The story “I Can Take Care of Myself : Question and Answers” is a powerful and moving story about a young girl who is determined to become independent and to take care of herself. The story is set in a traditional Indian village, where girls are often expected to conform to traditional gender roles. However, the protagonist of the story, a girl named Valli, is different. She is ambitious and independent, and she has a strong desire to see the world and to make her own way in life. Read More Class 8 English Question and Answers.
I Can Take Care of Myself Question and Answers
Answer the following questions.
What do you think is the most important thing to learn to live well?
The most important thing to learn to live well is that one should not depend upon others. One should take care of oneself. One should stand on one’s own feet.
What are the skills or qualities that would help you to be independent in your life?
The skills or qualities that would help us to be independent in our life are:
- One needs to know how to take care of oneself.
- One needs to be able to protect oneself.
- One needs to learn to be strong and work hard.
- One needs to be powerful oneself.
- One needs to stand on one’s own feet.
- One needs to learn more about the world and learn to live in it as a good creature.
- One needs to depend on the power within oneself to seek the target in one’s life.
Do you agree/disagree with the daughter of the mother rat? Give reasons for your response.
I agree with the daughter of the mother rat. Depending on another person’s power, position or prosperity does not promise peace and security in the long run. To be safe, one needn’t get someone married. One should work hard to achieve one’s goal. The married woman, who doesn’t stand on her own feet has to depend upon her husband for everything.