Letter of Apology: These letters are usually addressed when a person in particular has spoken or in terms of action done anything, which causes a deep regret to the concerned person. Hence, an apology letter is to express the regret that a person feels due to his/her actions/words. It can be written for both personal and professional reasons.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of English Grammar Exercises for Class 10 ICSE. You have to learn basic English Grammer topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Letter of Apology Class 10 ICSE Format, Examples, Topics, Samples, Exercises
Keep the following in mind:
- While writing an apology letter represent your feeling of deep regret, so as to make it effective.
- The letter must begin and also end with your apology. So that it reinforces the feelings conveyed.
- You may also use “I” statement as it is helpful when composing this type of letter, because this helps prevent the recipient from feeling defensive.
- Avoid sounding stiff, unless your apology is for a business, because a stiff letter will sound like a formal letter to the recipient.
- You need to keep your apology letter short and to the point.
(Note: For a personal apology letter i.e., to a friend or family member follow the personal letter template. For a formal apology follow the , template of a formal letter.)
Sample Letter 1
Write a letter to your dearest friend apologising for your behaviour and how guilty you have been feeling after the incident.
49-B, Lakshmi Nagar
10th September, 20XX
Subject: Apology for inappropriate behaviour with friend
This letter is to apologize for my offensive words to you yesterday. Looking back, I can’t believe that I spoke those words. It was wrong of me and I wasn’t the friend that you expected me to be. Even if I explain my actions, it still doesn’t justify that I said some pretty hurtful things.
I hope you can forgive me for what I did and put this matter behind us. I treasure our friendship and all the things we’ve done and been through. And hopefully, what transpired can become one of those incidents that make our bond stronger than ever.
If you have anything on your mind regarding this, please feel free to share it. I promise to listen before I speak. It’s the least I could do if you’re willing to forgive me. You know how to contact me. I hope you do. I am sorry again for the hurt I have caused you.
Sample Letter 2
Write a letter to your English teacher expressing a deep regret for your mis-conduct/inappropriate behaviour during his class.
A-38, Nirbhay Nagar,
18th November, 20XX
Subject: Apology for inappropriate behaviour in class
Please accept this letter as my formal apology for what happened in class today.
It was not my intention to cause any disruption or inconvenience. Unknowingly, I was making the class break into laughter and quite rightly you felt angry. In retrospect, I believe the situation resulted from my inability to control my tongue and not speak in class. While this is by no means an excuse for my behaviour, knowing the cause will help me guard against future mistakes.
Again, I am sorry for what happened. I respect you greatly and think you are the best teacher of English. Please forgive me, sir.
Suggested Outlines of Letter of Apology
1. Write a letter of apology to your grandfather for forgetting his birthday.
- Apologize for not being able to wish him.
- Promise him that this would not happen again in future.
2. Write a letter of apology to your friend for making fun of his stammer in school.
- Apologize for making fun of his stammering.
- Admit it was a mistake and will not happen again.
3. Write a letter of apology to your cousin for not being able to attend his party.
- Tell him how eager and keen you were to attend his party.
- Explain why you could not do so.
- Promise that you will meet him soon for making up for this lapse.
4. You borrowed class notes from your friend which you promised to return to him the next day. In a hurry you forget to take them to school. Write a letter of apology for not returning his notes on time.
- Give a reason why you could not return the notes.
- Apologize and tell him that it won’t happen again.
5. You invited your friends for a party at your home. During the party the lights went off and you could not get them repaired in time. Everyone left before time. Write a letter to your friends apologizing for the bad party.
- Apologize to them for not being able to get fuse repaired on time.
- Promise them another party during the day time in lieu of this one.
- Write how bad you felt after they left.