Biodata Format: Biodata is a document that concentrates on your details such as date of birth, gender, religion, nationality, place of residence, marital status, parents’ names, contact details, current position, salary, etc. It may also include a brief opening remark, your education, and experience in sequential order. In some South Asian countries (e.g. India, Bangladesh) it is practiced instead of a resume/CV. A sort of biodata form may be needed when using for government, or defense jobs. Moreover, it is widely used for marriage purposes in South Asia. A Biodata format for marriage and a Resume for jobs are pretty different and in fact poles apart.
Difference Between Biodata, Resume and CV
A resume, CV, and biodata are papers that carry you to your considered company and give them your contact particulars. They all share something about your experience, abilities, and literacy.
- Resume: A resume is a brief document used to apply for jobs. It provides future employers with a summary of your work experience. The word resume is a French word for sum up. Your resume concentrates on and sums up your job-related achievements and expertise.
- CV: CV or Curriculum Vitae (Latin word for the course of life) is the alternative to a resume. It is an account of your educational and professional accomplishments. CVs are often larger than resumes, stretch more into detail, and range depends on the applicant’s expertise. In the US, CVs are standard when applying for academic jobs, research positions, awards, or scholarships. Subsequently, around the globe, a CV is a resume.
What is Biodata?
- an alternative word for a resume or CV in South Asia
- a “marriage resume”
- a supplement to a resume
- a kind of form for collecting personal Biodata used in research and certain institutions.
How To Write Biodata Format for Jobs
- Objective: An objective consists of 2-3 sentences that define why you are suitable for the position. This type of opening statement is helpful for freshers and those whose experience is restricted. Be certain your purpose presents your strong qualities, blends in expertise and explains how you can serve the company. To compose a winning biodata summary, keep these points in mind
- Focus on your track-record.
- Specify your education and experience (if any).
- Show your accomplishment(s).
- Use numbers to quantify your potential.
- Personal Information: Make sure to cover all the essential information. Double-check the job advertisement to see if there are any particular requirements for you to fulfill. Here’s a list of views of what you may want to add in your biodata personal information part
- current position,
- email address,
- phone number,
- contact details,
- postal address,
- place of residence,
- date of birth,
- marital status,
- parents’ names,
- Educational Qualification: Mention your complete education such as Schooling, Graduation, and Post-graduation with the secured marks. Also, write your coursework and academic achievements relevant to the job on offer.
- Example: 2003-2011, DAV School Vasant Vihar
Activities: Member, Maths Club Class V-VII
- 2011-2015, K. Bagrodia Public School, Rohini High School Diploma
Activities: Member, Maths Club, Class IX-XII, Member, IT Club, Class IX-XII
- 2015—2017, Bachelor in Engineering, Delhi University, Delhi NCR, India, CGPA: 7.5
Specialization: Designing and Implementing System Software
- Example: 2003-2011, DAV School Vasant Vihar
- Showcase your Experience: Mention the roles and responsibilities you have performed in your previous job. Such as:
- Role and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain applications for various projects.
- Formulate well-designed, testable code.
- Transforming existing code to add new features.
Based on this particular offer, these would be
- App design
- App development
Example – Freelance Software Engineer
- Created and developed a stock management app for iOS that practices voice instructions to add unique items. The app cut inventory management time by up to 80%.
- Modified and updated the code of a price identification app that enabled it to display price fluctuations in real-time.
- Smoke tested an iOS cab-hailing app for a startup company.
Biodata Sample Format for Job
72, Sarojini Nagar
High School English Teacher
I promote reading, writing, and critical reasoning skills in high school students.
Passionate English teacher with a decade of expertise, helping students comprehend literature while refining their research and writing skills.
Key skills include:
- Dispute resolution
- Team building and leadership
- Student support
High School Teacher (July 2010-Present) – Mary High School, Sarojini Park.
Teach Freshmen Composition and Modern American Literature, which comprises primarily of juniors and seniors.
Notable achievements: Improved the school’s annual compilation of student poetry and serve as an adviser for the school magazine. I was honored as the school district’s English Teacher of the Year in both 2016 and 2017.
Middle School Teacher (July 2008—May 2010) – Rs Agarwal Middle School, Moti Nagar, New Delhi
Taught seventh – and eighth-grade English and assisted with the school yearbook.
Notable achievement: Worked on a board that reviewed the district’s middle school English curriculum and renewed novels and other materials on the study list.
Student Teacher (January 2008—April 2008) – Jamia Street School, Saratoga Springs, Calif.
Designed lesson plans and taught sixth-grade English students.
Notable accomplishment: Created and executed an interdisciplinary literature study based on a general theme.
Education & Credentials
Marry College, Jayanagar, Delhi.
Bachelor of Science in English and Secondary Education, 2007.
Job Biodata Format for Students
Date of Birth
|Name of the Examination||Name of the Board/University||Name of the Institution||Year of Passing||Percentage|
Note: Qualifications must be written in tabular form with the above-mentioned heads.
Work Experience – It should be written from the latest to the oldest along with the duration.
FAQ’s on Bio data Format in English
What is the insight of the Format of biodata for the job?
To make your bio data format for job aspirants stand out, you might need to include:
- Personal information
- Objective / Summary
- Key skills
How can I write biodata for teaching?
- Highlight your educational qualification
- Add all critical teaching experience
- Showcase your experiences
- List achievements, not duties
- Tailor each resume to the position
- View the formats
- Use examples
What is the biodata resume?
Biodata is nothing but an old fashioned vocabulary for Resume or CV. BioData is the short form for Biographical Data. It is an archaic terminology for Resume or C.V. In a biodata, the focus is on personal particulars like date of birth, gender, religion, race, nationality, residence, marital status, etc.
Are bio-data and CV the same?
BioData is the short form for Biographical Data and is an archaic terminology for Resume or C.V. In bio data english the focus is on personal details like date of birth, gender, religion, race, nationality, residence, marital status, and the like. A sequential listing of education and expertise comes after that.