Letter of Complaint: A formal letter of complaint is an effective way to alert the authorities of concerning problem, issues or faulty goods. You require to collect/gather all the information required so as to place a complaint. Express your grievances, and produce any material of proof, if available, so that your complaint appears to be a genuine one.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of English Grammar Exercises for Class 10 ICSE. You have to learn basic English Grammer topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Letter of Complaint Class 10 ICSE Format, Examples, Topics, Samples, Exercises
Keep the following in mind:
- Include information on time, date, location, service records, any previous communication, invoice, etc., to support your complaint.
- Always enclose copies of the above mentioned documents along with your letter. Never place the documents of proof in original with the letter.
- The tone must be polite but firm.
- Express yourself clearly.
- Give details of the cause of the complaint.
- Make a request for corrective action to be taken.
Sample Letter 1
F-25 Sector Gamma
15th September, 20XX
The Chief Medical Officer
Subject: Poor sanitation conditions in the Hospital.
I am writing to complain about the poor sanitation conditions in Hinduja hospital. I had accompanied my grandfather to the hospital yesterday i.e., 14th September, 20 and was appalled by the dirt and filth all around. I saw that the drains were overflowing, garbage bins were overflowing, washrooms were stinking and corridors were unswept.
Dirt anywhere is a source of concern, but more so in a hospital. Patients who come here need a healthy environment as the first step towards recovery. The hospital is so dirty that even healthy people are at the risk of falling ill.
I request you to exercise your authority and ensure that the hospital and its surrounding area is cleaned. This is the least that can be expected by people approaching to the hospital for treatment.
Sample Letter 2
N 12, SFS Flats
20th August, 20XX
Subject: Damage caused to the Taj Mahal
I recently visited the Taj Mahal on a school trip to Agra. The Taj Mahal is a magnificent monument and a jewel in India’s crown. It’s white splendor and beauty is spell bounding and architecture of so many years is amazing.
However I would like to bring to your kind attention the fact that certain portions of marble are getting coated with a certain brown material. This most probably is soot material flowing out from factories located nearby. As we stood on the ramparts of the Taj we could see factories nearby emitting black smoke.
I would request you to issue notices to these polluting factories to close down and shift their units to a different location. This is essential to save this great monument from decay and preserve its heritage for generations to come.
Hope you will act on my complaint urgently.
Suggested Outlines of Letter of Complaint
1. Write a letter to the Chief Engineer of MCD complaining about the poor condition of the roads in your area.
- Indicate the address where the affected roads are located.
- Since when have they not been repaired.
- Dangers to children, cars and passerby’s because of the damaged roads.
2. Write a letter to your cable operator complaining about the unavailability of many channels though you have been charged for them.
- Mention the plan that you are using.
- Which channels were promised to you in the plan.
- The times you have registered your complaints.
3. Write a letter to the local police complaining about a theft that took place last night in your neighbourhood.
- Give details of how the theft was taken into notice.
- Give details of occupants of the house.
- Approximate time when theft was committed.
- Poor security arrangements in your colony and the need for improving them.
4. Write a letter of complaint to the Company from which you bought a fridge two months back and it is not cooling well. Complaints to the local service agent have not been attended yet.
- Give the model and size of the fridge purchased.
- Give the date of purchase and name of dealer.
- Number of complaints made to service dealer.
- Urgency in view of the hot summer months.
5. Your Telephone is not working for the last 15 days. Write a letter of complaint to the area Manager of MTNL.
- Give exact nature of problem.
- Has the local linesman attended to it?
- Have you registered any previous complaint?
- Mention your phone details such as the number and the last bill payment details.