EQR Certificate: What is an EQR Certificate? EQR is the abbreviation for Essential Qualification Requirement. It is a certificate that often contains the prerequisites and minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for a post. Moreover, the certificate details and format may vary according to the post applied.
Why Do You Need an EQR Certificate?
Most jobs require the candidates to furnish all certificates that are relevant to their educational qualifications, but an EQR certificate streamlines this process by letting the candidates upload a single (and relevant certificate). For example, an EQR certificate is often required when applying for open positions with organisations like DRDO. Moreover, DRDO has recently announced recruitment for the post of Personnel Assistant, Technician and Clerk. The EQR certificate for these post, as given on the official DRDO notification, is as follows:
- Personnel Assistant – 12th Class certificate
- Technician – ITI certificate (final or provisional)
- Clerk – 10th Class certificate.
In this article, we shall explore more about EQR and its relevant details.
Students can find more about certificates, explore the types used for academic purposes, professional purposes and more.
Documents Required for EQR Certificate
Following is the document requirements for applying EQR certificate of various DRDO posts (as per official notification)
- Admin Assistant ‘A’: 12th Class Certificate
- Assistant Halwai-cum-Cook: 10th Class Certificate
- Assistant Hindi: Post Graduation / Graduation Certificate
- Clerk: 10th Class Certificate
- Fire Engine Driver: 10th Class Certificate
- Personnel Assistant ‘A’: 12th Class Certificate
- Security Assistant ‘A’: 12th Class Certificate
- STA ‘B’: Diploma or B. Sc. Certificate (Final / Provisional)
- Store Assistant ‘A’: 12th Class Certificate
- Technician ‘A’: ITI Certificate (Final / Provisional)
- Vehicle Operator ‘A’: 10th Class Certificate
EQR Certificate – Document and Image Prerequisites
When uploading documents, the following guidelines must be followed. Failure to conform will lead to disqualification.
- The EQR documents must be uploaded in .pdf format and must not be more than 2 MB in size.
- The images uploaded must be in .jpg or .jpeg format only
- Passport size photos must be no smaller than 20 kb and no bigger than 50 kb in size. It should also have a dimension of 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm
- Left-hand thumb impression must be no smaller than 10 kb and no bigger than 20 kb in size. It should also have a dimension of 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm
- A scanned copy of the signature must be no smaller than 10 kb and no bigger than 20 kb in size. It should also have a dimension of 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm
- Uploading blurred images will lead to cancellation of candidature.
FAQ’s on EQR Certificate
What is an EQR Certificate?
EQR is the abbreviation for Essential Qualification Requirement. It is a certificate that often contains the candidate’s educational documents, which are often prerequisites for a given post.
Why do you need an EQR?
EQR certificates are a prerequisite for certain government jobs. Organizations such as DRDO require the candidate to furnish this certificate as a part of the application process.
What are the documents required to apply for an EQR?
The exact documents vary according to the post applied. For instance, the post of Admin Assistant ‘A’ requires the candidates to provide only their 12th class certificate while the post of Assistant Hindi requires the candidates to provide their post-graduation or graduation certificate.
What format should the documents for the EQR certificate be uploaded
The documents (such as educational certificates) must be uploaded in .pdf format and it must also be under 2 MB in size.