Essay on Teacher’s Day Celebration: Teacher’s day is one of the most celebrated days in schools and colleges. It’s a day when you appreciate teachers for having a tremendous impact on your life.
Teacher’s day is a day that is celebrated all over the country on the 5th of September. It is a day celebrated to show the teachers our appreciation towards them and their hard work. Students should respect their teachers, and the Teacher’s day is the perfect occasion to show a teacher how much they appreciate them.
Here in this article, we have provided short and long essays on Teacher’s day celebration in English. The essays have been written in simple yet effective English for your information and knowledge and aim to help during school assignments or a speech on Teacher’s day celebration.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Long and Short Essays on Teacher’s Day Celebration for Students and Kids in English
We provide children and students with essay samples on a long essay of 500 words and a short essay of 150 words on the topic “Teachers’ Day Celebration” for reference.
Short Essay on Teacher’s Day Celebration 150 Words in English
Short Essay on Teacher’s Day Celebration is usually given to classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Every year on the fifth of September, schools, and colleges across the country hold Teacher’s day celebrations in India. It is a day to appreciate the hard work and impact that teachers have in our lives.
Teachers are the ones that hold knowledge and empathy for their students. The most important person behind the success of a student is his or her Teacher. Without the help and guidance of teachers, students would not know and understand to go about their lives. We celebrate Teacher’s Day on the fifth of September because it is the birthday of India’s former President, Dr Radhakrishnan. He was a person who loved and adored children. Dr Radhakrishnan would fill in as a teacher, and the students loved him. Teachers leave a significant impact on each person’s life. They help you, motivate you, and guide you to become the best version of yourself.
Teacher’s day is one of the most memorable days in the life of a teacher and a student. It is a day when teachers can relax and talk to their fellow teachers, unlike the entire year when they are working hard for several hours every day. They work during school hours as well as after school hours are over. Different schools celebrate Teacher’s day in different ways. Children do various things to celebrate and appreciate their teachers on this day.
It’s Day to Appreciate your Teachers
Every student should appreciate and value his or her Teacher. Each Teacher makes many sacrifices every day to help you. Teachers are one of the people in your life that will always put you before anything else.
Students Dressing up like their Teachers
Every school has a different way of holding Teacher’s celebrations. One of the ways that students celebrate the day is by impersonating the teachers. Students from the high school dress up like their teachers.
They put up skits for their teachers as well as go to different classes to teach other subjects. It is one of the best parts of the Teacher’s day celebration. Students look forward to impersonating their teachers, and teachers look forward to seeing these skits.
Each student dresses up like a particular teacher, some wear sarees, and some wear formal pants and shirts. Students try their best to match the clothing of the Teacher they are impersonating. The junior classes have to sit for classroom sessions taken by the senior students. It is different from regular teaching. Other students in the classroom do additional activities.
There are different ways to celebrate Teacher’s day. Usually, students from high school take up the initiative to do various things for Teacher’s day.
Long Essay on Teacher’s Day Celebration 500 Words in English
Long Essay on Teacher’s Day Celebration is usually given to classes 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Teacher’s day is celebrated every year on the fifth of September in India. It’s the day that happens to be the birthday of India’s former President, Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
He is one of the respected teachers. Dr Radhakrishnan was a teacher in many reputed universities. The former President was appreciated and loved by his colleagues and students. After Dr Radhakrishnan became the President, his students requested him if they could celebrate his birthday all over the country. He told his students that he would feel better if they celebrated his birthday as Teacher’s day instead. From 1962, 5th September is celebrated as Teacher’s day.
Importance of Celebrating Teacher’s Day
Fifth September holds a lot of importance in the lives of teachers as well as students. Here are some of the reasons Teacher’s day is important:
1. You can Express Gratitude: Teachers work hard throughout the year to nurture students well. In the lives of teachers, students always come first. Teachers continuously make students teach good habits. They make sure that students are disciplined and do well academically. Teachers encourage their students to take part in different sports activities so that their development is all-round. They put in all their effort into making sure that their students are evolving. Teacher’s day is when students can express gratitude to their teachers for all they do for them.
2. It’s a Day to Pay Respect: Teacher’s day is the day students pay their respects to their teachers. Teachers are the mentors and role models for students. They continuously show the students the right direction in their life. Students perform various dances and songs and give speeches to pay respect to their teachers’ hard work and mentorship. They present teachers with flowers, gifts, and cards showing their respect and appreciation for them.
3. It’s Day to Strengthen the Bond of Teachers and Students: Teacher’s day is the day that strengthens the bond between students and teachers. It is a day when students appreciate their teachers, and this helps grow the bond of students. Students dress up as teachers and take a class for the junior ranks. This is one of the ways that students understand the hardships that teachers face every day. Students understand the value of teachers and their hard work. It is one of the ways they pay respect to their teachers.
Ways to Celebrate Teacher’s Day
Teacher’s day, which is celebrated differently than any other occasion in the academic year. It is a day when teachers don’t teach students. Instead, the high classes students take up the job of being a teacher for the day. Here are some of the ways, Teacher’s day is celebrated:
1. Impersonating their Teachers: One of the ways that Teacher’s day is celebrated is through students dressing up as their teachers. It is one of how the day is celebrated. Students dress up like favourite teachers. Some dress up like their Mathematics teacher and some as their English teachers. They indulge in many fun activities throughout the day dressed up as their teachers.
2. Enacting their Teachers: One of the ways that Teacher’s day is celebrated is dressing up like their Teacher. Students dress up like their favourite teachers. Sometimes students write a few lines and enact their teachers. They perform on stage in front of all their teachers. The students who do the best enactments receive prizes. This activity lightens the mood and environment of the school on this day.
3. Performance: A key event in a teacher’s day celebration is performance. Students perform dances, sing songs and poem recitals. Teachers are invited to the auditorium, and they watch these performances. Some teachers are called on stage to take part in some of the events held on Teacher’s day.
The Qualities of a Teacher
Being a teacher is a tough and challenging job. Here are some qualities that a teacher must have:
1. A Good Personality: A teacher must have a good and pleasing personality. It is one of the first traits that a teacher must possess. When teachers have a pleasant personality, they can build a good rapport with the students. They can form a good relationship with their teachers.
2. Skills to Handle Students: A teacher should always have the skills to handle the students. They need to be strict yet approachable towards the students. A teacher should be a good listener and have patience.
Teachers’ Day Celebration Essay Conclusion
Teacher’s day is essential in the lives of teachers as well as students. It is a crucial day because students appreciate and respect their students’ hard work every day. They work hard all year through for the students. Teachers are one of the first mole models and mentors that students have in their lives.