Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships: Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships offers to support Indian students who desire to pursue doctoral studies at St. John’s College, Cambridge. Under this initiative, a number of scholarships are available for September/October 2019. The scholarships are named in honor of the former Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh. Dr. Singh was awarded as an honorary fellow at St. John’s College. In 1957, Dr. Manmohan Singh received a graduate degree in Economics. Dr. Singh has willingly given his name to this scholarship scheme. Since his experience at Cambridge creates an impact on him even after decades. This scholarship was introduced to enable outstanding Indian students to pursue doctoral studies. Candidates can pursue P.hD. on subjects especially Social Sciences, Economics, Science and Technology.
Candidates are expected to become leading achievers and opinion-formers within Indian society. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the leadership potential to avail of this scholarship. All candidates must first identify a suitable doctoral program at the University of Cambridge. Also, select St. John’s College as their first choice while identifying the doctoral program. The deserved candidates are awarded scholarships by the College. Cambridge University has close and long term ties with India. The Cambridge University alumni include many politicians, Businessmen, and scientists. Candidates go through the article below to know more about Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships – Important Dates
|Last Date of Application||January 15, 2019|
|Interview Dates||April to June 2019|
|Selection Result Declaration||Within one month of the interview|
|Commencement of the Doctoral Program||September/October 2019|
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria
- Students who are Indian nationals with a valid Indian passport and currently living in India.
- The age of the students should be below 35 years as on 31 December 2018.
- Students must have a Master’s (postgraduate) degree from a recognized Indian university or institution.
- Students must have secured a first-class award in post-graduate in the relevant field or subject by October 2019.
- The student should not be a previous significant exposure to a UK education.
- The student should not be receiving funding from the UK Government.
- Students should be able to show their leadership qualities through their extracurricular activities. Also, contribution to the country or society in their chosen field.
- Students should plan to pursue and identify full-time doctoral research from the University of Cambridge. Then, secure admission starting by September/October 2019.
- Students must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Students must be able to fulfill any other admission criteria laid down by the University.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships – Benefits
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships are fully funded scholarships which offer the following benefits:
- Academic Fees
- UK Visa
- International Airfare
- A monthly stipend for covering the living expenses
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships – Selection Process
The selection process for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships are given below
- Candidates for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships are shortlisted as per the University strict selection procedure.
- The Selection Committee performs the initial shortlisting of all the applications.
- Candidates who have reached the later stages of the University’s selection procedure will only be contacted further by St. John’s College.
- St. John’s College will contact the shortlisted candidates to invite them for interviews.
- Candidates should not directly contact to St. John’s College at this stage.
- The shortlisted candidates attend personal interviews through Skype between April to June 2019.
- Then, the selection committee identifies the number of candidates to award the scholarships.
- The selection committee will make the final decision. Based on which the final results will be declared within one month of the interview.
- After selection, St. John’s College will coordinate the pre-departure briefings, travel arrangements and UK visa for the selected candidates.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships – Application Procedure
The deadline to apply for the Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships is 15th January 2019. Candidates can fill and submit the online application form on or before the deadline. Refer to the below points to apply for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2019.
- Identify a suitable doctoral program and supervisor at Cambridge University. Then, secure admission in September/October 2019.
- Candidates should visit the University admissions official website www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk.
- Fill the application with correct and valid information to avoid rejection. Otherwise, the Selection Committees will reject it at the time of verification.
- While filling the form, the applicants have to select St. John’s College as their first preference.
- Candidates also indicate on their application that they are applying for these Scholarships (if asked). Remember to fill the section applying for funding from the University.
- After that, the candidate needs to fill the scholarship application form on the College website. Then, notify St. John’s about the submission of an application to the University.
- St. John’s College will acknowledge receipt of applications through the emails which are provided on the application form. That is why candidates must provide their latest email ids.
- However, the College is not responsible for the failure of email message delivery.
- Finally, the filled application form should be submitted on or before the deadline.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships – Result
The result will be announced within one month of the interviews. Since it depends on the final decision of the Selection Committee. Candidates should give the correct contact information in the application. So that they can be contacted over the phone to give the selection information. The selected candidate’s documents will be verified after the result declaration. The Scholarships will be awarded only to those candidates who get an offer of admission at St. John’s College.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships – Contact Details
For further information and clarification visit the website or send an email which is mentioned below.
|Address||St John’s College|
Cambridge CB2 1TP,
FAQ’s on Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
How are Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships helpful to Indian students?
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships offers to support Indian students who desire to pursue doctoral studies at St. John’s College, Cambridge.
What is the commencement date of the doctoral program?
The commencement of the doctoral program is on September/October 2019. Students should plan to pursue and identify full-time doctoral research from the University of Cambridge.
What is the application deadline to apply for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2019?
The application deadline to apply for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2019 is 15th January 2019.
When will be the interviews conducted for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2019?
The interviews will be conducted between April to June 2019 through Skype.
What is the age limit to apply for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2019?
The age of the students should be below 35 years as on 31 December 2018.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2019. If you have queries related to this topic, then leave it in the comment box to get in touch with us.