Cross-Cultural Management Essay: Cross-cultural management is the administration’s study to understand the influence of societal culture on managers and management practice and individual managers’ research and the organization’s cultural orientations. There are different length essays on cross-cultural management to guide you in exams, speeches and class projects. I hope you find them useful.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Long and Short Essays on Cross-Cultural Management for Students and Kids in English
We provide children and students with essay samples on a long essay of 500 words and a short essay of 150 words on the topic “Cross-Cultural Management” for reference.
Short Essay on Cross-Cultural Management 150 Words in English
Short Essay on Cross-Cultural Management is usually given to classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
As the word suggests, Cross-cultural is studying the difference among people of different nations, backgrounds and ethnicities and the need to bridge the gap between them. According to the business terms, it means to build a gap in other culture employees at work. Globalization has taken over big and some small business houses, Cross-cultural management has become of vital importance.
Studies show that employees taught to understand different cultures to have no trouble caused due to different backgrounds. The need to study and implement cross-cultural management in business houses is due to the workforce’s diversity. As the market’s horizons are increasing the organizations to attain success and create goodwill in customer’s and employees’ eyes, they need to change management.
The new age demands cross-cultural management. The various techniques followed are group activities, formal training about the culture difference, regular interaction with the employees—a defined set of rules and instructions to motivate the employees in the diversified environment. A team leader must work very hard and understand the employees to achieve the diversified firm to progress. The most significant benefit of a cross-cultural firm is the increase in the employees’ creativity and innovation and the products and ideas generated.
Long Essay on Cross-Cultural Management 500 Words in English
Long Essay on Cross-Cultural Management is usually given to classes 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Cross-cultural management is the management of the cross-culture differences among business people of different nations and backgrounds. Cross-cultural training has improved an individual‘s relationships with host nationals and adjusts more rapidly to the new culture. The organization’s primary purpose of implementing cross-cultural management at all employees’ levels is to design a feasible organization structure and management mechanism.
The crisis faced by a firm in implementing cross-cultural management are:
1. The communication: The team leader’s problem is to explain different cultured people about each other and get them on the same page. Teamwork needs all the employees to understand each other. Some cultures have various forms of working. Different cultured people should understand the environment outside the area of work. Sometimes to get to know each other, a brief understanding of culture is required as some cultures do not like small talks like Germans but straight business talks.
2. Information Gaps: Everybody should have set goals and objectives clear to them. Helps in building confidence among the employees and avoids confusion. If the rules and regulations are clear, then no overlapping of tasks and hostility arises. Every work culture has a different pattern and speed of working, but the firm is fixed about how to communicate, then fewer chances of conflicts occur.
3. Workstyle: All work cultures have different styles of work. Some prefer individual over group contribution while some are vice versa. If the team members understand the organisation’s work ethics and respect each other’s working style, achieving the desired results becomes more comfortable.
4. Influences: Tensions can arise if two or three people in the same team with the same ideologies work in the same team. It is better to avoid such conflicts as regular team motivating, and other group activities initiated. Team members should be encouraged to spend time together to create trust and understanding amongst themselves. Team and group dynamics harmony is a must for progress.
5. Motivation factors: As the firm has taken a step towards diversification. Similarly, they need to bring out unique and individual motivation factors for the diversified teams’ employees. A unified motivational method used for the entire organization should not in diversified group perks and benefits motivate the employees better. Some individuals show better work spirits if appreciated individually, while some show better work skills if recognized as a group.
A unique opportunity is to manage a multi-cultured organization; the firms following it has created a brand image in international and national markets. Goodwill precedes the firm with a diverse culture, Creating creativity and innovations by the team’s employees. As different types of people will bring variety in the thought and beliefs of work, so monotonous or similarity is not a part of the group. The modern way to progress for a firm with multi-cultured talent is to tap it carefully and not miss out on the opportunity. Mostly a clear understanding and developing a straightforward way of communication is only needed to attain the common goals of progress.
Cross-Cultural management 800 words in English
Cross-cultural management is the study in which people with different backgrounds and cultures work in the same firm. People with diversified cultures work together in harmony in an organization. There are various aspects to the concept as it is not easy to manage multicultural people.
How to Manage a cross-cultural team program
Statistically, a cross-cultural team performs 35% more efficient than a standard group. But to derive their best potential and tap on the best resources, the common link needs to be understood. Some managements are scared to take the risk of culturally diverse teams to hamper the industry’s outcome.
Some ways to help in cross-cultural management among team members
Try to understand each member individually understand each member’s potential; it is essential to understand their skills and strengths individually before working with them. It will benefit you to steer the group better, but tapping a resource beneficial for the whole group is possible.
1. Adopt flexibility: Two major areas in this sector are scheduling and decision making. Different cultures give importance to different values some are flexible, and some are linear time construct on finishing a project.
2. Encourage communication: For greater efficiency; every member needs to voice their opinion. To not let any negative emotions build up as under pressure and not appreciated, members dominated by other team members or the management; it is vital to have an open conversation line. Ensure each members participation during the meeting, each and everyone should be freely able to give the opinions.
3. Motivate team-building activities: To build any relationship; it is essential to spend time together. The leader could plan special activities like happy hours, lunch, outings, team birthday parties and pantry chit chat. Communication should be encouraged during the downtime of the employee to help build stronger ties.
4. Listen actively: It is essential to communicate and listen with an open mind and not form opinions based on prejudice in the office’s culture. Suppose a general notion is there regarding a particular section’s performance in the office or the branch in another country. In that case, a good leader should try to understand that place’s work culture before forming an opinion.
5. Structure of rules: It is vital to have a structured set of rules for team members to perform best to their ability. In a culturally diversified group, it becomes furthermore essential to have uniformity of norms to achieve success. While forming those rules, the cultural difference should be kept in mind.
6. Resolve conflict immediately: A team leader should act as the cultural bridge between its team members and resolve any hostility directly. Waiting for long before resolving minor issues can end up into more significant issues. A team leader should be prompt in taking the decision and solving any problems.
7. Create a cross-cultural awareness program: To understand different cultures of the people working together and the customers for whom the management is working. A general awareness program should be organised, including general greetings, business etiquettes and dining custom.
Importance of Cross-Cultural Management
A progressive organization to understand the need of the employees and the environment is working in diversity beliefs. As said by, Fred Luthans, ‘Diversity is the presence of members of different ages, genders, ethnic groups and educational backgrounds in the organization.” There are people from different backgrounds in an organisation but with a common goal to achieve success, which is achieved only by cross-cultural management.
1. Globalization: As more and more firms are reaching out to different countries. To understand the need of the employees working and the work environment in which the management has to work. It is vital to diversify the stream of employees in the firm to achieve success.
2. Meet the competition: Diversity in the firm helps to meet the competition as the competitive market increases daily to cover higher skies and complete the match. Different people needed in the firm’s structure.
3. Creativity at its best: People with same backgrounds tend to have similar ideas and relate to a problem similarly. In a diverse environment, people with different backgrounds come up with other ideas as they react differently in the same domain. The difference in the organization’s cultural climate leads to creativity development when people of different backgrounds get a healthy environment to work and respect each other. A place which encourages freedom of speech it nurtures creativity and innovation.
4. Diverse market reaches: A company with a diverse environment can reach out to the better market of customers base and the needs of the everchanging market. Studies have shown that companies with diverse workforce end in higher production and better market grip. A brand image built because of the cross-cultural environment of the organization.
Cross-Cultural Management Conclusion
Cross-cultural management is the need of all progressive organizations. An organization can maintain and achieve a diverse workforce by friendly policies like flextime, telecommuting, job sharing, part-time job, and special care unit for small babies. However, it is not an easy job to train mindsets which have developed. To create a friendly environment among the vast cultural differences requires a set of rules and regulations following cultural differences in mind. a multicultural organization, a tolerant climate is needed.