Delhi Polytechnic 2019: Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Exam, also called Delhi Common Entrance Test (Delhi CET), is conducted by the Directorate of Training and Technical Education. This department falls under the purview of the Delhi Government and is tasked with providing trained resources for the development of industrial production and innovation across the nation.
The registration window for Delhi Polytechnic 2019 has concluded. Aspirants willing to apply have to wait for the next round, which is expected to start from April 2020 (based on past trends).
Students have the option to pursue their desired courses through almost 20 Delhi Polytechnic colleges. To gain candidature, students have to apply online and undergo counseling.
- CET Delhi 2019 Counselling Result for the third round has been declared on 18th July 2019. Check here for counseling details.
- Check here all details about the CET Delhi 2019 seat allotment & further admission process. Check here for counseling details.
- CET Delhi Polytechnic Result 2019 has been declared on 20th June 2019.
Delhi Polytechnic Exam Date 2019
Here we are providing the official schedule of CET Delhi 2019:
|Release of application||1st April 2019|
|Last date to submit the application||30th April 2019|
|Application editing window||1st – 4th May 2019|
|Admit card release||29th May 2019|
|Exam date||8th & 9th June 2019|
|Result announcement||20th June 2019|
|Counseling starts||22nd June 2019|
CET Delhi Admit Card 2019
- Delhi Admit card had been released online on 29th May 2019. Candidates are able to download admit cards by visiting the official website.
- After the entrance test, no duplicate admit card will be issued by the controller. Candidates have to affix a photograph in the admit card.
Details Mentioned on CET Delhi Admit Card
The admit card is comprised of the following details:
- Candidate Name
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Test Number
- Date of Birth
- Father Name
- Mother Name
- Centre Name & Address
- Exam Date & Time
Delhi Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have completed CBSE class 10 or its equivalent, securing not less than 60% aggregate. Furthermore, the candidate must have completed two years of ITI (engineering or related) from Industrial Training Institutes or Industrial Training Centres. The candidates must be over 17 years of age and not exceed 24 years as of the date of counseling.
Delhi Polytechnic Counselling Procedure
The counseling process for Delhi Polytechnic is as follows:
- Payment of Processing Fee: Candidates are required to pay-one time processing fee charged by the department is ₹700/- (plus bank charges). The link, titled “Pay Processing Fee”, can be found on the Department of Training and Technical Education home page. Mode of payment is online and can be done through net banking, credit card or debit card. Link to home page: https://cetdelhi.nic.in/cetdelhi_candidate/HomePage.aspx
- Online Registration: Once the candidate has paid the one-time processing fee, they can initiate their registration procedure. They can begin by clicking on the “Register New Candidate” link from the right-navigation menu on the homepage. Here, candidates are required to enter their test number, the application number, and date of birth. Other fields pertaining to the candidates’ personal details will have to be filled as well. At the end of the process, a receipt will be generated acknowledging the same. Candidates are required to take a print out of this form for any future reference.
- Choice Submission: Candidates can select their choice of course and institute, post the online registration. The process is done online; candidates can choose from their place of convenience. To access choice submission, candidates have to log in with their respective CET roll number and password. Please ensure that the maximum number of choices are filled, this maximizes the chances of obtaining a seat.
- Verifying the Result of Seat Allotment: The results of seat allotment can be viewed on the CET Delhi website. Log in with the CET user name and password.
- Printing the Provisional Allotment Letter: Candidates that have successfully procured a seat can progress on to the next step, viz., payment of the institute fees. Unsuccessful candidates can try to secure a seat in the next round of counseling. There is no need to pay the Processing Fee again.
- Payment of Institutional Fees (Part): The candidates who have secured a seat are required to pay a portion of the institutional fee. Fee details are provided in the allotment letter (provisional). Candidates have to ensure that pay the stated fees before the last day, else, their seat will be lost.
- Verification of Documents: Candidates who have secured seats are required to report to their allotted college on the prescribed date. Failing to do so would result in the automatic forfeiture of their seats. Post verification, the allotted college will provide a Document Verification Report to the candidates.
- Freezing Allotted Seats: If the candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat and does not wish to participate in succeeding rounds, they can avail the option to Freeze their seat. The candidate can access the Freeze option from their registered account.
- Online Payment of Balance Institutional Fees: The candidates have to pay the balance institutional fees before the given due date. Failure to pay will result in the forfeiture of the seat.
- Downloading the Final Allotment Letter: The last step in the counseling process is downloading the final allotment letter. Candidates can initiate the download by clicking on the “final allotment letter link
Important Documents for Delhi Polytechnic Counselling 2019
Candidates must ensure that the following documents are procured to complete their enrolment formalities.
- Candidate’s payment receipt (Institutional part-payment)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Online Registration Slip
- Copy of choices made
- Two recent color photograph (passport sized)
- Delhi CET 2019 Admit Card
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Mark Sheet and certificate of the qualifying examination
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
List of Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi
There are around 19 Delhi Polytechnic Colleges available for candidates to choose from. Provided below is a comprehensive list summarising the same. The addresses of these institutions can be accessed from the institute profile page of the CET Delhi website: https://cetdelhi.nic.in/cetdelhi_candidate/Docs12/InstituteProfile.aspx
|Polytechnic College List – Delhi|
|Government Institutions||Ambedkar Polytechnic|
|Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies|
|Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering|
|Gobind Ballabh Pant Polytechnic|
|Guru Nanak Dev Co-Ed Polytechnic|
|Integrated Institute of Technology|
|Kasturba Polytechnic for Women|
|Meerabai Institute of Technology|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital|
|Government Aided Institution||Sarada Ukil School of Art|
|Privately Managed BTE Affiliated Institutions||Subramania Bharati College of Science & Technology|
|Rao Tula Ram Polytechnic|
|Marathwada Institute of Technology|
|International Polytechnic for Women|
|Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic|
|Chhotu Ram Rural Institute of Technology|
|Baba Hari Dass College of Pharmacy|
|Aditya Institute of Technology|
List of Polytechnic Courses Offered
Following is a list of polytechnic courses for which counseling is conducted by the Department of Training and Technical Education, Delhi.
Polytechnic Course List
- Applied Art
- Architectural Assistantship
- Art For Drawing Teacher
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering – Construction Technology
- Civil Engineering – Public Health and Environment Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Cosmetology & Health
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics Engineering – Digital Electronics
- Electronics Engineering – Medical Electronics
- Fashion Design
- Garment Fabrication Technology
- Information Technology Enabled Services & Management
- Instrumentation & Control
- Interior Design
- Library & Information Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering – Maintenance Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Modern Office Practice-English
- Modern Office Practice-Hindi
- Polymer Technology
- Printing Technology
- Production Engineering
- Textile Design
- Tool & Die Making
FAQ’s on Delhi Polytechnic Admission
When does the admission/counseling process for Delhi Polytechnic start?
The admission process usually starts from the month of June, July or August.
When do classes commence for Delhi Polytechnic Courses?
Every year, the class usually starts from 1st August of every year.
Is there any processing fee to be paid for the admission process?
Yes, a processing fee of 700/- is to be paid along with the bank charges (amount subjected to banks).