Appointment Letter: The appointment letter is the first piece of document handed to the candidate who has gone through the interview and has been selected for the position. This is a confirmation that the person has been appointed for a particular job. This letter is a formal letter issued by the organisation where the candidate has been employed. It is an intimation letter given to the selected employee for a particular designation like a software professional, an auditor, a teacher, an accountant, a designer, etc., or for an internship.
The appointment letter will consist of the name of the person being employed for the job and also the designation name, company name and date of appointment. In this article, we will see the format of the appointment letter along with some samples. These samples are provided in words and are simple appointment letters that can be easily prepared.
Get Other Types of Letter Writing like Formal, Informal and Different Types of Letter Writing Samples.
The basic appointment letter will consist of Name, date of commencement, date of joining, job location, designation name, roles and responsibility, CTC, working hours, condition for termination, amendment and enforcement, leave policy, notice period clause etc. The letter should comprehensively mention all the terms and conditions. Usually, the private company has such an appointment letter format. Even the government companies will provide the appointment letter to the rightful candidate by sending them the post or directly through their website. Recently, the food corporation of India (FCI) has released the Appointment Letter for Selected Candidates 2020.
A sample letter requesting an appointment for a business meeting is also provided here, which can be mailed to the concerned person. These request letters can be sent by the employee asking for a meeting appointment with the boss or director of the company or to a client for a discussion over the business.
Appointment Letter Format
Every time a company has processed recruitment to hire job seekers who are willingly looking to get employed, they need to apply for such jobs by sending the application letter. The selected candidates will be sent the call letter through drafts or mails to the candidate’s address and called for the interview. After the selection of the right candidate for the job, they will be provided with an appointment letter as a confirmation of their appointment to the job. Here is the format of appointment letter template in the word.
Appointment Letter Sample: Here are a few sample of appointment letters to be provided to the employee, after he has cleared the interview and selected for the designated profile, whether they have been appointed as a software professional, a teacher, an accountant, etc.
Internship Appointment Letter
Sometimes the companies also offer internships to the freshers or students who are already seeking their graduation to give them the knowledge of the work atmosphere in the organisations. These internships will be of short duration, such as sometimes it is 3 months, sometimes of 6 months, depending on the company’s requirement. Interns tend to learn a lot through these internships.
Appointment Letter for Job/Employee
The letter to appoint an employee for a particular designation or job is called a job appointment letter. Below is the sample letter for a software professional job.
How do I Write an Appointment Letter?
Writing an appointment letter becomes easy when there is a format available. Hence, here is a format to write the appointment letter, you can follow in general. This template is very useful to write the appointment letter of any kind for general private companies.
Difference Between Offer Letter and Appointment Letter
When a company is hiring an employee for a certain designation, they may send a number of correspondence before the position is actually filled. The two most important documents or letters provided by the company after the recruitment process is over are offer letter and appointment letter.
- Offer Letter: An offer letter is a letter that a company sends to the candidate when they decide to hire an employee for a job. This letter will state the job designation and salary offered by the company. It may also mention the other perks and benefits which will be provided by the company after the candidate has joined the job. Along with that the offer letter included the date of joining and job location in it. If the company requires any other information of the employee, such as birth certificate, ID proof, or any professional licenses, it will be stated in the letter. The letter will consist of a deadline under which the employee has to respond, failing which he/she may lose the candidature for the job. And the next candidate will be hired for the position.
- Appointment Letter: The appointment letter is a confirmation letter sent by the company to the selected candidate, stating that he/she has been appointed for the particular position. This letter will usually consist of designation name, Date of joining, Job location, Salary at which both the parties have agreed, benefits, working hours, working days and company’s terms and conditions.
The basic difference between an offer letter and appointment letter is the candidate has to reply back to the letter that he/she is accepting the offer letter of the position offered by the company. The candidate is either asked to take out the print out of the offer letter and put his/her signature and send it back via mail or post. But in the case of appointment letters, it is provided only when the candidate has accepted the offer letter by the company.
Appointment Letter for Accountant
An appointment letter format for the position of Accountant should consist of the date of joining, job location, salary and benefits, working hours specifically on it. A sample letter is provided below for reference.
FCI Appointment Letter for Selected Candidates 2020
- Food Corporation of India (FCI) has released the list of candidates who have been selected for the position of Category-III posts Such as Junior Engineer (JE) in Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering, Assistant Grade-III in Accounts, General, Depot, Technical and Typist in Hindi.
- Candidates who have been selected can visit the official website (http://fci.gov.in/) of the FCI and check their names on the list.
- The ‘offer of appointment’ has been released to the respective candidates’ current address. They have to follow the instructions as per written in their Appointment Letter.
FAQ’s On Letter of Appointment
What is an Appointment Letter?
An appointment letter is a confirmation letter sent by the company to the selected candidate, stating that he/she has been appointed for a particular position. This letter will usually consist of designation name, Date of joining, Job location, Salary at which both the parties have agreed, benefits, working hours, working days, and company’s terms and conditions.
What is the setup of the appointment letter?
Request Letter for Job Appointment (Template)
(State, city, zip code)
From (Full names) (Address)
Dear Mr. / Ms. ( last name)
Sincerely, Yours Sincerely. (Full names)
What should be included in an appointment letter?
- Date of Joining
- Job Location
- Salary and Benefits
- Hours of working
- Leave Policy
- Terms and conditions