Letter of Invitation: An invitation letter serves the purpose of inviting a guest to a party, event or celebration. It conveys more information than a traditional invitation card. It serves two purposes; one, to invite the individual to the event and two, to ensure that the person receiving the letter is going to attend.
There are two tenses used within the invitation letter, the present and the future. The present tense conveys information about the event and the future tense ensures the guest is going to attend.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of English Grammar Exercises for Class 10 ICSE. You have to learn basic English Grammer topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Letter of Invitation Class 10 ICSE Format, Examples, Topics, Samples, Exercises
Keep the following in mind:
1. The professional invitation should be written in a formal tone.
2. The introduction allows the host and sender to introduce themselves, as well as the organization which they have chosen to represent. A simple background of the individual or company will suffice.
3. In the body of the letter it is important to outline all of the information about the event. The date and time should be included as well as the theme and purpose for the event. At this point, a date should be mentioned in which guests should provide their reply by, and it may also contain any information regarding special roles played at the event and items required for the guest to bring.
4. Be sure to mention any specifications about the dress code.
5. The appreciation for the guest to attend the party should-be shown. This can be completed with a formal note, stating that you look forward to seeing the individual at the event. Remember, this needs to keep in tone with the rest of the letter.
6. The conclusion should contain the sign off and a line that ties the complete letter together, drawing the end of the invitation, with a salutation and a signature.
Personal Invitation Letter
A personal invitation letter is similar to a business letter but contains less formal information.
Friendly invitation letters are used for a variety of reasons from birthday parties, housewarming ceremonies to wedding invitations.
When sending an invitation letter, be sure to edit it completely, ensuring there are no punctuation, grammatical or spelling errors before the letter is sent to potential guests.
Sample Invitation Letter 1 (Formal)
(Follow the template of a formal letter)
Mumbai Middle School
5th September, 20XX
Subject: Invitation for Project Presentation
Dear Mrs. Circar,
My name is Ruby Mittal and I am writing on behalf of the students of Mumbai Middle School.
A significant number of the students at the school have been working on a project which relates to the unemployment problem within the youth . You are invited to attend a presentation that will be held in the media room of the school where a variety of proposals will be put forth by students that will demonstrate the ability of the community to develop employment opportunities for the youth.
At the presentation, there will be several students receiving awards in recognition for their efforts from the Mayor.
As one of the prominent figures in the community, we would be honored by your attendance. Our special presentation will be held at our school auditorium on September 16th 20XX. Please reply by Monday, the 9th of September, 20 to confirm your presence to the function.
We look forward to seeing you there,
Sample Invitation Letter 2 (Informal)
( Follow the template of a personal letter)
B-26, Anand Lok
15th November, 20XX
On this joyous occasion, I wish to share the day with my close friends. The formal event will be located in New Delhi, at the Lake Golf and Country Club on the twelfth of February, 8 p.m. onwards.
I will be sending you the formal invite in the form of the wedding card too. This letter is to ensure that you keep the day free.
I hope to see you on the special day to share my happiness.
Suggested Outlines of Letters of Invitation
1. You and your friends from your colony have decided to put up a special show on August 15,20XX. Write a letter to the residents of the colony inviting them for the function.
- Indicate the time when the function will be held.
- Highlight the theme of the function.
2. You are turning sixteen in September. Write a letter to your friend in Washington inviting her for the special party.
- Write the date and time of the party.
- Your plans of having a big celebration.
- Ask her to spend some days with you.
3. You are the Secretary of the Cultural Club of your school. Your school is organizing an inter class drama competition. Invite the Principal of another school to be the judge of this competition.
- Write the date and time of the competition.
- Which classes will participate?
- Mention the itinerary of events that will take place.
4. You live in Delhi. Your friend lives in Chennai. Invite her to see the Diwali festival in Delhi and how it is celebrated.
- Tell her the date when the festivities commence and when they end.
- Describe all that you do on Diwali.
- Tell her it will be fun for her to see a different festival.
5. The Annual Sports Day in your school is being held. You are leading the march past and also participating in the races. Invite your colony friends to watch the sports day.
- Tell them the venue and the time.
- Write what events they can watch.
- Mention the other attractions that will be available at the event.