NITI Aayog Internship 2020: NITI Aayog Internship has been initiated by the Government of India in 2015. Based on the experience in the past years a review was made. Now in supersession of all the preceding guidelines in this regard, NITI Aayog declares the revised Internship Scheme. This Scheme tries to engage students seeking Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, as “Interns”.
These “Interns” will be given exposure to multiple Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to complete the process of analysis within NITI Internship Aayog through practical collection and comparison of in-house and other information. For the “Interns” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in promoting their future interests.
The goal of this scheme is to provide short term exposure of “selected candidates” with the different Verticals/Divisions/Units of NITI Aayog, Government of India as ‘Interns. Candidates will have to apply ONLINE by filling up the registration form. The internship will be on an unpaid basis. The internship shall be available throughout the year based on the requirements of NITI Aayog.
NITI Aayog Internship Eligibility
- Bonafide students of any recognized University/Institution within India or abroad.
- Undergraduate students, who have completed/appeared in the term-end exams of the second year/4th semester of the bachelor degree course and secured 85% or more marks in 12th class.
- Graduate candidates who have completed/appeared in the term-end exams of the first year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or persuing research/Ph.D. and secured 70% or more marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that:
- They have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the NITI Aayog Internship result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December.
How To fill NITI Aayog Internship Form?
Follow the steps for How to fill NITI Aayog Internship Application Form and NITI aayog Internship application status:
- Interested candidates may apply online only in the address link to be designated on the website of NITI Aayog during 1st to 1Oth of every month.
- The application can only be made six months in advance but not later than 2 months before the month in which the internship is desired. For example, if any candidates want to join the internship program which is beginning in the month of Apr-19 then he/she can apply from the month of Oct- 18 to Feb- 18. The application will be valid for the desired month.
- Candidates must also clearly show the area of interest in the required field.
- An applicant can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The candidates who do not until the eligibility requirements, their applications shall be rejected by the system automatically.
- The selected candidate has to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be canceled.
NITI Aayog Internship Selection Criteria
- All the applications received online will be made available online to the concerned Heads of Verticals/Units/Divisions and OSDs/Senior Consultants/Consultants in NITI Aayog for further scrutiny and selection of eligible candidates.
- The Heads of Verticals/Divisions/Units can take a maximum of 3 (three) interns for Internships at a time. This number may be relaxed beyond 3 (three) with the permission of CEO, Niti Aayog. The decision of the Adviser regarding the suitability of a candidate as an intern shall be final and binding.
- The selected applicants may be asked by the vertical/ division to submit the soft copy of their NOC from their Head of the Department/Principal by giving sufficient time before issuance of the offer letter by the vertical head. It also has to be indicated in the NOC that the student would not be registered for any course requiring his/her attendance in the class during the period of internship. The vertical/division has to obtain the original NOC issued by the college/institution at the time of joining of the candidate and also verify his/her eligibility from the original documents. If any discrepancy is found, the candidature of the candidate will be canceled by the Vertical.
- The concerned vertical/division will upload the list of selected candidates on NITI Aayog’s website.
- Depending upon the number of applications received against a particular domain/area, NITI Aayog reserves the right to fix up the eligibility criteria, limit the number of applicants to be called for a particular period and to decide about the mode of screening thereof
- The concerned heads of Verticalsl Divisions/Units and OSDs/Senior Consultants/Consultants shall be personally responsible for ensuring that the work program and output mutually agreed upon with the Intern is satisfactorily completed. Interns sha11 be required to submit a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the Heads of the concerned VerticaislDivisions/Units and OSDs/Senior Consultants/ Consultants about their learning experience.
- Seminars/presentations can be conducted by the concerned Heads of particular Verticals/Divisions/Units and OSDs/ Senior Consultants for their interns.
Domains Available for NITI Aayog Internship
- Data Management and Analysis
- Education/Human Resources Development
- Energy Sector
- Foreign Trade / Commerce
- Health, Nutrition, Women & Child Development
- Infrastructure connectivity
- Mass Communications and Social Media
- Mining Sector
- Natural Resources, Environment & Forests
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project appraisal and management.
- Public Finances/Budget
- Public-Private Partnership
- Rural Development and SDGs
- Science and Technology
- Skill Development & Employment
- Social justice and empowerment
- Sports and Youth Development.
- Tourism and culture
- Urbanization / smart city.
- Water Resources
A certificate regarding successful completion of the internship shall be issued by the Adviser of the concerned Subject Division in the enclosed format. It may be strictly observed that the conduct of the interns and their access to data shall be the sole responsibility of the concerned Advisers/Heads of Verticals on1y. NITI Aayog reserves the right to review the scheme at any time. The Scheme so reviewed will be placed on the website of NITI Aayog.CEO, NITI Aayog will have the power to relax any of the conditions mentioned above, in respect of any deserving candidate.
FAQ’s on NITI Aayog Internship
What is the minimum percentage of attendance required while doing the NITI Aayog Internships?
While doing an internship in NITI Aayog, the candidate should have a minimum of 75% attendance and they have to mark In and Out time on a daily basis. In the case of less than 75% attendance, no extension of the internship period is allowed and no experience certificate will be issued. The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the Heads of the Verticals/Divisions/Units and OSDs/Senior Consultants/Consultants.
What is the period of the NITI Aayog Internship?
The period of Internship shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding six months. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
What facilities will be provided in NITI Aayog Scheme?
Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NITI Aayog sha11 provides them with working space, internet facility, and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads.
What is the Objective of the NITI Aayog Scheme?
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NITI Aayog’s work for mutual benefit.
- The “Interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the Government’s functioning and Developmental Policy issues in the Government of India and contribute to the Policy formulation by generating policy inputs such as empirical analysis, briefing reports, policy papers, etc.