NIOS On-Demand Exam 2019: The National Institute of Open Schooling has decided to conduct On-Demand Examinations for those learners who could not clear their papers or appear due to any reason from CBSE and any other recognized Board in India from 1st June 2019. Students can register for the exam from 1st May 2019. The exam will be conducted on 1st June 2019 and results will be declared within 45 days after the examination. There will be no On-Demand Examination during the month of April, May, October, and November.
The facility of Transfer of Credit (TOC) od ‘2’passed paper from your board will be taken by the NIOS and the learner will have to write only 3 papers for certification. For certification, learners are required to pass 5 subjects with a maximum of 2 languages.
Latest: The online registration for Stream-1 Block-2 has been started. Click Here to apply.
NIOS ODES 2019
NIOS has been working on the concept of On-Demand Examination (ODE) at Secondary Level since 2003 in the area of its feasibility and operationalization. The novel concept of ODE is a great step in the direction of flexibility to open and distance learning. This will make the total system of examination independent of the time frame and will help the student to take up the examinations as per their wish and preparation.
The basic concept of On-Demand Examination is that NIOS Student can walk into the examination center as and when he/she feel ready for the examination. NIOS re-introduced the ODES at Secondary level in 2005. With the success of ODE at Secondary level, NIOS started the On-Demand Examination in Sr.Secondary also from October 2007. At present, ODES is being conducted at NIOS HQ at NOIDA and at its Regional Centres/sub-centers of NIOS in the following subjects at Secondary and Sr.Secondary level.
|Exam Name||NIOS On-Demand Exam 2019|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Open Schooling|
|Registration||1st May 2019|
|Exam Date||1st June 2019|
|Medium Of Exam||English and Hindi|
- The Regional Medium Candidates who want to appear through the On-Demand Examination will have a choice of Answering the Question Paper in the respective Regional Medium and no Regional Medium Question Paper will be provided in On-Demand Examination.
- Question Paper of the ODES Sr. Secondary and Secondary is based on the Question Bank of the new syllabus only except for the subject of Sr. Sec. of Common Core Curriculum.
NIOS On-Demand Exam Eligibility Criteria
For Secondary Course
- The minimum age to take admission is 14 years as on 31st July 2019 (born on or before 31.07.2005).
- A learner giving a self-certificate “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” is eligible.
- A learner who had studied at the secondary level can seek admission, either to complete his course or to improve his performance.
- A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate (Theory plus practical) in a Public Examination.
- Pass in 5 subjects with minimum one but not more than two languages.
For Senior Secondary Course
- The minimum age to take admission is 15 years. As on 31st July 2019 (born on or before 31.07.2004).
- The learner must have passed the Secondary course from a recognized Board.
- A minimum of 33% in aggregate in the Public Examination.
- Pass in 5 subjects with minimum one but not more than two languages.
NIOS On-Demand Exam Registration
- Visit the NIOS website www.nios.ac.in and under On-Demand Examination Click upon the Registration for Examination only for existing learners. sdmis.nios.ac.in/registration
- Give your Enrolment Number and click the Submit button
- After that, the registration form will appear where you have to Register for the Examination. Here you have the choice of Selecting your Exam Centre.
- If you choose the Examination Centre as respective regional Kendriya Vidyalas (KVs), Filled in Application form should reach to the concerned Regional Centre Within 5 days from the date of Registration.
- If you choose the exam center as HQ Noida, then Filled in Application form should reach to the ODE UNIT at A 31 Sec 62 NOIDA Within 5 days from the date of Registration.
- You can register only for those subjects for which you have taken admission.
- After submitting the Form you have to make the payment through online mode only.
- Please write your Enrolment Number at the back of the Demand Draft.
Note: The registration is valid only for those students who have already taken admission
NIOS On-Demand Exam Fees
- Secondary level – Rs.500/- + Rs.200/- extra for subject involving practical
- Senior Secondary level – Rs.500/- + Rs.200/- extra for a subject involving practical.
NIOS On-Demand Exam Subjects
Below is the list of subjects available for Secondary and Senior secondary Programs.
Secondary Level Program
|Hindi (201), English (202), Sanskrit (209), Mathematics (211), Science & Technology (212), Social Science (213), Economics 214), Business studies (215), Home Science (216), Word Processing (219), Psychology (222), Indian Culture & Heritage (223), Painting (225).|
Senior Secondary Level Program
|Hindi (301), English (302), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics (311), Physics (312), Chemistry (313), Biology (314),History (315), Geography (316), Political Sc.(317), Economics (318), Business Studies (319), Accountancy (320), Home Science (321), Psychology (328), Sociology (331), Painting (332) Environmental Science (333),Data Entry Operations (336) and Introduction to Law (338).|
NIOS On-Demand Exam TOC
- Ex-Secondary/Senior Secondary learners of the following Boards of School Education who have passed in at least one subject, but have not qualified in the course, may seek admission in the respective course at NIOS and avail facility of TOC.
- A learner should seek Transfer of Credits (TOC) at the time of admission in the subjects which are included in the NIOS scheme of studies.
- The learners who had applied for Transfer of Credit (TOC) have to send an original failed mark sheet mentioning the Reference Number on the back of Mark Sheet to Online Cell, NIOS, Room No. 408, A-24-25, Institutional Area, Sector-62, NOIDA-201309, Uttar Pradesh.
Supporting Documents for Admission
- Recent Passport size color Photograph
- Signature (preferably in Black Ink)
- Valid ID proof(Identity card)
- Residence Proof(like Aadhaar card with complete address)
- Address proof i.e. Aadhaar Card/Water Bill/Electricity Bill/Voter ID/Ration Card/Indian Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – a copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement)
- Class 10th Marksheet(passed or failed) in case of the secondary program
- Class 12th mark sheet(passed or failed) in case of the senior secondary program
- Caste/ Category Certificate(in case of SC/ST/OBC social category)
- Ex-serviceman certificate (in case he/she is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability certificate
- Fail Mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (TOC) marks will not be updated in NIOS result. If TOC Board marked with (*Other) is selected then the Result should be available on the Concerned Board Website or Learner has to submit result verification letter from Concerned Board as per NIOS norms
NIOS On-Demand Exam Results and Certification
- After due processing, the ODES result will be announced and declared through the NIOS web site during the last week of every month for the examinations conducted during the headed month.
- The mark sheet and other certificates will be printed only for overall pass students by the M&M unit and will be sent to the concerned Regional Centre for release, to the individual candidate.
- The other candidates requiring mark sheet can send their request through an application attaching the Internet print out and bank draft of Rs.100/- in favor of Secretary, NIOS, payable at NOIDA to Section Officer ( M&M unit), National Institute of Open Schooling A-24-25, Institutional Area, Sector-62, NOIDA, U.P. 201309
- For the purpose of Mark Sheets and certification, all the aspirants appearing during May till October will be counted under the April Examination of that year. And all the applicants appearing during November till April will be considered under the preceding October Examination.
- “Re-Checking” or “Re-Evaluation” as per NIOS examination norms is allowed in the case of ODES also. The candidate may apply to Director (Evaluation) for this on the prescribed proforma available on the NIOS web site along with requisite fees mentioned in the proforma.
Note: NIOS has released the On-Demand March Exam 2019 Result. Click Here to Check Results.
Key Features of On Demand Exam
- Allows the Student to attempt the exam when he/ she is ready. Readiness depends on the learners and not on the institution.
- Attempts to remove the stress of appearing in the examination, whether for all subjects or in one subject at a fixed time and schedule.
- Attempts to remove the threat of failure in examination.
- Removes frustration, loss of self-esteem, peer group ridicule, depression, etc.
- Knowledge of results is almost immediate and success, even in one subject, is a strong motivating factor.
- Degree and level of accomplishment are decided by the Student who can reappear in the examination as many times as one wants, till satisfied.
- Misbehaviors will be reduced, as it is a system where the tools for evaluation are unique to an individual Student. Every question paper for each Student is different having a comparable difficulty level.
- Respects the individuality and freedom of each Student.