Calicut University Distance Education: The University of Calicut distance education was established in 1968. The School of Distance Education Calicut University was established in 1981. It now becomes one of the largest and famous universities in Kerala. This university is located in the Thenhipalam of Kozhikode city, Kerala. It offers 14undergraduate courses, 12 postgraduate courses, and two diploma courses. Calicut University got provisional recognition from December in 2007 – 2008 for conducting distance education courses. The main purpose of providing courses via distance is to educate all those individuals who are unable to attend regular classes due to work, remote areas, and other reasons. Read on to find more about
Calicut University Distance Education Courses Offered
Calicut University PG Distance Education is providing a total of 28 courses; 14undergraduate courses, 12 postgraduate and 2 diploma courses. This university offers science courses like B.Sc.&M.Sc., Arts Courses like B.A.& M.A., Commerce Courses B.Com.& M.Com. and Professional Courses BBA, B.Li.Sc., BMMC and Bachelor in Psychology through distance learning. Also, this university offers an MBA course.
- Click here to get Calicut University Distance Education Syllabus for UG and PG Courses.
- Click here to get Calicut University Distance Education Question Bank for UG and PG Courses.
- Click here to get Calicut University Distance Education Study Material for UG and PG Courses.
Calicut University Distance Education Dates 2020
Candidates can apply for Calicut University with online and offline mode.
|Online registration for UG courses||10th August to 31st August|
|Calicut University Distance Education Admission 2020 Last Date (with a fine of INR 100)||10th September|
|Online registration for PG courses||10th August to 31st August|
|The Last date to submit the application form for PG||10th September|
Note: If there is an important update from the University it will be updated on the official website of the Calicut University of Distance Education: www.sdeuoc.ac.in
Calicut University Distance Education Exam Time Table 2020
How To Apply for Calicut University Distance Education?
Candidates can apply for distance education courses in Calicut university online at www.sdeuoc.ac.in with online registration or offline through the University centers. Once registration is done than students need to take the printout of the application form.
Calicut University Distance Education Online Registration/Application Form
- The candidate first has to pay the application fee by clicking on the “Instant Web Payment System” button on the official website of the Calicut University of Distance Education.
- After paying the challan online, print the receipt of the challan.
- The candidate will receive a security code via SMS.
- After receiving the security code, go to the official website through the link and click on the “Online Registration” icon.
- A form will appear where the candidate has to enter the security code and also the challan number.
- The candidate has to fill all the required information correctly in the application form.
- Upload the following document
- Most recent passport size photograph of the applicant. (JPEG Format)
- Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
On Spot Admission: Spot admission is especially for those candidates that have easy access to the study centres. The candidate can directly go to the University and buy the application form by submitting the demand draft and has to bring the original documents and also 3 recent passport size photographs of the applicant at the time of admission.
Calicut University Application Procedure
- Submit the application form in the online portal
- Pay the application fees, admission fees and other charges applicable(Pay via Bank Challan/ Demand Draft/ Online)
- Go to university website www.sdeuoc.ac.in
- Click on the admission link
- Fill the application form and submit it
- Print the complete application form
- Send the print out of the application form along with the Challan or demand draft and 3 passport size
- photographs to Director of Calicut University Distance Education, Calicut University, P.O Malappuram District, Pin code: 673635
Necessary Documents Required to Submit with Application Form
Students need to send documents for their eligibility verification to the university. The required documents are –
- Original Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Admission Fee Receipt (Challan or Demand draft)
- Receipt of Matriculation form fee
- Self-attested one copy of the first page of the SSC certificate
- 10 + 2 mark-sheet or 10 + 2 certificate
- Two self-attested copies of 10 + 2 mark-sheet
- Five self-addressed envelopes
- Printout of the application form
- Three passport size photos
For B.A/B.com Courses (Open Stream
- Proof that the student has cleared the entrance exam.
- Copy of Date of Birth certificate.
- Chalan receipt/Demand draft for tuition fees.
- Self-addressed stamped cover three nos.
- A copy of an additional certificate is required for SC/ST candidates.
For PG Courses
- Previous Provisional Certificate or Degree Certificate.
- Mark lists of qualifying exams.
- Three Self-attested envelops.
- Original Transfer Certificate.
- Chalan receipt/Demand drafts for tuition fees.
The application form has to be filled up online on the official website and then it sent through courier or post to university office along with necessary documents.
Calicut University Distance Education Application Fees
|Matriculation Fee (Those who are enrolling into the University for the first time)||100/-|
|Re-matriculation Fee (Those who are migrating from other universities)||150/-|
|Course Fees||Varies from 500 up to 3000 based on the course.|
The payment towards the tuition fee can be made through Demand Drafts and a copy of the Demand Draft should be sent along with the application form. All the payments are done through challan at the university. Students can pay through Indian Postal Orders. More details can be found at this link: http://sdeuoc.ac.in/?q=content/mode-remittance-fees
e-Payments are accepted at
- Jana SevanaKendrams/ Akshaya’s.
- State Bank of Travancore (via e-challan) and SBT Internet Banking.
Note: There is a relaxation of 7% marks for the reserved candidates as per State Govt. Act.
Calicut University Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Course Fees||Duration of Course||Eligibility Criteria|
|BA||2890/-||3 years||The student should have passed the (10 + 2) exam from a well-known university/board.|
|BBA||3000/-||3 years||The student should have passed the (10 + 2) exam from a well-known university/board with minimum one commerce subject.|
Note: Commerce students also can apply, but the candidate has to pass (10+2) with the minimum 50% marks.
|B. COM||3100/-||3 years||The candidate should have passed the (10 + 2) exam from a well-known university/board with minimum one commerce subject.|
Note: Commerce students also can apply, but the candidate has to pass (10+2) with a minimum of 45% marks.
|B.SC Maths||3100/-||3 years||The student should have passed the (10 + 2) exam from a well-known university/board. Also, have at least 60% marks in Maths.|
|M.SC||2735/-||2 years||The student should have a graduation degree with maths as one of the subjects from a well-known university.|
|M.COM||3260/-||2 years||The student must have a B. Com degree from a well-known university.|
|MA||3260/- (Arabic, Malayalam, History)2735/- (English, Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Philosophy, Sanskrit)||2 years||The student should have a graduation degree in the relevant subject from a well-known university.|
|MBA||–||2 years||The student should have a graduation degree in the relevant subject from a well-known university. The student also has to pass the entrance exam CUMAT, of UOC-SDE.|
Admission Confirmation and ID Card Distribution
- Once the admission is confirmed, candidates will be issued ID cards carrying their Enrolment No and Contact Class Centre. These can be also downloaded online from the university website www.sdeuoc.ac.in
Calicut University Distance Education Open Courses
The University owns a total of 18 educational institutions spread over 6 states and six approved abroad centers in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Kuwait, and Bahrain. University also offers some open courses such as B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., and BBA in many Specializations-
- Film Studies for B.A. English Course
- Chalachithra Padanam for B.A. Malayalam Course
- The socio-economic concept of Islam for the B.A. Arabic Course
- Life Skill Education Spoken Hindi for B.A. Sociology
- Basic Accounting for B.COM Course
- E-Commerce for BBA Course
- Mathematics for Social Sciences in B.SC. Mathematics.
- Spoken Hindi for B.A. Hindi Course.
- Human Rights in India for B.A. Political Science.
Calicut University Contact Number and Details
|Address||Calicut University, Thenhipalam of 23 Km south of Kozhikode city,|
P.O: Malappuram District, Calicut.
Pin code: 673635
|Phone Numbers||0494-2407356, 2400288, 2407461|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
|Web Site Link||www.sdeuoc.ac.in|
FAQ’s On Calicut University Distance Education
How to fill the Calicut University Distance Education Application Form 2020?
The Application form of Calicut University can be filled by both offline and online mode.
After Getting Admission can I be eliminated from the course?
Yes, you can withdraw from the course at any time.
What is the fee of the Calicut University Distance Education Application form?
The application fee of Calicut Distance Education form is 200/-.
What I have to carry while going for a Calicut University exam?
You must have to take the Admit Card/ Calicut University Hall ticket Distance Education, University ID card and other necessary things like pen, pencil, eraser, sharpener, scale, etc. as per your requirement.