Essay on Indian Gate: One of the most popular tourist destinations in India is the India gate. A war memorial that was built after the first world war, is an iconic destination in India which is not just a tourist hotspot, but a place where revolutions and civilian protests take place that has changed the course of the nation is many ways.
In this particular India gate essay, we will be talking about the origin and what India gate in the 21st century stands for and the values and principles that it represents to today’s people of India.
You can read more Essay Writing about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Long and Short Essays on India Gate for Students and Kids in English
In this article, we have provided a 600-word India gate essay for students to clear their tests, exams and essay writing competitions. Also, there is a short India gate essay with a word limit of 200 provided in this article.
Long Essay on Indian Gate 600 Words in English
We have provided below a 600-word Long India gate essay for students and children of classes 7,8,9 and 10 that will help them in their tests, assignments, project works and essay writings.
India Gate, a famous tourist spot and a war memorial built for the soldiers martyred during the first world war, is situated in the heart of the capital of India, New Delhi. Inaugurated in the year 1931, February, India gate, built by a famous architect of those times Edwin Lyutens, is the testimony of the architectural prowess of the country.
Known for its state of the art architectural design, it took almost 10 long years to build India gate. It is a 42m in height and 9m in width monument. Built with granite and yellow and red sandstone, India Gate is an embodiment of Arc de Triomphe de I’Etoile in France, Paris.
India gate was originally built to commemorate martyrs of the British India Army who fought for their motherland against the enemies during the first world war. It also commemorates the martyrs of the Bangladesh liberation war in the year 1971. Amar Jawan Jyoti which is an integral part of India gate was built after the India-Pakistan war and was inaugurated by the then Prime Miniter of India, Indira Gandhi.
Other than the facts of the India Gate, the monument is fondly loved by Indians and people across the world not just for its architecture and beauty, but for what it represents for today’s India. Let us discuss, in this India gate essay, a few values that India gate represents.
What does the India gate represent?
Other just being a tourist destination and generating revenue for the exchequer, the values that the India gate represents hold the moral high ground. The following are some of the values that the India gate represents.
- Patriotism: One of the most important traits for a country is how patriotic are its people. Country first, no compromise in it should be inculcated amongst the crowd so that they develop a sense of belonging to the nation. And India gate is one such monument in the country which celebrates patriotism of its people. The fact that millions of Indian soldiers fought for the British Indian army and laid down their lives shows that the people of India can sacrifice their own lives to protect their families and the motherland. Soldiers were martyred in the Indo-Bangladesh war of 1971 as well. These tell-tales from our soldiers bring out a sense of pride and patriotism amongst the common people whenever they hear such stories. And India gate represents their heroic stories in a monumental way.
- Unity in diversity: India is a country with hundreds of religions, castes, subcastes, creed, languages and ethnicities. It is a colourful country. But as much as the diversity exists India, an equal or an ounce more of unity exists at the same time. In spite of so many people from different cultural and geographical backgrounds, Indians are united more than anyone and love their country. Irrespective of what religion they belong to, the soldiers lay down their lives and fought their enemies no matter what. And this value is aptly represented by the architectural prowess of the India gate.
- A celebration of India’s progress: Every Indian on the morning of 26th January sits glued to their television sets to watch the republic day parade at the India gate. On this very day, India showcases it’s technological, military, economic and cultural strength to the whole world. Important and high-profile dignitaries all around the globe are invited for the event to watch the spectacle of the celebration of Indian democracy, which is rightly called as the world’s largest democracy.
There are many stories that can be told about the India gate since it has been in existence for more than 90 years now. In a few years, it will be a centenary celebration for all of us Indians. One simple India Gate essay will not be sufficient for that. But no matters, India gate will forever be a testimony of the progress of India ever since world war and it’s sacrifices of Indians.
Short Essay on India Gate 200 Words in English
We have provided below a 200-word short India gate essay for students and children of classes 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 that will help them in their tests, assignments, project works and essay writings.
India Gate is a famous tourist destination in the country. It is a monument, built in the year 1931 by Edwin Lutyens, to commemorate the martyred soldiers of the then Britsh Indian Army, who fought for the country during the world war one. After India got its independence from the British Raj, Amar Jawan Jyoti was built to commemorate the soldiers martyred during the Indo-Bangladesh war in the year 1971.
India gate is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful historical edifices in the world, remembered for its beauty and architectural mastery. With the height of 41m and a width of 9.1m, India Gate is not just remembered for its beauty and architectural prowess, it is also remembered for the 80,000 soldiers that were martyred during the first world war.
India gate represents the patriotism and nationalism of the Indian people. It is an eternal embodiment that signifies the sacrificial nature of our Indian soldiers and the love for their motherland.
- India Gate is a war memorial situated in the capital city of New Delhi, India
- It was built to commemorate the 80,000 British Indian Amry soldiers martyred during the first world war
- The foundation stone was laid for India gate on 10th February 1921
- India gate was officially inaugurated in 1931
- India gate was built by the famous architect Edwin Lutyens
- India gate represents the bravery and sacrifice of Indian soldiers
- Amar Jawan Jyoti was built to commemorate the soldiers martyred during the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war
- Amar Jawan Jyoti was inaugurated by the then prime minter of India, Indira Gandhi
- Every year, republic day parade takes place at India gate, on 26th of January
- Today, India Gate is a symbol of patriotism and democratic values of India
FAQ’s on Essay on India Gate
Why was India Gate built?
India Gate was built to commemorate the martyred Indian soldiers of the British Indian Army during the first world war
What is written on the India gate?
The words “Amar Jawan” is written on all four sides in gold on India Gate
How many names are there on the India gate?
13,300 names are written on India Gate
Who built the India gate?
Edwin Lutyens built India gate