Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is the most significant mission of Indian History. It is a ‘cleanliness drive’ campaign, initiated by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on October 2, 2014, to commemorate the vision of Mahatma Gandhi.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national level campaign. It was initiated by the Indian Government to clean all the backward statutory regions, rural and urban cities and towns. This campaign includes the promotion of health and sanitation programs in the rural areas, cleaning of roads and streets, construction of infrastructure and building of restrooms in the rural areas. The overall campaign was initiated to create awareness among people.
You can read more Essay Writing about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Long and Short Essays on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in English for Students and Kids
Below-mentioned is a Long, descriptive Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and a Short, brief Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. The extended Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a framework for the students on the essay topic, consisting of about 400-500 words. The short, simple contaEssay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan ins roughly 150-200 words and applies to children and kids.
Long Essay about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in English 500 Words
The extended, detailed Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to students belonging to classes 6,7,8,9, and 10, respectively. The essay is a guide to the students in the event of class assignments. It is also applicable for those students aspiring for various competitive examinations.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a critical mission that aims for universal sanitation coverage. Through this mission, the Indian Government aim to achieve better levels of sanitation and cleanliness through liquid and solid waste management practices. This campaign was formulated to make a clean environment in the Urban and Rural towns and cities. This ‘cleanliness drive’ was introduced by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and launched on October 2, 2014, to commemorate Mahatma Gandhi’s vision of clean India. This national-level campaign drive is an awareness initiative on cleanliness and to improve the health of the people.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan set a lot of objectives for a better and a cleaner India. However, the primary purpose of the mission was to create awareness about the importance of sanitation among people. It was aimed to appeal not just the sweepers and workers, but to all the citizens residing in the country. The Swachh Bharat Mission aims to construct clean and hygenic sanitary facilities like restrooms and bathing areas and to eliminate the practice of open defecation in the Rural regions.
The concept of the ‘cleanliness drive’ campaign is to provide the citizens with basic sanitation with the proper sewage system, liquid and solid waste disposal systems, bathing facility, lavatories, hand pumps, safe and adequate drinking water supply, and rural cleanliness to every citizen. Similarly, the Indian Government also wanted to promote awareness on health, sanitation, and Education among people through the Awareness Programmes. The awareness programmes teach them proper waste segregation and disposal methods.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’s action plan is to be advocated by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. The campaign sets its vision to triple by 2019 and includes a significant change in making an Open Defecation Free(ODF) India. However, the action plan highlights:
- To increase the growth and development percentage of restrooms from 3% – 10% in 2019.
- To triple the construction of cleanrooms from 12,000 to 48,000, respectively.
- To aid the involvement of Scool students in promoting and creating awareness on Sanitation, Hygiene, and Clean and Safe Drinking Water.
- The launch of a State/National Level Media Campaign. This campaign will be launched and communicated through audio-visual, local programmes, and mobile telephony to create awareness.
The campaign also aims to conduct open discussions and sessions on menstrual health and hygiene and the establishment of eco-wash clubs. Since rural areas see minimal pollution problems, the campaign creates awareness on the side-effects of pollution to make them cautious, and to avoid future difficulties.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan plays a vital role in reducing the lethal disease rate, mortality rates, and health expenditure rates. The drive towards a cleaner and greener India will not only improve the GDP growth and generate multiple employment sources but also draw tourists and improve our economic conditions.
Thus, the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan mission is a step closer towards a cleaner, safer, and greener India, and this drive is only possible through the participation of all the citizens.
Short Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in English 200 Words
The short, brief Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan mentioned below is applicable for kids and children of classes 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. The Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan assists the children with their essay assignments and school events by providing a basic framework.
Mahatma Gandhi’s vision was to make India a clean country. To achieve Bapu’s dream and to celebrate his 145th anniversary, the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ was initiated by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on October 2, 2014. This campaign aims to Indian a clean country before October 2, 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Through the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan campaign, the Indian Government aims to solve cleanliness and hygiene-related problems. The main goals of the drive are the construction of toilets and bathing rooms, elimination of open-defaecation issues, segregation and proper disposal of solid and liquid waste, clean and safe drinking water, and manual scavenging.
It is highly essential to create a cleanliness campaign for the overall development of the country and the health and well-being of all the citizens. As a majority of India’s population lives in the rural region, it is very crucial to create health and hygiene awareness. Most Indian Villages lack safe roads, clean toilets, clean and safe drinking water. Therefore, the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is an initiative to enhance the living conditions of the people.
Thus, the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a campaign to improve the living standards of Indian citizens through health and sanitation. This drive aims to make India cleaner and better.
- The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was an initiative launched on October 2, 2014, by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.
- This mission is managed by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in the Urban Regions, and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in the rural regions.
- The initiative is a national-level campaign to clean all the backward statutory towns.
- The main aim of the mission was to create awareness about the importance of sanitation among people through the construction of clean and hygenic sanitary facilities like restrooms and bathing areas and eliminating the practice of open defecation in the Rural regions.
- The mission aims to provide basic sanitation with the proper sewage system, safe and adequate drinking water supply, bathing facility, lavatories, hand pumps, liquid and solid waste disposal systems, and rural cleanliness to every citizen.
- The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’s action plan highlights the increase of restrooms, constructions of toilets, the launch of a national-level media campaign, and the involvement of students to create awareness.
- The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is so far the most significant Indian campaign with the participation of about 3 million students and government employees.
- The cleanliness drive improves the country’s GDP growth, generates multiple employment sources, draws more tourists, and improves our economic conditions.
- As a majority of India’s population lives in the rural region, this campaign helps in creating health and hygiene awareness among the people.
- The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan aims to make India open defecation free before October 2, 2019.
FAQ’s On Essay On Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
What is Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, and what does it mean?
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national-level mission aimed for universal sanitation coverage through proper waste management practices, construction of infrastructures and toilets, clean and safe drinking water, and adequate roads. The campaign means Clean Indian Mission.
State the benefits of this mission?
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan mission improves the country’s GDP growth, generates multiple employment sources, draws more tourists, and improves our economic conditions.