debate or any other Literary Event
- Body organising it
- Speakers/Chief Guest/Honourable Persons
- Who can attend it
- Subject of the seminar/debate/workshop
- Specific instructions
- Duration of the programme
- Contact person/designation etc
Sample of Type 4 Notice
4. You are School Captain of Meerut Public School, Shastri Market, Varanasi. Write a notice informing the students of Class X about a guest lecture by Mr Rajiv, an environmentalist, on the topic ‘Conservation of Water’.
Meerut Public School, Varanasi
30th October, 20XX
Guest Lecture on Conservation of Water
All the students of class X are informed that there will be a guest lecture on ‘Conservation of Water’ by renowned environmentalist Mr Rajiv, on the coming Saturday i.e. 3rd November, 20XX in the School Auditorium from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. Attendance of Class X students is compulsory. For more information, contact the School Captain.
1. Chennai Book Society is going to organise a week-long book fair in the city during the coming autumn vacation. It has requested your school for volunteers to manage various counters. As Secretary, Cultural Club, Chennai Public School, write a notice inviting the names of those students who want to help. You are Lalith/Latha.
2. You are Rameshwaram/ Rameshwari, Secretary, Literary Club of ABC School, Vikaspuri. Your schoolmate, Gautam Adhikari; a budding writer, has won the first prize in the State Story Writing Competition. The club has decided to organise a function to felicitate him on his laudable achievement. Write a notice, informing all the students of your school about the function and urge them to attend it to make the occasion memorable. Give all the necessary details.
3. As Student Editor, draft a notice for your school notice board inviting articles from the students for your school magazine. You are Rohan/Rupini of Vasant Vihar School, Pune.
4. You are Nakul/Aashi, Head Boy/Head Girl of Jawahar Navodya Vidyalaya, Vadodra. You have been asked to draft a notice inviting the students to attend Career Counselling Workshop Organised by the Students’ Council of your school. Give details for the same.
5. You are Head Boy/Girl of your school. You have been asked to inform student of Class IX and X about an Inter-School Debate Competetion. Draft a notice for the student’s notice board with all necessary details.
Type 5 Notice for Appeal/Warning
- Whom to appeal/warn
- Issuing authority (if different from the person signing the notice)
- A slogan or message
- Important instructions
- Courteous way to appeal
- Name and designation of the issuing person
- Any punishment (if required, in case of warning type only)
Sample of Type 5 Notice
5. Recently it was in the news that a hurricane hit Odisha and around 13 districts were affected. Being the Head of Environment Society of your school, draft a notice for the students and staff appealing for donations of relief products like clothes, money, books and other articles.
Deewan Public School, Mysore
9th December, 20XX
Appeal for Donations
The Students’ Council has organised a rehabilitation drive for the victims of the recent hurricane in Odisha on 5th December, 20XX. One can donate money, clothes, books, articles like blanket, blazer, quilt etc for the victims of the hurricane. Certificates will be given to the highest contributors. For more information, contact the undersigned.
1. Sarvodaya Education Society, a charitable organisation, is coming to your school to distribute books among the needy students. As the Principal of Sunrise Public School, Surat, write a notice asking such students to drop the list of books they need in the box kept outside your office.
2. Very soon your school is going to be a centre for CBSE examinations. You have seen that during lunch break students of junior classes keep going around the examination rooms and make all kinds of noises. You are Tutorial Head of Akash Public School, Ajmer. Write a notice warning such students not to go near the examination rooms.
3. You are Kavita/Kavish, Head Boy/Girl of your school. Write a notice, warning all the students of class VI to XI not to bring mobile phones in school premises.
4. There have been many accidents just outside your school lately. As the Secretary of Awareness Society of your school, write a notice informing all the students of your school to be careful while driving their vehicles or walking along the road.
5. Cancer has been spreading very rapidly in our country. Tabacco products are the main reasons that cause this disease. You are the Head of Medical Welfare Club of your society. Write a notice making the people of your society aware of the bad effects of tabacco products.
Type 6 Notice for Change of Name/Residential/ Company Address etc
- Whom to inform about the change
- Reason for change
- Existing Name/Current Residential/Company Address
- New Name/Residential/Company Address
- Your name and signature
Sample of Type 6 Notice
6. You are proprietor of a company which has changed its office address from 2A, Phool Bagh Colony to Mangal Pandey Nagar. Draft a notice to be inserted in the local newspaper informing about the change of address.
25th March, 20XX
Change of Address
This is to inform all, that we have changed our office address from 2A, Phool Bagh Colony to 334/3, Mangal Pandey Nagar. All are requested to contact us at our new address.
1. You are Tanvi/Tarun. Draft a notice informing the students of class X about the change of name in Board form. Include all the necessary information.
2. You are the owner of ‘Green Garden’. Due to construction work in your restaurant, it has been shifted to a new building. Draft a notice informing your customers about the shifting of your restaurant and its new address.
3. You are Rohit/Rohini. You are the Head of the service centre of a mobile company. The office has been shifted to the third floor from the ground floor. Draft a notice informing all the employees and customers about the change of the place of your centre.
4. You are the Manager of a football club. Your team is to leave for Delhi to participate in a tournament tomorrow. Due to some reasons two players have been replaced with new players. Write a notice informing all the members about the change of the names of the players.
5. You are the main coordinator at your office. You have recently moved to Western Delhi from South Delhi. Draft a notice informing all your colleagues about the change of your residence with full detail of the new address.
Notice Writing Worksheets
You are the Secretary of Tours and Trips Society of Translam Academy International, Meerut. The school is organising a 20 days historical tour to some important places in South India. You have been asked by the Activity Coordinator to put up a notice inviting students interested in visiting those places. Write this notice to be put up on the school notice board.
Translam Academy International, Chandigarh
5th November, 20XX
The School Society is organising a 20 days historical tour to Chennai, Mysore, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari and Bengaluru during the winter break. Interested students must submit their parents’ acceptance letter along with ₹ 2500 by 15th November, 20XX to the undersigned or to their respective class teachers. The tour is only for students of classes IX to XII.
You are Secretary of AVM Housing Society. You are going to organise a Blood Donation Camp. Write a notice, urging the members of your society to come in large numbers for this noble cause. Invent all the necessary details.
AVM Housing Society, Ghaziabad
11 th March, 20XX
Blood Donation Camp
The AVM Society is organising a Blood Donation Camp on 15th March, 20XX in the Community Hall from 11 am onwards. Qualified doctors will be available to carry out the procedure. Residents above the age of 18 and below 50 years with a good medical health are urged to volunteer in large number for this noble cause.
You are School Pupil Leader of Rani Laxmi Bai Senior Secondary School, Gwalior. Draft a notice for your school notice board Inviting the names of the students who want to participate in the cultural programme organised in aid of the victims of the recent Assam floods.
Rani Laxmi Bai Senior Secondary School, Gwalior
15 th September, 20XX
Help for the Victims of the Assam Floods
The school is organising a cultural programme on 25th September, 20XX in aid of the victims of the recent Assam floods. Those, who are interested to participate, may give their names to their respective class teachers before 20th September, 20XX. For further information, please contact the undersigned.
Draft a notice as Secretary of Lion’s Club, Dwarka to inform all the members about the Diwali Mela and sale of items.
Lion’s Club, Patna
5 th October, 20XX
The Lion’s Club, Dwarka is organising a ‘Diwali Mela’ on Sunday 13th October, 20XX from 10 am to 8 pm in the Club Ground. There will be sale of various items like sweets, toys etc along with snacks and beverages.
Registration for stalls is open till 12th October, 20XX. For details, contact the undersigned.
As Librarian of Crescent International School, Gwalior, draft a notice asking all students and teachers to return the library books they have borrowed, two days before the commencement of the examination.
Crescent International School, Gwalior
24th February, 20XX
Last Date for Returning of Library Books
Students are reminded to submit the library books issued to them latest by 1st March, 20XX to avoid the undesirable situation of being debarred from sitting for the final examination. Teachers are also requested to return the books on time to help in completing the stock-verification of library books. Your prompt action will be appreciated.
You are Cultural Captain of your school. Write a notice for singers to compete for the HM Award. Winners will get a chance to visit London for a song sequence for the HM Album.
St. Xavier Public School, Mumbai
3rd November, 20XX
Opportunity for Pop Stars
The Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 20XX invites popular singers to compete for the Hannah Montana Award to be held at National Kala Kendra Bhawan, Mumbai on 14th November, 20XX. The winners shall visit London to record a song sequence for the HM Album. Keeping the eligibility criteria in view, enrol yourself by 8th November, 20XX. For further queries, contact the undersigned.
You are the Principal of St. Thomas School. Write a notice informing students and parents about the ‘Obesity Camp’ to be organised by Jessa Ram Hospital.
St. Thomas School, Hyderabad
23rd March, 20XX
The ‘Perfect Health’ unit of Jessa Ram Hospital is organising an Obesity Camp on 30th March, 20XX from 9 am to 5 pm in our school MI Room for the students, school faculty and the parents of our students, in the school premises as given below. Renowned Dr Ajay Gupta will be the Chief Guest of the camp and will share knowledge on obesity and its ill effects. All students should inform their parents about this event.
Young astronauts have to be selected for ‘Mission NASA’. The preliminary round will be conducted in Modern School. Write a notice inviting students who wish to become astronauts to take the preliminary round for final selection. You are the Director of Science Research Centre.
Science Research Centre
8th July, 20XX
Mission NASA for Dream Astronauts
All students, who are appearing for class XII ICSE Exam this year, are eligible for the preliminary round (Entrance Exam) of Mission NASA that will be conducted at Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi on Sunday i.e. 19th July, 20XX.
You are the Cultural Secretary of RM Public School, Alkapuri, Vadodara. You have been asked to inform students of class IX to XII about an Inter-School Dramatics Competition. Draft a notice for the students’ notice board with all necessary details.
RM Public School, Vadodra
20th December, 20XX
Opportunity for Budding Actors
An Inter-School Dramatics Competition will be held on 27th December, 20XX at Town Hall. An audition will be held to select students for the school team on 25 December, 20XX from 11 : 30 am in the School Auditorium. Class IX to XII students are eligible to take part in competition. Last date for giving names is 24th December, 20XX. For further details, contact undersigned.
You are the Cultural Secretary of MRV Public School, Hyderabad. You have been asked to inform students of class IX and XII about the auditions for an Inter-school Dramatics Competition. Draft a notice for the students’ Notice board with all necessary details.
MRV Public School, Hyderabad
1st August, 20XX
Dramatics Competition Audition
An Inter-School Dramatics Competition will be held on 20th August, 20XX at Nalanda Hall. An audition will be held to select students for the school team. Interested candidates may give their names to the undersigned. The details of the audition are given below
You are the Secretary of the English Literary Association of Tagore Memorial School, Patna. Write a notice for notice board inviting names of those who would like to participate in the proposed Inter-House Debate, Oratorical and Elocution contest.
Tagore Memorial School, Patna
15th August, 20XX
The English Literary Association invites participants in the following contests to be held in the school auditorium.
You are the President of the Literary Club of your school. You have organised an Inter-School debate competition on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of your school. Write a notice informing the students of your school about the competition.
Sophia International, Kanpur
6th December, 20XX
The Literary Club is organising an Inter-School Debate Competition on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebration of school as per details given below