Enquiry Letter: It is a letter written to enquiry the information related to something. It can be written if a person wants to buy an item or wants to go on a trip, etc. The objective of the Enquiry Letter is to make a request to the recipient. In other words, it is written to get the response from the recipient with the action that satisfies the enquiry. The action benefits either the sender or the recipient and sometimes both the parties.
The scope of the letter must include enough information to help the recipient to decide the best response. The sender must mention what is inquiring and which type of favor he/she wants from the recipient in response to the request. Read the complete article below to know more about the letter of Enquiry Format.
Get Other Types of Letter Writing like Formal, Informal and Different Types of Letter Writing Samples.
Enquiry Letter Writing Tips
Refer to the following writing tips before to know about How To Write Enquiry Letter.
- Inquiry Letter should be written like a formal letter. It must include the sender’s contact details, address or email address at the beginning of the letter.
- Letter of Inquiry must contain all the aspects of the enquiring item.
- It should contain the date and address of the receiver.
- Add the subject of the letter precisely to give some idea of what will be discussed in the letter.
- Make sure to add a salutation at the start and your signature, name, and designation at the end of the letter.
- It should be written concisely and clearly.
- Mention the reason and enquiry details.
Enquiry Letter Format
Refer to the following Format of Enquiry Letter before writing it.
Enquiry Letter Sample
Refer to the following Enquiry Letter Samples before writing it.
Sample Enquiry Letter for Purchasing Laptops
FAQ’s on Enquiry Letter
What is an Enquiry Letter?
It is a letter written to enquiry the information related to something.
Why should I write an Enquiry Letter Example?
It can be written if a person wants to buy an item or wants to go on a trip, etc.
Is an Enquiry Letter a formal or informal letter?
An Enquiry Letter is a formal letter. It must include the sender’s contact details, address or email address at the beginning of the letter.