CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 2 are part of CBSE Sample Papers for class 12 Home Science. Here we have given CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 2.
CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 2
|Sample Paper Set||Paper 2|
|Category||CBSE Sample Papers|
Students who are going to appear for CBSE Class 12 Examinations are advised to practice the CBSE sample papers given here which is designed as per the latest Syllabus and marking scheme as prescribed by the CBSE is given here. Paper 2 of Solved CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science is given below with free PDF download solutions.
Time: 3 Hours
Maximum Marks: 70
- All questions are compulsory.
- There are total 25 questions.
- Questions no. 1-6 are for 1 mark, to be answered in one or two lines.
- Questions no. 7-13 are of 2 marks, to be answered in 10-20 words.
- Questions no. 14-15 are of 3 marks, to be answered in 20-30 words.
- Questions no. 16-21 are of 4 marks, to be answered in 40 words.
- Questions no. 22-25 are of 5 marks, to be answered in 50-60 words.
- Support your answers with suitable examples wherever required.
List any two precautions you will take in order to save your expensive clothes.
As per the latest RDA, how much protein is required by a 14 year old adolescent girl?
Mention any two skills that you will develop by studying a course of clothing and textiles.
What two points will Mrs Singh consider while planning a meal for her pregnant daughter-in-law?
State two consumer rights which will help you to get justice when cheated.
Suggest two courses to your friend who wants to pursue her career in Home Science after Class XII.
“Identity crisis is experienced by all adolescents during adolescence”. Do you agree with the statement? Support your answer with two suitable examples.
Draw a weekly format of maintaining household records.
State any four ways to meet the social needs of a 60 year old person.
How do diseases/illnesses affect the nutritional status of a person? Support your answer with two suitable examples.
Your mother sent you to a departmental store to purchase a loaf of bread. Which four features will you check on the label?
Explain the action of soap and detergent in removing dirt form fabrics.
“Warm colours and Cool colours influence the personality of a person”. Justify the statement with two suitable examples of each.
While working in the Home Science lab you stained your white shirt. Which six general principles will you follow while removing the stain?
A group of students from Class X is going on an excursion trip. Demonstrate to them the method of cleaning water by using chlorine tablets. Also explain to them any two advantages of using chlorine tablets.
What do you understand by the term ‘Personal Hygiene’? Make a chart mentioning 6 do’s and 6 don’ts to be followed in your Home Science lab.
Explain any four situations in which a consumer can file a complaint in the CPA and also list any four reliefs which are available to consumers under this Act.
Write any four new responsibilities of a newly-wed couple and also explain four skills they need to have to manage these responsibilities.
When is food said to be adulterated? Give any four points in support of your answer.
Name one adulterant which might be present in arhar dal and also write any two health hazards of the same.
Define the term ‘Investment’. Name any two long term scheme which will help a person to invest his/her savings for further use. Write two advantages and two disadvantages of each.
“Different clothes are required by different age groups.” What four points will you consider while selecting clothes for your 5 year old sister and 13 year old brother?
Which six features will Nidhi look for in a readymade gown to showcase efficient workmanship? Which mark in the label will indicate that it is 100% pure silk? Draw the logo of the same.
Differentiate between Direct and Indirect Real Income. Explain any three ways by which you and your college studying brother can supplement the family income.
Write any four symptoms of diabetes. List four major considerations in dietary management of the same. Name any two food items which should be liberally allowed to a diabetic patient.
Educate a group of students of Class Xth and XIth about four causes of substance abuse among adolescents and also explain any two consequences of substance abuse on physical health and mental health respectively. Write any two ways of controlling it.
Two precautions I will take to save my expensive clothes are
- Moth balls should be placed inside the containers used for storing the clothes for a long time.
- They should be dry-cleaned and aired properly before storage.
As per the latest RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance) the amount of protein required by a 14 year old adolescent girl is 52 grams per day.
Two skills that I will develop by studying a course of clothing and textiles are
- Designing fabrics and apparel.
- Care and maintenance of fabrics.
Mrs Singh will consider the following points while planning a meal for her pregnant daughter-in-law
- For the healthy growth and development of the foetus the meal should have more than the normal calories, proteins, calcium, iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- The pregnant daughter-in-law should be given food with more fibre and water, as she may suffer from
Two consumer rights which will help me to get justice when cheated, are,
- Right to be heard.
- Right to seek redressal
The two courses that I will suggest to my friend who wants to pursue her career in Home Science after Class XII, are,
- B.Sc. in Home Science.
- Degree course in Hotel Management
I agree with the statement, “Identity crisis is experienced by all adolescents during adolescence.” Two examples of an identity crisis are
- The adolescent struggles to establish her/ his values and goals in life due to lack of guidance from parents or teachers.
- The adolescent has several commitments which prescribe conflicting behaviours in a situation so that some commitments will not be met by behaving in a particular manner.
A weekly format of maintaining household records is shown below
|Item Paid for||Day of the Week||Weekly Amount Spent (Rs)|
|Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday|
Four ways to meet the social needs of a 60 year old person are
- Taking her/ him to parks for walk.
- Involving her/ him in some hobbies in which she/ he shows interest.
- Taking her/ him to visit relatives or friends of similar age.
- Taking her/ him to social functions.
Diseases and illnesses affect the nutritional status of a person in two ways
- The nutrition should be modified to replace the nutrients lost due to the illness or disease. An example of this is that if the patient is suffering from diarrhoea, the food mostly passes out of the body without being digested by the small intestines and so the nutritional requirement must be increased.
- The nutrition should be modified so as not to aggravate the disease any more. For if a person is suffering from diabetes, a low carbohydrate food must be given to simple example, so that blood sugar does not go up.
The four features that I will check on the label of the bread are
- The net weight of the loaf of bread.
- The date of expiry and manufacturing of the loaf of bread.
- The Maximum Retail Price (MRP) of the product.
- The name and address of the manufacturer and ingredient in making loaf of bread.
When the soap molecules come in contact with water, the non-ionic part of a soap molecule attaches itself to the dirt on the fabric because the dirt is miscible in it. The ionic part remains in the water. The dirt is removed when clothes are rinsed many times with soap in clean water.
When a detergent is added to water, the detergent molecules increase the surface tension of the water and penetrate in between the dirt and the fabric, where water alone cannot enter. The scrubbing action helps in moving the detergent deeper inside the fabric and makes the dirt float on the solution. The dirt hangs on the tail of the detergent molecule and is removed by movement of water particles during rinsing.
Warm colours are derived from the sun and fire, such as red, yellow and orange. Such colours influence the personality of a person by making him/her more open arid responsive to stimuli. Such colours also tend to make the personality more aggressive.
Cool colours are derived from water, such as green, blue and purple. Such colours influence the personality of a person by making the him/her more calm and relaxed. They also create a feeling of being less distracted by noise as well as feeling detached and reserved
Six general principles that I will follow while removing a stain from my white shirt are
- The stain should be removed when it is fresh, as far as possible.
- Identify the nature of stain so that an appropriate method to remove it can be used.
- If the stain is from an unknown source, the shirt should be first washed in cold water and then with detergent in hot water. In case the stain persists, the shirt should be bleached.
- Only dilute solution of chemical should be used to remove the stain so as to avoid damage to the shirt.
- Acidic stains should be washed in alkaline solutions.
- The stain should be removed by rubbing the chemical in a circular motion with the hands from the backside
of the shirt.
The method used for cleaning water by using chlorine tablets is to dissolve one tablet of 4 mg for every litre of water and keep the bottle closed for 10 minutes. Then open the bottle and consume the water, as all bacteriological contaminants will be dead.
Two advantages of using chlorine tablets are
- These tablets are convenient to carry, particularly for the military in camps or by hikers.
- It is a safe and effective method, as all bacterial contaminants are killed.
The term ‘Personal Hygiene’ refers to maintaining cleanliness of one’s body and clothing to preserve overall health and well-being. It includes a number of different activities related to washing or bathing, including cleansing yourself after using the toilet taking proper care of the mouth grooming and dressing and keeping clothing clean.
Do’s and don’ts to be followed in the Home Science lab are given in the table below
|Wear clean clothes while working.||Wear dirty clothes while working in the lab.|
|Keep your nails trimmed.||Paint your nails or keep them long.|
|Wash your hands before starting work.||Keep vegetables uncovered after cutting them for cooking.|
|Use clean utensils.||Sneeze or cough on food items.|
|Cover food items after they have been cooked.||Use dirty work surfaces or dirty knives.|
|Keep the lab free from insects and cockroaches.||Handle food items if you have a, burn or cut on the hands.|
Four situations in which a consumer can file a complaint under the CPA (Consumer Protection Act) are
- Shopkeepers charging more than the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) or altering the MRP with their own stickers.
- The shopkeeper refusing to show a pamphlet regarding detailed information about the product the product.
- The shopkeeper selling adulterated or loose items (when prohibited).
- The shopkeeper trying to promote sales of items whose date of expiry has passed.
Four reliefs to consumers under this act are
- Replacement or repair of defective goods.
- Refund of price paid for the defective goods or services.
- Refund of extra money charged.
- Compensation for the loss or injury suffered by the consumer due to negligence of the shopkeeper.
Four new responsibilities of a newly-wed couple are
- Be open to new ideas and try to understand the partner’s point of view.
- Adjust habits of sleeping, eating etc with the partner.
- Accept the partner as he/ she is.
- Educate self for parenthood.
Four skills they need to have to manage these responsibilities are
- Skill of adjustment with others.
- Skills of time, money and energy management.
- Skill of managing household chores as well as cooking (mainly for women).
- Skill of being a good parent to the children.
Food is said to be adulterated if it is deliberately spoiled or its quality is degraded when it is offered for sale, either by admixture, substitution by an inferior substance or by removal of a valuable substance. For instance,
- It consists wholly or partially of any filthy, rotten, decomposed or diseased animal or vegetable substance.
- It contains any harmful substance due to unhygienic processing.
- It is coloured, flavoured, coated, powdered or polished to make it appealing or of greater value.
- It is prepared, packed or stored in insanitary conditions.
One adulterant which might be present in arhar dal is Metanil yellow. Two health hazards of Metanil yellow are as follows
- It can cause abnormalities in the skin, eyes, bones and lungs.
- It causes degeneration of the reproductive organs, leading to sterility.
The term ‘Investment’ means that part of income which may be used to purchase a financial product or other item of value to generate some additional income.
Two long term schemes, with their advantages and disadvantages, which will help a person to invest his/ her savings for further use, are given in the table below
|Name of Scheme||Advantages||Disadvantages|
|Public Provident Fund(PPF)||Very low minimum amount of money needs to be invested every year (Rs 500 minimum)|
Very high rate of interest (7.6%) compared investment schemes
|The investment must be kept locked in for a long period (minimum 15 years), although partial withdrawal is allowed.|
Maximum limit of investment in a year is limited to Rs 1.5 lakhs only.
|National Savings Certificate (NSC)||It is one of the safest investment tools available at all Indian post-offices because it is guaranteed by the Government of India. The amount invested is eligible for deduction under section 80C of Income tax Act, 1961||The investor cannot redeem the National Savings Certificate before its maturity period except in some cases like death etc.|
The certificate has to be physically kept till maturity.
Four points to be considered for selecting clothes for my 5 year old sister and 13 year old brother are
|For my 5 year old sister||For my 13 year old brother|
|Clothes should be of colours liked by girls like pink, red, yellow, blue’or light green.||The brother’s opinion should be taken for selecting clothes that he has to wear. He may not always like the influence that his elders exert on what he has to wear.|
|Clothes should be comfortable and durable and allow free movement.||Clothes should be according to the current fashion, trends and styles because adolescents prefer such clothes.|
|Clothes should be made of soft absorbent cloth like cotton or linen. Synthetic clothes should be avoided as they may irritate the girl’s delicate skin.||The clothes should have enough allowances at the seam and hem so as to be adjustable to the adolescent’s speed of growth. ‘|
|The clothes should be of fast colour, easy to wash and crease resistant.||Clothes with radiant colours reflecting enthusiasm, cheerfulness and liveliness should be chosen.|
Six features which Nidhi will look for in a readymade gown to showcase efficient workmanship are
- There should be no puckering.
- The gown should be stitched with matching coloured thread.
- There should be enough hem and seam allowance.
- There should be seam interlocking.
- Stress areas should be reinforced with double thread. ‘
- Print should be aligned on different parts of the dress.
The mark on the label which will indicate that it is 100% pure silk is called the Silk Mark. The logo is given below
Direct (Non-money) Income consists of the goods and services availed by a family directly through their efforts or the efforts of the community without the use of money. In comparison, Indirect Real Income consists of those goods and services which are availed indirectly by a family in which some medium of exchange, usually money, is involved.
Three ways in which my college studying brother and I can supplement the family income are
- Taking up part-time jobs My brother and I can work as a part-time shop salesperson or an accountant during the evening hours.
- Self-employment My brother and I can conduct tuitions, cookery classes, make candles, tailor clothes etc during our spare time.
- Judicious use of possessions My family can use their land/ plot for growing vegetables which my brother or I can cultivate and sell.
Four symptoms of diabetes are frequent urination, excessive thirst and hunger, delayed healing of wounds and
cuts, impaired vision, weight loss and tingling sensation in hands and feet.
Four major considerations in dietary management of diabetes are
- High protein and low carbohydrate diet.
- Consume limited artificial sweeteners and fruits in moderation.
- Eat smaller portions every 2 to 3 hours.
- Consume liquids every hour.
Two food items which should be liberally allowed to a diabetic patient are kidney beans and onions, as they are both high in fibre while being low in carbohydrates
Four causes of substance abuse among adolescents are
- To fit in Many adolescents use drugs because they think others are doing it and they fear not being accepted in a social circle that includes drug using peers.
- To feel good The drugs interact with the neurochemistry of the brain to produce feelings of pleasure. The intensity of this euphoria varies according to the type of drug and how it is used.
- To perform better In our competitive society, in which the pressure to perform athletically and academically can be intense, some adolescents turn to stimulants because they think these will enhance or improve their performance.
- To experiment Adolescents are often motivated to seek new experiences, particularly those which perceive as thrilling or daring.
Two consequences of substance abuse on physical health are
- Liver damage
- Increased blood pressure
Two consequences of substance abuse on mental health are
- Permanent irreversible brain damage
- Emotional and behavioural problems
Two ways of controlling substance abuse are
- Admitting them in a drug rehabilitation centre. After they are cured, they must be kept busy in various activities.
- Encouraging them to spend more time with the family.
We hope the CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 2 help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 2, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.