GATE Scholarship 2019-20: GATE Scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for GATE/GPAT qualified students. Commenced to ensure the growth of technical education in India, AICTE Scholarship for awards a monthly scholarship amount of INR 12,400 to students pursuing Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture and Master of Pharmacy courses in AICTE approved Institutions and AICTE approved University Departments. Under this AICTE PG Scholarship, the scholarship beneficiaries must undertake 8 to 10 hours of teaching and research work as designated to him/ her by the Institute.
To avail the scholarship, applicants must check the eligibility criteria before applying for it. The term of the AICTE GATE scholarship is 24 months or for the duration of the course whichever is lower. Applicants need to log in using the unique ID which will be given by their corresponding institute and upload the needed documents within the specified time period. Read the complete article to know all about GATE Scholarship.
Highlights of GATE Scholarship
|INR 12,400 per month
|GATE/GPAT qualified students pursuing masters in engineering/tech/architecture/pharma
|Apply online through AICTE portal (aicte-india.org)
Note: The application duration is tentative and subject to change.
GATE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
GATE PG scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship that is distributed every year to GATE/GPAT qualified nominees. Under this AICTE scholarship, the applicants need to give an undertaking saying that he/she would not withdraw in the middle of the course. Given here are the complete details about the eligibility requirements that the candidates must fulfill to avail the scholarship perks. PFMS is a Government of India project that looks after social sector programs.
- The candidates must have acquired a valid GATE/GPAT score to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The candidates must have taken admission in a full-time course such as in the field of engineering, architecture or pharmacy such as Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture or Master of Pharmacy as regular students.
- The qualified applicants must be admitted into AICTE recognized college/institute/university.
- Also, the students who have taken admission into the recommended courses before or after the GATE/GPAT validity duration are not granted a GATE scholarship. And, the applicants who have taken admission under non-sponsored categories/management quota/foreign students cannot avail this scholarship.
GATE Scholarship Application Process
To help students get a GATE scholarship, AICTE supports them to fill the application form through the official portal. Check the step by step guideline to apply for AICTE PG scholarship.
- First, the candidates have to visit the official AICTE website and register themselves as a new user.
- After the registration process is done, the candidates will receive a confirmation link on their registered email ID. Click on the link and confirm registration.
- Then, the applicants need to log in at the AICTE Portal using their registered email ID/Username and password.
- Go to the AICTE home page and click on the ‘PG Scholarship (GATE/GPAT)’.
- On entering the page of PG Scholarship (GATE/GPAT), click on ‘Apply for PG Scholarship (GATE/GPAT)’.
- Now, read the guidance carefully and get the institute ID by clicking on ‘Step 1: Get Institute ID’ to know the permanent ID of your institute.
- After getting the institute ID, the candidates need to click on ‘Step 2: Get PG Student ID’. A new page opens where the applicant has to fill the name of the State he/she belongs to, institute permanent ID, first name, last name, roll number, and date of birth. After fulfilling this information, click on ‘Get Student ID’. Candidates are suggested to note down the student ID for future reference.
- The next step is to get the student ID confirmed by clicking on the ‘Student ID Verification’ tab. Give information like State, Institute Permanent ID, Student ID and Date of Birth, and press the button ‘Validate’.
- On successful validation, candidates are directed to the scholarship application page. Enter all the necessary fields and upload the scanned copies of the required documents.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit Application’ button to submit the application form.
GATE Scholarship Documents Required
- A scanned PDF copy of the GATE/GPAT scorecard.
- A scanned PDF copy of the passbook
- A scanned PDF copy of the Aadhaar card. Students of J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam are exempted.
- A scanned PDF copy of the caste certificate.
- Scanned PDF copy of the Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate in respect of only OBC candidates. Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) should not be old more than 1 year
GATE Scholarship Reward
Started by AICTE to encourage higher studies in technical education, GATE scholarship grants monthly monetary assistance for two years to GATE/GPAT qualified candidates. Selected candidates of this PG scholarship, must make sure that he/she has a saving account in the bank in his/her name only.
- The selected scholars get a scholarship amount of INR 12,400 per month subject to their adequate academic performance and according to the rules and regulations of the University/Institute.
- The scholarship is sustainable for 24 months or for the duration of the course, whichever is lower and is not elongated under any circumstance.
GATE Scholarship – Important Instructions
- The selected scholars for AICTE PG scholarship require to engage 8 to 10 hours per week of work related to teaching and research projects as indicated to them by the Institute. The allotted work could hold tutorials, laboratory classes, development and support of laboratories, aid in research and improvement activities undertaken by faculty members, maintenance and operation of Computers and other central facilities, etc.
- The applicants who are pursuing part-time courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicants must make sure that their bank account name is correct as per their applicant name in the scholarship application form.
- The applicants applying under reserved categories must have an official certificate.
- The caste certificate to be submitted by the OBC applicants should not be older than 1 year and SC/ST/OBC candidates must have their documents attested by the Principal of their institute or a gazetted officer.
- Also, if the caste certificate is not in the Hindi/English language, it should be translated and verified in Hindi/English by an official or by the principal in the institute letterhead.
- The Scholarship may be discontinued at any time for any kind of misconduct by the student, like involving in the act of ragging, misbehavior, etc
- Salary grant or any other grant e.g. Contingencies, Library, Books, etc, will not be admissible to any of the Institute/College/ University implementing this scheme in compliance with the instructions of Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Deptt. of Higher Education, Technical Section – I conveyed vide letter No. F. No. 9-2/2007-TS.I dated 22nd July 2008.
- Also, the applicants who are already availing the advantages of other scholarship plans are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
- The AICTE may impose any other conditions as deemed necessary from time to time and the decision of the AICTE shall be final and binding upon the recipients i.e. University/Institute/College/Students who are under the ambit of the AICTE for receipt of PG Scholarship.
- The student shall be required to give an undertaking to the effect that he/she would not leave the course midway. In case any student leaves the course in midway he/she will be required to refund the total PG Scholarship drawn at the time of leaving the course.
GATE Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any query regarding the GATE Scholarship, the candidates can send their concern on the email ID or call on the phone number as mentioned below.
Email: [email protected]
Phone no.: 011-29581000
FAQ’s on GATE Scholarship
Who are eligible for Gate Scholarship?
Post Graduate Scholarship is entitled only to full-time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to AICTE approved programs viz. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture and Master of Pharmacy courses in AICTE approved Institutions and AICTE approved University Departments.
How to apply for PG Scholarship through DBT?
Proposal for grant of PG Scholarship is called for through advertisement in leading newspapers. Students/Institutes are advised to follow the procedure and guidelines contained therein. Copy of the advertisement can be viewed by visiting the AICTE portal at http:www.aicte-india.org/bulletin.php.
What is a GATE Scholarship?
GATE Scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for GATE/GPAT qualified students.
How many leaves are granted to candidates under this scheme?
Students are eligible for the following leaves
- Casual leave: 15 days in an academic year.
- Medical leave: Maximum of one month (30 days) in an academic year
- Maternity leave: As per the Govt of India instructions from time to time.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.