Essay on Life on Mars: There are many theories and fictions related to our solar system’s fourth planet. Several controversies related to life on Mars have come up in the late 20th and the 21st century. The plausibility of life already existing on Mars or in future humans inhabiting Mars is an excellent topic for writing and discussion.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Long and Short Essays on Life on Mars for Students and Kids in English
Our article provides students with a long essay sample of 500 words and a short essay sample of 150 words on the topic ‘Life on Mars’ for reference.
Long Essay on Life on Mars 500 Words in English
Long Essay on Life on Mars is usually given to classes 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Mars and the existence of life on it have been the research subject for over a century now. People have funded a lot of money, and they have invested a lot of time and effort to find if life ever existed on that planet or if in future people can live on Mars.
However, the thought of humans or any other being ever surviving on Mars might seem very far-fetched at present, but the idea is certainly a fascinating one for sure. The curiosity regarding the fourth planet of our Solar System increased because it has a similar size and position. The planet Mars was once very similar to our Earth many billion years ago.
With the aggregation of science and technology, the scientists have tried to dig up some dirt on Mars, both metaphorically and literally, with the help of some spacecraft, satellite imageries, rovers, etc. From observing the fourth planet of our Solar Systems’ position and nature, a lot of beneficial pieces of evidence have been gathered. The conclusions drawn from those interesting researches express that they cannot completely rule out life’s possibility to ever exist on the Red Planet.
Some of the most promising discoveries from the Red Planet that have fueled the thought of life on it are methane in Mars’ atmosphere, the evidence of liquid water traces from the Nocion period, and water in ice form on Mars at present. Irrespective of whatever progress one has made in discovering signs of life possible on Mars, some crucial challenges need to be solved before one can survive on the Red Planet:
- The harsh surface conditions of planet Mars is not at all suitable for living beings.
- The gravitational pull of Mars is about 38% that of Earth’s gravity, and this low gravity will cause bone demineralization, muscle loss, etc.
- The Red Planet temperature ranges very low compared to that of Earth, i.e. it is between -87 degree Celsius and -5 degree Celsius.
The water scarcity of the planet will not be an easy problem to solve as it is said to be even drier than the driest desert of Earth. Another massive problem with surviving on Mars is that due to the ozone layer’s missing, the sun’s harmful rays also penetrate its atmosphere. Also, the high concentration of chlorine in the Red Planet soil will make cultivation of food almost impossible. Hence, to sum it up, establishing a worthy living environment on Mars for us would not be an easy task and not going to happen anytime soon.
It is very much possible that one-day humans might be able to turn Mars into a habitable planet but before astronauts are yet even to have a successful human landing on the Red Planet. My dream is to be that astronaut who is one of the first to step on Mars. Since there have not yet been any human landing attempts on Mars, hopefully, the human civilization will achieve that someday soon.
Short Essay on Life on Mars 150 Words in English
Short Essay on Life on Mars is usually given to classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Scientists and researchers have spent years searching for some evidence of any trace of life on the Red planet. All researches till now have led to the indication of no previous trace of life on Mars. However, the evidence of some elements like frozen water, liquid water traces of past, and methane in the atmosphere of Mars have provided some hope of the existence of life on that Red deserted planet.
If I were to dream about going to Mars and having a life there, then I would like to explore it well. I wish I had enough superpowers to change that planet’s conditions to make it fit for humans to live in for when our Earth would not be enough.
However, I wish humans would learn from their mistakes of polluting the Earth, and if ever inhabits Mars or any other planets, they would keep it as pure as they found it in the beginning.
10 Lines on Life on Mars in English
- Many stories are revolving around the fictitious concept of life on Mars.
- People were intrigued by the idea of life on Mars because of its proximity and similarity to our planet Earth.
- There exist many conspiracies revolving the cold deserted red fourth planet of our Solar System.
- Scientists claim that there was once a massive ocean on Mars, making it seem very similar to Earth.
- Because of the traces of liquid water on Mars in the past and the high temperatures at that time, researchers wonder about the possibility of life once on Mars.
- It is said that some biosignatures on the surface of the Red Planet indicate the possibility of life on Mars.
- Some theories about life on Mars also refer to the case of ‘refugee lives’ deep below the planet’s surface.
- The shreds of evidence collected from the satellite and rover pictures show that there is no sign of plants or the so imagined ‘intelligent Martians’ on the surface of the Red planet.
- One such news was disclosed in 1996, that a group of scientist discovered some bacterial evidence inside a Mars’ meteorite that came to Earth.
- People keep their hopes up about finding life on Mars because it would mean that we are not alone in this vast universe.
FAQ’s on Life on Mars Essay
What is the size of Mars when compared with our Earth?
The diameter of Mars is only half of what Earth’s is, and the surface area of Earth’s total land portion is that of the entire surface area of Mars.
How could one hope life can exist in the challenging climate and conditions of Mars?
Since many resilient living beings are found in the most extremely harsh conditions on Earth, we can also hope that some sign of life might also be found on Mars one day.