Character Reference Letter: A character reference letter is an official document issued by the employer to the employee. Based on this letter the third party will account for the candidate’s personal attributes and character traits. So, basically, an employee gives the reference of his previous organisation to prove his professional behavior and character to the company, where he has joined or going to join.
When a candidate applies for a new job the resume and other certificates show the candidate’s professional qualification and skills. But to represent the character or personal characteristics a character reference letter plays a huge role. It puts a good impression in front of the employers. The letter is usually signed by your Manager or HR department who have known you personally as well in the office or your workplace.
A person who wants a character certificate or who are writing a character reference letter should have in mind all the important details that should be included in the letter. Hence, in this article, we have provided the format of the letter along with samples or examples. Before we go ahead let us understand what a character reference letter is.
Get Other Types of Letter Writing like Formal, Informal and Different Types of Letter Writing Samples.
What is Character Reference Letter?
A character or individual reference is a letter composed by a contact of a work applicant and gave to managers as a demonstration of the up-and-comer’s very own characteristics. It commonly comes from the point of view of somebody who has not worked with the up-and-comer in an expert limit, however, can address the applicant’s capacities and character, for example, a mentor, volunteer pioneer or family companion. This gives managers knowledge of an up-and-comer’s character and qualities and is useful in agreement if the up-and-comer would be a decent culture fit to the association.
At times, businesses may request that up-and-comers incorporate an individual reference with their applications. Managers may likewise request references previously or after meetings, or as the last advance before they choose to make a bid for employment.
Character Reference Letter Format
The character reference letter should be a single-page document expressing your involvement in the suggested individual just as why you want to give this reference. Contingent upon what your identity is and how the court sees you in thought to the case it might possibly influence the Judge into utilizing the letter in their last evaluation.
- Beginning: The start of the letter should mention what your identity is, the way long you’ve known the individual, and why you want to make this suggestion to the court.
- Body Paragraph(s): The body passage is your fundamental contention why the suggested individual is an individual of high good character. For instance, on the off chance that you are the business of the individual, it should state that they are so imperative to the work environment and argue to the Judge to show tolerance for this situation. Or then again on the off chance that it is a youngster care claim, it ought to have a relative compose how much the children intend to the suggested person.
- End: The end ought, to sum up, the motivation behind the letter and the person in question ought to compose their contact data (telephone and email) on the off chance that the court should need to circle back to any of the data proposed in the letter.
|Your Full Name|
Your city, state, Pincode
[Body of the letter]
Paragraph 1- Give your introduction
Paragraph 2- Explain your relationship with the employee and how long you have known each other
Paragraph 3- Give a short comment for employee
Close the letter by providing your contact details.
Sample Character Reference Letter
Dear Hiring Manager,
I have known Amish Tripathi for more than six years. He has joined as a mentor for the sales department and helping me improve my website and increase web traffic.
Amish is a dedicated, hardworking and innovative employee, I have met. It was a pleasure of working with him in any capacity. He is also very compassionate and helpful to others. Once, while we have to assist the other employees, his coworker was sick and wasn’t able to come office. Amish stepped into new plans and made sure that his coworker’s task is submitted on time.
For these reasons, I recommend Amish for the marketing manager position and believe he would be a valuable asset to any company fortunate enough to have him on their team.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Important Points to Remember the Character Reference Letter
- Character reference letters should be written positively. It should not highlight any person’s inadequacy in professionalism.
- Applicants should consistently choose references they’re sure can compliment them, and references should possibly concur on the off chance that they believe they can really address the contact’s best features
- Explicit models are significant. While a rundown of characteristics is useful, point by point models that help and represent these characteristics help bosses better see how an up-and-comer may act in different genuine situations.
- Short and briefed letters are ideal. As a rule, individual references ought not to surpass one page. Keep in mind, scouts and recruiting supervisors are occupied and may have a few contenders to consider. Keeping letters spellbinding however short will guarantee businesses read them completely.
- Do not mention any personal details. The reference letter shouldn’t really expound on an up-and-comer’s very own battles or other private issues they might not have any desire to be imparted to their planned business
Conclusion on Character Reference Letter
Numerous businesses request that new-comers give character reference letters so they can get a feeling of who the individual behind the resume really is. On the off chance that you’ve been approached to think of one for a companion, previous associate, or somebody in your own organization, it tends to be complimenting—yet in addition nerve-wracking in the event that you’ve never done it. Taking a gander at an illustration of a character reference letter can help take a portion of the pressing factor off.
Prior to composing a character letter test, you ought to comprehend what it really is and isn’t. Start by seeing what it’s called—a character reference letter. All in all, you ought to expound on the individual’s character characteristics, their own qualities, and the characteristics that may make them a reliable recruit. You can address their hard-working attitude and abilities, however, that is truly auxiliary. Businesses need to know whether this is somebody that will coexist with colleagues and fit in with their way of life.
FAQ’s on Character Reference Letter
What should be included in the character reference letter?
Include the details on how you know the candidate, mention the details of the position, also take suggestions from candidates what they would like to include as per their job interest, keep the details short and concise.
Whom to ask the character reference letter?
The candidate can visit the HR department or manager or HOD to get the letter. Other references are:
- Co-volunteer or volunteer leader
- Client or customer
- Vendor or business acquaintance
- Professor or academic advisor
- A personal or professional mentor
- Fellow student or graduate from an educational program
- Neighbor or friend