Essay On Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao is a national-level campaign inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 22, 2015. This campaign is convened by the Indian Government to improve the effectiveness of all the welfare schemes, and to promote awareness for girl children in India. The welfare scheme Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao means ‘Save the daughter, educate the daughter.’
The project was launched in Haryana to create awareness as the state has the lowest female sex ratio. The main aim of the scheme is to prevent female foeticide and sex determination, ensure safety and save all female children, and to provide them with quality education.
You can read more Essay Writing about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Short and Long Essays On Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Children and Kids in English
Below-mentioned is a Long, descriptive Essay On Beti Bachao Beti Padhao and a Short, brief Essay On Beti Bachao Beti Padhao. The extended essay is a framework for the students on the essay topic, consisting of about 400-500 words. The short, simple essay contains roughly 150-200 words and applies to children and kids.
Long Essay about Beti Bachao Beti Padhao 500 Words in English
The extended, detailed Essay On Beti Bachao Beti Padhao mentioned is helpful classes 6,7,8,9, and 10, respectively. The essay is a guide to the students in the event of class assignments. It is also applicable for those students aspiring for various competitive examinations.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao is a social scheme introduced by the Government of India to address the ongoing discrimination against female children, improve the status of girl children, and the gender imbalance prevailing in the society. The scheme was launched by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on January 22, 2015, keeping in mind the bad female ratio in the country.
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme comprises of primary reasons – The rising Crime against women and the Low Child sex ratio. Most people of our society blamed a girl child as a burden to her family as the one who never contributes anything back in return. Due to this, Abortion of female foeticide became the highest discrimination against a girl child leading to a massive drop in the sex ratio. The 2011 population ratio by Population Census revealed that India comprised 943 females per 1000 males. Thus to curb the existing prejudice of gender discrimination, the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme was introduced.
The scheme aims to save girl child, provide them with proper education and security, assist them with personal and professional development, and eliminate female foeticide all over the country. The primary aim of the welfare project is to prevent the drop in the female child sex ratio, thus encouraging women’s empowerment through the improvement of the women status in the country. This was initially in the state of Haryana due to the lowest female sex ratio- 775/1000 and now has effectively applied in all the districts and states across the country.
This campaign is a joint venture by the Government of India and the tri-ministerial welfare groups-
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Besides, the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao is executed through a federal campaign that is incorporated in all the States and Union Territories. It is a multi-sectoral movement concentrated in selected 100 Districts with low Child sex ratio. The scheme aims to evaluate its influence and take the needed remedial steps on the completion process by the 12th Five Year Plan.
However, the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme faced difficulties to gain momentum, due to multiple factors.
- The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao failed due to the lack of seriousness among the government police and machinery workforces.
- The scheme lacked the support and participation of the civic body to fulfil the objectives.
- To obstruct orthodox rituals, practices and social abuses such as Child marriage, Sati, Domestic violence, and female foeticide.
- Obstruction of the prevailing Dowry system in India
- The main reason for the failure of the scheme is due to the conservative mindset of the people.
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao mission aimed to bring three significant impacts- The achievement of the education access to the girl child, balance of the male-female ratio, and then to highlight the focus of the child rights.
To conclude, the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme aimed to reduce sex discrimination and imbalance and to provide girls with financial and social independence. To make a drastic impact in the society, all should join in hands for the upliftment of the girl child.
Short Essay On Beti Bachao Beti Padhao 200 Words in English
The short, brief Essay On Beti Bachao Beti Padhao mentioned below is helpful for students classes 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. The essay assists the children with their essay assignments and school events by providing a basic framework.
Every year a girl child suffers from discrimination in terms of Health, Safety, fundamental rights, Nutrition, Education, etc. To eliminate the suffering and provide a positive change, the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao was introduced.
‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ is a Government-aided campaign to create social awakening among people to give up their conservative views, to teach girls, and to prevent female foeticide. The campaign was inaugurated on January 22, 2015, by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, in the Panipat District of Haryana.
As per the 2011 Census report, India battles the decreasing ratio of girl child continuously per decade. Therefore, the campaign aims to save and educate all the female children throughout India and seeks to eradicate the Declining child sex ratio issue in India. The scheme is present in selected 100 Districts that see low child male-female ratio. The mission is a joint venture between the Government of India and the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Health and Family Welfare, and Women and Child Development.
There are three primary objectives of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme. Firstly, to prevent female foeticide, to ensure all girl children receive a good education and development of projects to ensure a girl child’s safety and protection.
Therefore, to achieve success with the mission, people in society need to join hands together and participate in achieving success.
- The ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ is a joint initiative made by three Government Ministries of India.
- The scheme was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Mosi, on January 22, 2015.
- The 2011 population ratio by Population Census revealed that India comprised 943 females per 1000 males.
- This scheme was initiated in the state of Haryana due to the lowest female sex ratio- 775/1000 and now has effectively applied in 100 districts and states across the country.
- The primary objective of the scheme is to stop female foeticide and the protection of girl children. It also aims to provide all girls with education.
- The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme holds two primary reasons – The rising Crime against women and the Low Child sex ratio.
- The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao mission aimed to bring three significant impacts- The achievement of the education access to the girl child, balance of the male-female ratio, and then to highlight the focus of the child rights.
- The campaign also sought to deliver improved welfare services, especially for the women of the society.
- With the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign, the country saw the rise of various other Women-based schemes on social media such as #BeWithBeti, #SelfiewithDaughter, etc.
- The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme aimed to reduce sex discrimination and imbalance and to provide girls with financial and social independence.
FAQ’s on Essay on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
What is meant by the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana?
The ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ is a Government scheme introduced on a National-level, aimed to address the dropping Child Sex Ratio and Female Foeticide, and other women empowerment related issues.
When did the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana inaugurate and by whom?
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana was inaugurated on January 22, 2015, by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.