NIOS Online Admission 2019-20: NIOS Online Admission applications 2019-20 are available now. Candidates who are Interested can fill the NIOS application form before the last date. The aspiring candidates have to apply through online mode only.
NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS develop the academic and vocational education programs based on need up to pre-degree level. If students are not able to give exam of all subjects at once, they can choose NIOS which provides liberty to give exam two times in a year selecting only a few subjects but for not all course. In this way, a learner can give exams of all subjects one by one.
The main purpose of NIOS is to advance the quality of education for Open and Distance learning programs and making it powerful through research and development activities. NIOS is giving open schooling at national as well as the global level and sharing sources and study material, like CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations) and other boards. The value of NIOS passed candidate is equivalent to these boards, both in India and Abroad.
NIOS has multichannel delivery methods for the transaction to pick courses and programs. It comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development of India. It also implements a technical as well as financial assistance to State Government for setting/Scaling up of SOS (State Open Schools).
Candidates have the opportunity to fill the NIOS admission form now. Apply before the last date else the application will be closed and candidates will not be able to apply. Applicants must make sure that they provide genuine information and upload all the required documents.
NIOS Online Admission Overview
Let us take an overview of the NIOS admission for this year.
|Category||NIOS Admission 2019-20|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Open Schooling|
|Mode of Learning||Open|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Frequency of admission/examination||Two times a year|
|Programs||Class X and XII|
NIOS Online Admission Procedure
There are four streams of On-line admission catering to learners with different needs. The admissions in these four streams are mutually independent i.e., the candidate can choose for one of them only. The admission dates and fees for the present academic year 2019-20 is mentioned below.
On-line Admission for All Learners Stream 1
In this stream, Online Admission is open for all the learners as per set down eligibility criteria for the Secondary and the Senior Secondary programs. The important dates for Online Admission for stream-1 from the admission session 2019-20 are as given below as per each Block (1 and 2).
Block 1 (Exam Date – April/May 2020)
- Admission dates from 16th March – 31 July without late fee.
- Admission dates from 1st August – 15th August Rs.200/- late fee.
- Admission dates from 16th August to 31st August with Rs.400/- late fee.
- Admission dates from 1st Sept. to 15th Sept with Rs.700/- late fee.
Block 2 (Exam Date – October/November 2020)
- Admission dates from 16th Sept. to 31st January without late fee.
- Admission dates from 1st February to 15th FebruaryRs.200/- late fee.
- Admission dates from 16th February to 28th February with Rs.400/- late fee.
- Admission dates from 1st March. to 15th March with Rs.700/- late fee.
On-line Admission for All Learners (Block 2) Stream 2
- In this stream, On-line admission open from 1st May to 30th June 2019.
- It is applicable for all those students who had appeared but could not pass
- Or who were eligible but could not appear in the Public Examination of Secondary/Senior Secondary level from any recognized Board and fulfill entry requirement of age, address proof, etc.
- The learners of this stream will be eligible to appear for the exam, in the month of October-November, 2019, for Secondary/ Senior Secondary Public Examinations of NIOS on the basis of original failed mark-sheet/ admit card (Hall Ticket) issued by the Parent Board.
Stream 3 (On Demand Examination System (ODES) – Secondary Level)
- This stream is open throughout the year for admission in Secondary Level
- Only learners who have passed the Secondary Examination from recognized Board and want to get admission in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their qualification.
- Or Learners who have appeared for the exam but could not pass.
- Or Learners who were eligible but could not appear for NIOS Public Exam.
- Learners who want to appear through On Demand Examination System of NIOS for the Secondary level only and entry requirement of age, address proof.
- The candidates may upload the failed mark-sheet/Admit Card along with supporting documentation and attach photograph on appropriate space available in the Online Admission Form.
- Applicants who have applied for TOC(Transfer of Credit) have to send original failed mark-sheet mentioning the Reference Number on the back side of the document to Online Cell, NIOS, Room No. 408, A-24-25, Institutional Area, Sector-62, NOIDA-201309, Uttar Pradesh.
- Subjects Available through ODES are
|Hindi (201), English (202), Sanskrit (209), Mathematics (211), Science & Technology (212), Social Science (213), Economics (214), Business Studies (215), Home Science (216), Psychology (222), Indian Culture & Heritage (223), Painting (225) and Data Entry Operations (229).|
Stream 4 (On Demand Examination System (ODES) – Senior Secondary Level)
- This stream is open throughout the year for admission in Senior Secondary Level.
- Learners who have passed the Senior Secondary or above from any recognized Board/University and want to take part admission in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their qualification
- Learners who had appeared but could not pass the exam
- Learners who were eligible but could not arrive in the Public examination of Senior Secondary level from any recognized Board and want to appear through On Demand Examination System of NIOS at the Senior Secondary level and fulfill entry requirement of age, address proof.
- The learners may upload the failed mark-sheet/Admit Card along with the required document and attach photograph on appropriate space available in the online Admission Form for confirmation.
- Applicants who have applied for TOC (Transfer of Credit) have to send original failed mark-sheet mentioning the Reference Number on the back side of the document to Online Cell, NIOS, Room No. 408, A-24-25, Institutional Area, Sector-62, NOIDA-201309, Uttar Pradesh.
- Subjects Available through ODES are
|Hindi (301), English (302), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics (311), Physics (312), Chemistry(313), Biology (314), History (315), Geography (316), Political Science (317), Economics (318), Business Studies (319), Accountancy (320), Home Science (321), Psychology (328), Sociology (331), Painting (332), Environmental Science (333), Mass Communication (335), Data Entry Operations (336). and Introduction to Law (338).|
Points to be Noted
- Learners registering under Stream – 3 and Stream – 4 will be allowed to appear in the Examination only through On Demand Examination mode (ODES). They will not be allowed to appear in the Examination through the Public Examination conducted by NIOS during October/November and April/May.
- The learners registered under any stream will be eligible for TOC as per guidelines and conditions are given by the conducting body.
- A learner registering under Stream – 2, Stream – 3, Stream – 4 and desires to take different subjects or additional subject from Parent Board, they have to pay Rs. 600/- per subject in addition for Admission Fee, Exam Fee and TOC fee.
- Aadhaar Card is compulsory for admission in Streams 2, 3 and 4.
NIOS Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are applying for NIOS admissions have to check whether they are eligible as per the criteria mentioned by the National Institute of Open Schooling.
For Admission in Class 10th or Secondary Course
- Student age must be 14 years as on 31st July 2019 for Block I and Block II
- The student must have a class 8th certificate from a recognized board as proof of minimum qualification.
For Admission in Class 12th or Higher Secondary Course
- The student must be of 15 years of age as on 31st July 2019 for Block I and Block II
- The student must have qualified class 10th from a recognized board and must have a secondary certificate.
NIOS Application Form
- NIOS admission is based on online application mode.
- Interested applicants can apply within the defined dates. No candidate can apply after the closing date
- Candidates must go through the NIOS prospectus and all the instructions before applying.
- Applicants must keep all the documents along with them while filling the application form and they must refer the documents to fill the details to avoid mistakes.
NIOS Application Fee
- All the aspirants have to pay an application fee of Rs.400 for each subject.
- Fees can be paid through online mode (Credit Card /Debit Card/Net Banking), or through Electronic Wallet of Common Service Centres (CSCs)
- In case of cancellation of admission, an application fee of the candidate will be refunded to them.
How To Fill The NIOS Admission Form?
Candidates can fill the application form for admission in NIOS via online mode in the official website. Check out the step by step process here to fill the form
- Visit the official website of NIOS, click on “register” button and fill the required details and click on submit button.
- The application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill the required basic details such as name, father’s and mother’s name, mobile number, email id and click on Generate OTP.
- OTP will be generated, then fill the other details.
- Upload the documents, scan copy of the photo, id proof, signature and click on Next button.
- Username and Password will be generated. Keep this credential saved for future use.
- Now, fill all the optional and miscellaneous details.
- Select the subjects as per the course and give details of previous qualification details.
- Select the study center as per your preference. Maximum 3 study centers can be selected.
- Review all the details once and click on the Next option.
- Now, candidates have to make the payment of the prescribed application fee.
- After submitting the fee, candidates will receive a Fee Payment Receipt through email and SMS.
- Take the print out of the filled application form and keep for reference.
Note – Candidates can do the payment later by logging in the student portal later, using the username and password.
NIOS Admission – Documents Required
- Recent Passport size color Photograph
- A valid ID proof (such as Aadhaar Card or Ration card or Passport etc.)
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or Aadhaar Card with the date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yy format etc.)
- Class 8th mark-sheet for admission in the secondary course).
- Class 10th mark-sheet for the senior secondary course.
- Residence proof (like Aadhaar Card/ Water Bill/Electricity Bill/ Ration Card/Passport /Voter ID/ Indian Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head)
- Caste/ Social Category Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC category).
- Ex-serviceman Certificate (if the candidate’s father is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability Certificate (in case of disability)
- Fail mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (TOC) marks will not be updated in NIOS result. If TOC Board marked with (*Other) is selected, then the result should be available on the concerned Board Website else candidate has to submit a result verification letter from concerned Board as per the norms of NIOS.
NIOS Online Admission Instructions To Be Followed
- Application forms for Block II are available till 31st January 2019.
- Applicants have to apply only through online mode only and there is no offline medium available.
- Admission forms submitted without the required documents will be rejected.
- Application fee has to be submitted through online mode only.
- Applicants are advised to present accurate information in the form and should also upload authoritative documents. In case of any discrepancy, conducting authority shall cancel the admission of the candidate.
- ID cards for all the candidates will be provided by NIOS carrying their information. Check the details and let know the discrepancies to the concerned NIOS regional office.
National Institute of Open Schooling,
A-24/25, Institutional Area,
Sector – 62,Noida,
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar
Uttar Pradesh – 201 309
Phone No. – 0120-4089899
Email- [email protected]