Essay on Water in English: Water, the very reason for the existence of living beings on earth, constitutes of more than 70% of the planet. Water is that magical liquid, that provides life to animals, plants, trees, bacteria and viruses. Water is the very reason why earth can support life and other planets cannot.
Up to 60% of the human body is made up of water. While there is an abundance of water on the planet, not everything can be consumed by human beings and animals. It is unfortunate that only 3% of the water on earth is freshwater, which is portable and safe to consume.
You can read more Essay Writing about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Hence, when such a valuable resource is scarce and non-renewable, it becomes of utmost Importance of Water judiciously.
Long and Short Essay on Water in English for Students and Children
In the article, we have provided a 600-word essay on water for kids, students, and schoolchildren for their usage in assignments, tests, and project work. We have also provided a 200-word essay on water for kids to use in exams and tests and learn everything about the water.
Long Essay on Water in English
Water, the pivotal ingredient in the essence of life, is the most important non-renewable resource, other than oxygen, for life to exist and thrive on our planet. Water which makes up almost one-third of the face of the planet has only 2.75% to 3.1% of fresh after that can actually be used by human beings, animals and plants.
This small percentage of fresh water is used by all living beings for their growth and survival. Plants and trees use it to for photosynthesis to grow. Animals and human beings use water to drink and bathe every day. Hence, judicious use of after should be followed since water is non-renewable and depleting at an ever-increasing rate. At this rate, water will become redundant for future generations, which is to say that life will become non-existent on earth. Experts say that those unimaginable days are not very far from us if we don’t use water with responsibility.
Water that is present in oceans and seas, that is saltwater, is not consumable by human beings and land animals. But this water acts as a lifeline for certain aquatic life.
There are various types of water resources, both potable and non-potable, in the world namely, surface water, rainwater, groundwater, well water, lake water, river water, glaciers, snow etc. All these water bodies form the main source of water on the planet. And to keep these water bodies replenished all the time, a healthy water cycle should be maintained in our ecosystem. Any little disturbance in the water cycle can lead to global warming, floods and droughts.
Usages of water
- Human beings use water for drinking bathing, cooking, washing, watering etc.
- Industries and factories use water for manufacturing purposes
- Animals use water for drinking and bathing
- Plants and trees use water to grow and produce food
- Farmers use water to cultivate the land and fulfil the population hunger
- Power plants and nuclear plants use water to produce energy and power
Why is Water Important for the Human Body?
- More than 70% of our body is made up of water. Without it, the human race will not survive
- Water in our body helps in regulating body temperature
- It keeps our organs and tissue moist and functioning
- It helps in digestion and breaking down of the food we take inside our bodies
- It keeps our skin healthy and nutritious
Scientists and engineers are working on projects and research, from many years, to convert saltwater into freshwater. If they succeed in doing that, then water will not be scarce anymore, but nevertheless, people should learn to use water judiciously, because we never know what nature might throw at us if we play with it. But till then, the only way out to survive is to use water very irresponsibly and strategically.
It is also predicted that the next world war will be fought for water. The symptoms of that are already being seen in the world nowadays, with examples like India and Pakistan fight over the Indus river, Turkey, Syria and Iraq fighting over Tigris-Euphrates river water, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu fighting over Kaveri river in India. These symptoms, if not taken care now itself, will easily lead to world war having catastrophic effects on humankind.
Before all these leads to the extinction of mankind, all the governments of different countries, people, businesses and organisation should come together and formulate proper policies and laws for responsible usage of water in the future.
Short Essay on Water in English
We have provided a 150 to 200 words essay on water which can be used by school students and children for their assignments and projects.
Water, the life-saving universal solvent is the most important element for the existence of living beings on earth.
Water is usually found in three states of matter, namely liquid, solid and gas. All three forms of water are important for the survival of the human race. Water, being a non-renewable resource is depleting at a very faster rate without any source of replenishment. The only way drinking water can be replenished and regenerated is through a healthy water cycle in the atmosphere. And for this water cycle to be maintained well, human beings need to learn to use natural resources like forest, coal and natural gas efficiently without harming the cycle of life.
Since water supports all forms of life, from surface animals and plant to aquatic plant and animals, the water resource belongs to every being on this plant and human beings should not be selfish in their greed for the usage of water.
The unplanned building of damns and man-made reservoirs, and being a thorn in the natural way of life has all affected the actual cycle of water. This has lead to massive drought and floods in various parts of the world.
All human beings should come together and join hands to use water efficiently and not indulge ourselves in the natural cycle of life and let nature thrive on their own.
- Water is the reason why life exists and grows on earth
- 70% of earth’s surface is made of water out of which only 3% is freshwater is for human consumption
- Water supports all forms of life on the planet
- Human beings use water for drinking, bathing, washing, in agriculture, industries and factories
- More than 60% of the human body is made up of water
- Animals use water for drinking and bathing purposes
- Plants, trees and various other living beings use water for its growth and survival
- It is predicted that the next world war will be fought for water if man does not learn how to use it judiciously
- The human beings need to learn to use water responsibly since it is a non-renewable resource
- Governments of all countries should come together to form policies and laws that forbid people from wasting water unnecessarily
FAQs on Essay on Water
How much of the earth’s surface is made up of water?
More than 70% of the earth’s surface is made up of water out of which only 3% is potable freshwater
Can water be manufactured?
As of now, it is not possible, but water can be recycled and reused after proper chemical treatments
What are the sources of water?
Rivers, lakes, glaciers and groundwater table are some of the sources of water on earth
Which is the biggest water body in the world?
Pacific ocean is the biggest water body in the world. Also, the Nile River is the largest source of freshwater in the world.